Black Edition

Diamond, the Director of the dealership told me yesterday that it was pretty hush hush but there is a contingency fun set aside to pay for compensation and car hire for people that have had there dates put back initially to september, they only told me yesterday that it was still Sept for me but mine was a week after yours so wont be happy if mine gets the shove too! i will be requesting a car from Sept 1st till i get mine if that happened.

Thats incredible though!

Got get back in touch with the dealer on Thursday to see if they can get me in one of there cars for the mean time. If not i will be cancelling. Already considering a Ford Focus RS which i can be in at the end of the month or a Golf GTi or GTD. Lets see what Thursday bring first, not getting my hopes up through.

Just received my new black edition :thumbsup:
4724615842_a442815624_b.jpg

Heres mine after a wash and clay and sat in goldern sunset...

DSC_2012.jpg

Got get back in touch with the dealer on Thursday to see if they can get me in one of there cars for the mean time. If not i will be cancelling. Already considering a Ford Focus RS which i can be in at the end of the month or a Golf GTi or GTD. Lets see what Thursday bring first, not getting my hopes up through.

Oh man dont get a Ford!! whatever you do, its like wearing a Naff Naff jacket! GTD's are just as hard to get as a A3 mate also and the GTI isnt a patch on the last one, fingers crossed that they can sort something out, the guys latest pictures still egg me on to sticking it out for the SB.

I just got an email from Audi

Your new A3 will be built in week 37 of the year (mid September). I will expect to see the car at the end of September to the start of October.
:w00t::eyebrows::p

Hi Guys,

I have had an S3 SB BE on order (since mid. May) & after seeing this thread I decided to email Audi to find out a) Is delivery of End August OK and b) will it be a MY10 or MY11? Most of the extra bits they seem to have added to the MY11 I specified when I ordered anyway (Sat Nav and Bluetooth etc) but I am quite liking the new Rotor alloys as they are quite different and initially there won't be so many about. Fingers crossed they come back soon with some good news!
Although I am sure I read somewhere on here that S3's are quicker delivery???

Well tomorrow will know if i'm going keep my order or cancelling it. As i said before ordered in mid April back then i was told that it will be with me end of June. then July and then Sept and now finally been given a build week of 45 which is actually mid Nov so won't been seeing the car till at least end of Nov. That more than 8 months wait! Dealer said they going try sort out a loan car for me in the mean time inwhich i don't think he will be able do due to the time from now till the new car comes in Nov. But we will wait and see tomorrow. Don't want to cancel my order as i really like the A3 BE but spent all day ring around dealers see if i can get a BE any sooner or if they got one in the showroom now, but with no luck.

Well tomorrow will know if i'm going keep my order or cancelling it. As i said before ordered in mid April back then i was told that it will be with me end of June. then July and then Sept and now finally been given a build week of 45 which is actually mid Nov so won't been seeing the car till at least end of Nov. That more than 8 months wait! Dealer said they going try sort out a loan car for me in the mean time inwhich i don't think he will be able do due to the time from now till the new car comes in Nov. But we will wait and see tomorrow. Don't want to cancel my order as i really like the A3 BE but spent all day ring around dealers see if i can get a BE any sooner or if they got one in the showroom now, but with no luck.
Call the dealer to take to work and threw it on your Audi factory car and order
(let it move your ***):eyebrows: :)

Last edited:
your car would be on June
but someone from the living room does not ensure the delivery date car

p.s.
after signing the contract and set up your car
Audi dealer after a maximum of two weeks, give the date of delivery cars

Last edited:
eh? no hablo englais..

Well if mine goes back i'm having the TT thats in the show room for the same price lol.

Update, Been down see the dealer today and they were very helpful. They do have a contingency fun put aside of £500,000 for customers who had there dates put back. The trouble is with me is that they still not had a answer back from Audi uk. I need a answer asap because my current car road tax runs out at the end of the month, so i need to be in a other car 1st July. They told me that they will chase them up for a answer, but it was more likey to be on Monday now. If the answer is No or if i can't get answer by then i'm been offered a brand new Focus RS fully loaded on a very good deal. Must admit the RS is a really good car was very impressed. But Audi is still my first choice.

Last edited:
Diamond, have you got Audi to see what other dealers have in stock, if you are prepared to compromise on what extras you have I know that they will give you even better deal. p.s I was speaking to a guy yesterday who has ordered an s-line and his delivery is December!!!

Diamond, have you got Audi to see what other dealers have in stock, if you are prepared to compromise on what extras you have I know that they will give you even better deal. p.s I was speaking to a guy yesterday who has ordered an s-line and his delivery is December!!!

Yes i already done that the only one they can find in BE was Sportback. I have no need for the extra room. The other were standard s-line's which either no would near my specs or different colour i don't want.

My delivery is in early Dec as well.:crying:

I was in my dealer today, they had a 3 dr in black but im sure it was sold

Have you had your car yet?

Yeah, got it Tuesday afternoon, its fantastic! I previously owned a Jetta 2.0 tdi 140 sport and it doesnt even come close to the Audi!! thats saying something too as i really enjoyed the Jetta.

Yeah, got it Tuesday afternoon, its fantastic! I previously owned a Jetta 2.0 tdi 140 sport and it doesnt even come close to the Audi!! thats saying something too as i really enjoyed the Jetta.

Glad you enjoying it, you must post some pic's when you have time.

Have had en email back from my Audi dealer and apparently car is due for production week 29 and should be delivered mid. August and will be a MY11. Hope this is true on both points!

Hope you guys can sort yours out. Iam sure it will be worth the wait, but can understand how frustrating it can be.

Finally found a real photo with the new Black Edition Rims on.

735789521.jpg

Audi-A1-S-Line-0.jpg.png

I really like them!

Last edited:
They look quality! As does the red! Even more impatient for mine to arrive now.

Hang on December?!! there still telling me September!

Understand what you mean about the RS but as you say its not your first choice. don't go for an easy option fella.

Well after much thinking i'm going hang on and wait for it. I'm sure it will be worth it. Still not heard anything back from Audi uk on the hire car, but the saleman said should me beginning of this week. Just can't understand why some of you on here ordered your car later than me but are still getting it few months early than me.

Will report back as soon as i get somemore new info.

Well after much thinking i'm going hang on and wait for it. I'm sure it will be worth it. Still not heard anything back from Audi uk on the hire car, but the saleman said should me beginning of this week. Just can't understand why some of you on here ordered your car later than me but are still getting it few months early than me.

Will report back as soon as i get somemore new info.

Only thing i can think of is because yours is a 170? maybe there is more to adding the stop start or it went a bit tits up and its delayed it. Only common sense thing i can think of.

Either way it's just not on making you wait that long...Audi are in danger of getting some very bad press if they continue like this with the majority of their customers! (Definitely right choice not to get the Ford though.)

Last edited:
Update - Well after spending nearly all morning at the dealer. Audi uk have finally approved the hire car. Only trouble is that they won't give it to me until 1st September. My current car is going this Thursday so will have to find another car drive round in for the next 2 months until i get the hire car off Audi in September. The bright side is i'll be driving around in car from September to end of November for nothing.

Last edited:
Hi guys, picked up my Phantom Black BE 140 sportback last week, loving it, I was going to get the Ibis white, but thought the Black looked meaner (some might disagree).

Regretting not going for the folding mirrors, does anyone know if these can be fitted, or are they only available if ordered with the car?

Will get some pics up soon.

Hi guys, picked up my Phantom Black BE 140 sportback last week, loving it, I was going to get the Ibis white, but thought the Black looked meaner (some might disagree).

Regretting not going for the folding mirrors, does anyone know if these can be fitted, or are they only available if ordered with the car?

Did it come with the new rotor style wheels? Looking forward to the pics!

you can retro fit but they are expensive.. around £700 as far as i remember...

Further info on my BE odyssey...

Manchester Audi are holding their hands up and saying that Audi in Germany have cocked up big time and are now pushing BE orders well into next year delivery-date wise. There have been a catalogue of errors that have led to the A3 BE, among other models, being pushed back so far.

To compound the fact on BE models they are now having trouble sourcing the new wheels they have stated come with it! So in the first instance they kill the RS alloys that people loved and then can't source the new 'rotor' style like they had planned.

All in all this, along with the fact that apparently Audi manufacturing haven't placed orders in any type of 'first come, first served' manner means after ordering in February the latest delivery date for my car is mid-December!! Production week I have been given is Week 47, 22nd November. So not best pleased. Like others I have been advised that Audi have organised the 'Audi Mobility' program for those people affected by long delayed production and delivery dates. I have been put forward for this but don't know what it means in regards to when I could see a hire car from them or what stipulations for it's use will be in place. I will update once I know more.

I have been told that my production date could still come forward and it has been noted with manufacturing that mine is an urgent order, but to be honest I doubt this will make any difference whatsoever!

As said previously - if this wasn't a company car and the company car list still had other cars I want as much or more then I would throw the towel in and be done with Audi. Looks like I'm in for the long haul!

Further info on my BE odyssey...

Manchester Audi are holding their hands up and saying that Audi in Germany have cocked up big time and are now pushing BE orders well into next year delivery-date wise. There have been a catalogue of errors that have led to the A3 BE, among other models, being pushed back so far.

To compound the fact on BE models they are now having trouble sourcing the new wheels they have stated come with it! So in the first instance they kill the RS alloys that people loved and then can't source the new 'rotor' style like they had planned.

All in all this, along with the fact that apparently Audi manufacturing haven't placed orders in any type of 'first come, first served' manner means after ordering in February the latest delivery date for my car is mid-December!! Production week I have been given is Week 47, 22nd November. So not best pleased. Like others I have been advised that Audi have organised the 'Audi Mobility' program for those people affected by long delayed production and delivery dates. I have been put forward for this but don't know what it means in regards to when I could see a hire car from them or what stipulations for it's use will be in place. I will update once I know more.

I have been told that my production date could still come forward and it has been noted with manufacturing that mine is an urgent order, but to be honest I doubt this will make any difference whatsoever!

As said previously - if this wasn't a company car and the company car list still had other cars I want as much or more then I would throw the towel in and be done with Audi. Looks like I'm in for the long haul!

I know how you feel. Im in the same place as you (week 45-10th Nov)

I already been approved a hire car under there Audi Mobility program but they won't give me until September. Personal i think you won't have a problem getting a hire car off them, but what date they will give you one is a different matter.

My dealer as also put me on there urgent order list, but my dealer as told me not to get my hopes up of getting it sooner.

I know how you feel. Im in the same place as you (week 45-10th Nov)

I already been approved a hire car under there Audi Mobility program but they won't give me until September. Personal i think you won't have a problem getting a hire car off them, but what date they will give you one is a different matter.

My dealer as also put me on there urgent order list, but my dealer as told me not to get my hopes up of getting it sooner.

Jeez, we've been hit big time by the BE balls up! I was just looking at the list, and I hate the way it looks as a hatchback... but there is the option of a 123d M Sport also there now. Tempting. Might phone BMW up and ask how long the lead time would be. I know a colleague of mine got his BMW around 6 weeks after ordering!!