EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132333437 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Picked up my 3 door BE yesterday (ordered 25th February).
    Went for the 140 tdi with metallic black paint, comfort pack, technology pack, smokers delete, rear badge delete and alcantara seats.

I love it.
    Looks absolutely spot on (by the way I'm not buying it that anyone thinks those new wheels are better; they'll make the car look less mean), is economical, very high standard of quality and kit inside and out.
    Might not be the fastest out the blocks, but has plenty of poke once going.

Aberdeen Audi are a dealer I can recommend highly.
    Post up some pic's if you can please.

When i was at the dealers yesterday, they had 3 BE delivered, so they must be building them still but can't understand why the delay in some cases. Also told me that anyone looking for a factory order would be looking at the end of Septemember, early October now.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi i'm new to the forum but have been pondering in the background for some time now, as ive got a BE on order, so interesting to read about the face lift but i have as yet had no email from the dealers about it, ordered on 18th april a 170 SB, one thing concerns me, when they introduced stop/start on the 140 tdi, I believe from previous posts that they now have a single exhaust tailpipe does anyone know if the 170 still has the twin?
    Last edited by dubmeister; 15th May 2010 at 18:19.

1st Gear
    Bounce Back Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3rick View Post
    When I placed my order in March they said delivery would be late april/early may......... I think dealers are sometimes very economical with the truth

I placed my order for a sportback BE at the end of feb and pick it up next friday 21 may

The Ibis

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    What is your built date they have given you? if you don't mind me asking. Also which dealership is this?
    Week commencing 24th May, newbury audi

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmeister View Post
    Hi i'm new to the forum but have been pondering in the background for some time now, as ive got a BE on order, so interesting to read about the face lift but i have as yet had no email from the dealers about it, ordered on 18th april a 170 SB, one thing concerns me, when they introduced stop/start on the 140 tdi, I believe from previous posts that they now have a single exhaust tailpipe does anyone know if the 170 still has the twin?
    This was one of the reasons i changed my order from 140 to the 170 and now that the 170 is getting Stop and start tech. Me and the saleman went through all of the information on MY11 and even call Audi sales centre. As far as we both make out it still as twin exhaust. Plus on the Audi Germany web-site configurator it is twin. So my qutie sure it will be be twin exhaust still. Hope that helps.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3rick View Post
    Week commencing 24th May, newbury audi
    Its may look like your mite be one off the last MY10 model to be built before they switch to MY11 if your dealer is right.

1st Gear

Status
    Does anyone know what the dealis with the tech pack now being standard on the s3, i placed my order about 5 weeks ago without the tech pack and will be a my11 car so will it have the the tech pack or not???
    Past cars.....

52 Leon cupra r
    54 Mini cooper s works
    05 golf gti
    07 type r
    57 R32
    08 leon cupra k1
    Red S3 sportback now gone..
    11 A4 136 diesel black edition

Current...

S3 sportback Ibis white pan roof..
    nice to be back after diesel power

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo555 View Post
    Does anyone know what the dealis with the tech pack now being standard on the s3, i placed my order about 5 weeks ago without the tech pack and will be a my11 car so will it have the the tech pack or not???
    I think will almost be a MY11. Best thing do is find out if you have go a build date from your dealer, if not you are most defo going to be a MY11. Tech pack Satellite Navigation system - DVD-based, Bluetooth interface and Audi Music Interface.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeh thats what i thought, i havn't got a build date yet so there is no way it will be built by the end of the month, would be good if i got the tech pack extra as my dealer did say that the price i was quoted is the price i will pay regardless...
    Past cars.....

52 Leon cupra r
    54 Mini cooper s works
    05 golf gti
    07 type r
    57 R32
    08 leon cupra k1
    Red S3 sportback now gone..
    11 A4 136 diesel black edition

Current...

S3 sportback Ibis white pan roof..
    nice to be back after diesel power

Quattro Drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmeister View Post
    I believe from previous posts that they now have a single exhaust tailpipe does anyone know if the 170 still has the twin?
    I collected mine on the 29th March and it has double pipes... Thankfully...
    Ibis White 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro Black Edition

LOOKING FOR - Black facelift wingmirrors
    FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

Brilliant Black Black edition

Status
    Sun was shining today, so seemed like a good reason to give the new car it's first wax...

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice pic's. Great job black looks stunning. Makes me want my car even more, but still wating for a build date.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    Hey, thanks for waxing my car.

Oh no wait, that's yours. Lol. Pretty similar to mine. Looks like a great job there. Needs a little polishing though.

MY10 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Gone but not forgotten
    2003 Seat Leon Cupra R W.I.P.

Reverse Gear

Status
    OK latest update on the knocking noise is that Audi are confused as to what could be causing the noise. They have booked it in for next tuesday and are giving me a coutesy car so they can investigate further. They are also going to straighten my steering as the wheel is turned slightly to the left when the car goes straight. Really annoying when you have a flat bottom steering wheel, it makes it far more noticable.

1st Gear

Status
    Latest info on my 2.0 TDi 170 BE order;

Manchester Audi have now confirmed it has been 'ordered' and is in the system. It will be a MY11 car with the new spec including start/stop, new alloys etc.

Actual build date still not confirmed but I have been told that this will be confirmed by the end of this week or beginning of next (I have heard this before but hoping it's coming together now... maybe more blind faith).

I have been told that the MY10 alloys will not be available at all and that feedback has been less than positive on this change so far. The guy I spoke to was very apologetic but didn't see what else they could do to build my BE with the old alloys as they have been 'discontinued'. I'm a little pee'd off that the alloys were one part of the car that I loved and they will be changed and in my eyes don't look as good, but that is just the way it goes. As a company car the start/stop will mean the tax reduces slights which is one positive.

Not much else to report at the moment and if anybody has any luck in getting a MY11 spec'd with MY10 alloys I would be happy to hear from you!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RB84 View Post

I have been told that the MY10 alloys will not be available at all and that feedback has been less than positive on this change so far. The guy I spoke to was very apologetic but didn't see what else they could do to build my BE with the old alloys as they have been 'discontinued'.
    Has anyone got a picture of these new alloys for the black edition as im thinking of ordering one next month???
    2014 A4 Black Edition 150TDI

A3 Bits for sale:
    Brand New Pipercross Panel Filter (TDi)
    Light/Rain Sensor with Loom
    A3 50mm H&R Cup Suspension Kit (Shocks & Springs)
    Brand New H&R Springs (50MM)
    OEM Auto Dimming rearview Mirror

Gone But Not Forgotten....
    2012 A3 Ibis White SportBack Black Edition 140
    2011 A1 Black Sline 106
    2006 A3 Red Sline 140

Too Much Hype

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay.Ing View Post
    Has anyone got a picture of these new alloys for the black edition as im thinking of ordering one next month???
    previous page

Too Much Hype

Status
    Callipers done

im very happy with them

1st Gear
    Bounce Back Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deano670 View Post
    Callipers done

im very happy with them

2nd Gear

Status
    Calipers look tidy Deano!

As for the new wheels i hear what your saying guys but lets see what they look like before we condem them, any dealer worth there salt should be able to source some if you really want them, maybe the old well i want my money back then as its not what i ordered needs pulling out the bag?

Have to remember that the current wheels are everywhere and i do agree that they look and suit the car too a tee but personally i like to be a little different from the crowd.

Will email my dealer again and see if they have any more info.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat6 View Post
    Sun was shining today, so seemed like a good reason to give the new car it's first wax...

Wow, looks gorgeous as does the little mini hiding in the garage!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Brilliant Black Black edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Thanks. She's a little camera shy though

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Now that's observation skills!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RB84 View Post
    Latest info on my 2.0 TDi 170 BE order;

Manchester Audi have now confirmed it has been 'ordered' and is in the system. It will be a MY11 car with the new spec including start/stop, new alloys etc.

Actual build date still not confirmed but I have been told that this will be confirmed by the end of this week or beginning of next (I have heard this before but hoping it's coming together now... maybe more blind faith).

I have been told that the MY10 alloys will not be available at all and that feedback has been less than positive on this change so far. The guy I spoke to was very apologetic but didn't see what else they could do to build my BE with the old alloys as they have been 'discontinued'. I'm a little pee'd off that the alloys were one part of the car that I loved and they will be changed and in my eyes don't look as good, but that is just the way it goes. As a company car the start/stop will mean the tax reduces slights which is one positive.

Not much else to report at the moment and if anybody has any luck in getting a MY11 spec'd with MY10 alloys I would be happy to hear from you!
    That what the dealer told me when i placed my order, that i will get in build date in 10 days. Its been month and half still no date.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deano670 View Post
    Callipers done

im very happy with them
    Got anymore pic's? i want get my done when i get my car, but can't decide on red or black.

1st Gear

Status
    That what the dealer told me when i placed my order, that i will get in build date in 10 days. Its been month and half still no date.
    Well my full story is that I 'ordered' my car back in February at one Audi dealership and swapped because Manchester said they could deliver a car more quickly. Looks like they will probably even out in the end, but the contact at the dealership telling me it has gone onto their system as an order is a first for me! Lol

I also spoke to the manager at Manchester Audi and he told me the problems they have had with ordering and delivering BE A3's. He wasn't pulling a sob story at all but it sounds like Audi put out a very attractive package but were continuing to forecast production levels only slightly above 2009 data. As we can see now this has caused plenty of trouble in getting the cars built and delivered in anything less than 2 months. The MY11 update has seemingly caused yet more delay.

Too Much Hype

Status
    Got anymore pic's? i want get my done when i get my car, but can't decide on red or black.
    i will get some high-res pics done.

Too Much Hype

Status
    i will get some high-res pics done.

2nd Gear

Status
    All as previously posted but now with the pictures.

sorry had to spread the post as too many pictures.

Too Much Hype

Status
    none of the bloody pictures work

1st Gear

Status
    Same thing happen to me some how pic's won't load.

Reverse Gear

Status
    This website is knackered... when is it going to be fixed???

Beer God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrown View Post
    This website is knackered... when is it going to be fixed???
    Nothing wrong with this website, I think he's trying to link from photos in his web based email account inbox....

Try hosting them at Flickr or Photobucket then linking from those websites in your post.
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh bugger!

Not great at this sorry, how about this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16542453@N03/4626912493/

Just ignore my bird pictures i was trying to be arty!
    Last edited by Richy_C; 21st May 2010 at 19:48.

Beer God

Status
    Nice GTI...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

2nd Gear

Status
    Well someone is selling a set of the new wheels on ebay at the moment so there out there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-AUDI-TTR-BL...#ht_1473wt_917

Growing on me more and more.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    Well someone is selling a set of the new wheels on ebay at the moment so there out there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-AUDI-TTR-BL...#ht_1473wt_917

Growing on me more and more.
    Is that exactly like they will be? The black/ titanium face and silver outer rims? If so I think they could look pretty cool.

2nd Gear

Status
    I think so, think its not as bright as that but if you check the previous page its pretty apparent there slightly different on the rim. this is all speculation though till someone actually gets one.

1st Gear

Status
    The New A3 (MY11) E-Brochure now available.

Link: http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...ides/a3-s3.pdf

1st Gear

Status
    The New A3 (MY11) E-Brochure now available.

Link: http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...ides/a3-s3.pdf
    Thanks for the link Diamond! So it looks like the S3 BE has the same alloys as the A3 BE now... So in Audi's mind the new alloys should be a step up for us A3 BE customers? Interesting.

Still want to see a full picture of an A3 BE with those alloys to understand what it will look like though.