Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 2973
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat6 View Post
    Thanks, yes it's suprised me actually just how much I actually do like it. Good job actually as I've got it for four years and never managed to keep any car that long!

Despite all the talk on here about "rock hard" suspension I have to say although it's on the firm side it and is a bit fidgety over broken tarmac it's certainly not hard enough to "shake your fillings out". Depends what you're used to I suppose, but then other manufacturers do seem to be able to offer great handling and a relatively supple ride, so maybe Audi still can improve in this area..?

The engine's light years ahead of the older PDI units too in terms of refinement, noise, power delivery etc (which is the reason I dismissed the A3 when I was choosing a company car last time round). Overall I think it's a pretty good package, and was a no brainer really as a co car when you take emissions (tax) into account. The only down side has been wrong trim, wrong boot liner and wrong head unit (I went for Symphony but got Concert) so I just hope it's not a "Friday" car..
    Glad you like it! Gives me some confidence once I get my hands on mine sometime in July...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just to let everyone know that BE is now available again on the Audi site

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had our 1.8 for 8 weeks now, and to my surprise, the good lady absolutely loves it. We have never spent anything like as much on a car before, having had Merivas, Corsas and Micras before. Theonly trouble is she uses it for work and I hardly get a look in. I'll have to order another one for myself!

2nd Gear

Status
    was wondering if anyone knows if there is a limited amount of black editions or can you buy them between set times just wondered how exclusive my new car is ?

Neutral

Status

How exclusive is the Black Edition?

It was originally a limited offer up to end Jun 09, then extended to end Sep 09 and now there isnt any time limit that I can see on the website. I have had mine for 8 months (ordered last May arrived Oct) and have maybe seen one other black edition on the roads since then. Another measure is check out how many audi-sport Black Edition members that regularly use this site. If yours in an S3 Black Edition then that's even better!
    A3 Sportback Black Edition

Ibis White 1.8TFSi Stronic Open sky system, RNS-E, iPod,Parking sensors, light & storage packs.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanama View Post
    It was originally a limited offer up to end Jun 09, then extended to end Sep 09 and now there isnt any time limit that I can see on the website. I have had mine for 8 months (ordered last May arrived Oct) and have maybe seen one other black edition on the roads since then. Another measure is check out how many audi-sport Black Edition members that regularly use this site. If yours in an S3 Black Edition then that's even better!
    ...actually website does say the Black Edition offer is valid up until Sep 10 but they've done that before!

Neutral

Status
    Had my 2L TFSI for a few weeks now and really starting to enjoy it

Few niggles tho... the electric mirror dont always do what they're told, when my iPhone is connected to the Aux there's interference (not sure how much Audi can do about that)

Most worrying is a slight 'knocking' noise when I disengage the clutch when shifting from first to second gear. When I lift my foot off the clutch, there's a metallic 'bonk' noise pretty much every time. It's becoming a bit irritating - it's no loud but you know it's there

May wait a week or so for more faults before taking it in!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have had my TDI 140 black edition sportback for a week now. I too have just started to notice a bonk noise when you change gear. My brother in law is an audi mehanic so he is going to take it for a spin tonight to see what he thinks it might be. Really hope its nothing, dont want to have to take it in so soon after getting it.

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    Yip mine does it as well. I'm sure the previous ill S3 did it and my pre-facelift A3 too. I've just put up with it, but always notice it as well. If it is a problem, then I'll gladly run it into Audi. Look forward to feedback on this.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Symac View Post
    I have had my TDI 140 black edition sportback for a week now. I too have just started to notice a bonk noise when you change gear. My brother in law is an audi mehanic so he is going to take it for a spin tonight to see what he thinks it might be. Really hope its nothing, dont want to have to take it in so soon after getting it.
    Hey - what was the diagnosis?

Reverse Gear

Status
    He can hear the bonk noise too, so its not just in our heads. He is not sure what it is, not sure if it is clutch related or gearbox possibly. He is going to have a chat with the master tech at the garage tomorrow to find out if this is a know problem etc. He is going to get back to me when he knows more.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've posted this pic in another thread but as people might end up looking here for the changes to the BE for the upcoming facelift thought I'd post it again.

According to my dealer these will be fitted to the facelift. He got the pic from Audi who sent out a pdf with photos attached which detailed all of the changes to the updated cars. He only sent me the one pic so I was wondering if anyone had any other pics of these wheels as I'm pretty sure I've seen them on some other cars in the past if I'm not mistaken.

Neutral

Status
    Yeah these come as an option on the TT - although they are 19" I think!

Brilliant Black Black edition

Status
    Also posted in another thread, but I'm guessing the new wheels will look something like this?

There also appears to be an option on the German site for RS6 (current) style wheels for the S-line spec cars (in 18 inch)..

Quattro Drive

Status
    Reading this and seeing the pictures, I'm glad I got mine when I did! Can't see any real improvement, I don't like those wheels as much as the RS4's (and don't like the RS6's that much either), and all that for more money...

Do I sound like a moan yet?
    Ibis White 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro Black Edition

LOOKING FOR - Black facelift wingmirrors
    FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

Reverse Gear

Status
    From what I read on the other thread about the facelift the wheels will be titanium coloured and 18". Should look pretty good, I hope.

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    They're the TT-RS wheel no? Better in 19" on the TT IMO, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh. That new RS6 wheel is horrid, only looks good in a much darker colour and on an Imola yellow RS4 as in the Rimz thread sticky.

Now that's a moan.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

2nd Gear

Status
    Hey guys, new to the site as car on order but noticed your post.

I am thinking of getting my mirrors to black also but i think the best and cheep option is to get them vinyl wrapped.

There is a company near me in Burton that can do it and it has something like a 5 year cover on it. www.carbonskin.co.uk

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan! View Post
    Do I sound like a moan yet?
    lol

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh wow there is going to be another face lift!?! do we know what the cut off would be at all? mine has not got a factory slot yet so wonder if it will fall into that time zone.... hope not i like the BE wheels as they are.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    Oh wow there is going to be another face lift!?! do we know what the cut off would be at all? mine has not got a factory slot yet so wonder if it will fall into that time zone.... hope not i like the BE wheels as they are.
    Yes, if your order as not got a factory slot yet, it will almost defo be the new model with new wheels.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

2nd Gear

Status
    Aw nuts! to be fair thats not what i ordered though. will keep my powder dry till we get some better info though i guess. as Rico said they may yet be 19" and look better in the titanium.

Will call the dealer though tomorrow and be nosey.

Ta,

Reverse Gear

Status
    Depends on when you ordered your car. If you haven't had a build slot and you're not expecting your car within the next 2 months max then I would imagine you are going to get a facelift car as they start building them anytime now.

Brilliant Black Black edition

Status
    Aw nuts! to be fair thats not what i ordered though. will keep my powder dry till we get some better info though i guess. as Rico said they may yet be 19" and look better in the titanium.

Will call the dealer though tomorrow and be nosey.

Ta,
    The German site describes the wheels above as "5 arm rotor design, Titanoptik" (titanium finish) - and they're 18"

1st Gear

Status
    At least they are going be more easy to clean.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    They're the TT-RS wheel no? Better in 19" on the TT IMO, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh. That new RS6 wheel is horrid, only looks good in a much darker colour and on an Imola yellow RS4 as in the Rimz thread sticky.

Now that's a moan.
    Spot on Rico, they're TT-RS style wheels. I've found a bigger pic of them in the titanium colour on the audi site. look pretty good, although that is as 19".

What are the chances of Audi producing the same wheel design in 2 different sizes? Wouldn't it make more sense to use up existing stock of the 19"s? (Well... here's to vain hope anyway!)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat6 View Post
    The German site describes the wheels above as "5 arm rotor design, Titanoptik" (titanium finish) - and they're 18"
    Hmm just looked at the german site (good job its pretty easy to understand) would need to see them in the metal i think still.

I have just given back my Golf Edition 30 and the BBS rims on that were a right pain to clean so comment noted but i'm a sucker for spokes.

Think i have as a banker though is i specifically asked the dealer if there was a face lift coming when i signed up and he said no! They must have known by then..

Well no point speculating will call and let you know what they say tomorrow.

Neutral

Status
    I ordered mine on April 30th - on this date I was told that it WILL be a MY11 as all build slots had been filled fro MY10! I also ordered Aluminum Inlays which the brochure and website at the time told me were available - guess what - Audi have moved the goal posts on that as well! But apparently they can change the spec at any time without notification! From what I've been told though, it is simply the wheels, the removal of alu inlays, and the addition of some piano black bits to the interior, i.e. air vents and RNS-E screen bezel that has changed on the BE! Fingers crossed when it turns up in October it still resembles an A3 - after all like I said! Spec subject to change Without notice! Never know it may look a bit more like an R8 by then! :-) lol

1st Gear

Status
    I will be going down my dealers to find out more about this tomorrow as well. Will report back.

Reverse Gear

Status
    18"s it is then.

I'm hoping the air vent changes aren't going to mean the alloy bezels are going to be black plastic because that really will look cheap and nasty and I will be pissed.

Just looked at the photos Audi released with the facelift details a few weeks ago and it shows that air vents with alloy bezels so I'm feeling a little more relaxed. Not sure what the black air vent bits they are referring to are, any ideas?
    Last edited by drbigbiker; 12th May 2010 at 23:53.

1st Gear

Status
    Hmmm, interested in this facelift as I am still waiting on confirmation of a build slot date but had my car order with Audi since February along with a big delay from Slough Audi. Now the order is with Manchester Audi and have asked them to confirm build date. I won't make final judgement without seeing full pictures of the changes, but initially I'm not as excited about the new alloy design.

Too Much Hype

Status
    I have my BE booked in at Audi tomorrow - getting the callipers done in Brilliant Red.

Pics to come...

1st Gear

Status
    You mean painting them?

Too Much Hype

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    You mean painting them?
    yep.

1st Gear

Status
    How much are they charging you for that? if you don't mind me asking.

Too Much Hype

Status
    60 + vat for them all. Im happy with the price tbh

I was charged 20 per calliper 4 years ago for my Golf.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers, i was thinking of getting my done as well when i get my car. But will be doing them myself, as i have done my last 3 cars as it quite easy to do. I think red will look great with Ibis White.

Too Much Hype

Status
    Ye red will stand out nicely.

I know that its a fairly easy job but I would rather hand the hassle over to Audi. I would probably trip and smear the paint brush down the door lol.

I have played with the idea of getting the S Line decals put on the front callipers. What you think?

1st Gear

Status
    I was thinking something like that. I think its will look quite smart, but got you make sure the decals are heat resistant.

Too Much Hype

Status
    these are the ones that im thinking:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...T#ht_859wt_939