EM TuningChris Nott
Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223242526272829303373 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black Edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    Where did you see this? I am looking to order one in silver (170 Quattro Sportback).

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    PIcked up my BE yesterday

Love it!

However, the forgot to install brushed aluminium inlays and also didnt do the Autoglym ./ scotchguarding - bloody idiots

Reverse Gear

Status
    I vote this the sweetest looking 3 door stock A3 BE in the UK, the colour is top draw, why can't Audi do some better colours like this as standard (Aruba blue always looks dirty). Just about to order a BE my self but settling for Ice Silver which is new on the options list for BE but think it looks cool but would look even better in this special order Sepang Blue. Spotted this car myself for sale and nearly brought it.

Neutral

Status
    I know this has been asked before, so apologies for repeating.... I've got a 1.8L TFSI and I was told to keep the revs below 3000 during the breaking in period... but what is the period? How many miles? Cheers

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by machomanrandysavage View Post
    I know this has been asked before, so apologies for repeating.... I've got a 1.8L TFSI and I was told to keep the revs below 3000 during the breaking in period... but what is the period? How many miles? Cheers
    Depends who you ask as to what you will be told for this. My understanding is, which is by no means correct, that you should just gun it from the start, as you would drive it normally. It will loosen everything up and won't do any harm to the engine.
    2010 MY11 2.0 TDi (140) Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    WOW Thanks for kind words!!

Did u see it in Harrogate?
    Audi A3 S Line Black Edition 2.0 TDi 140 : Sepang Blue : Full Leather : Phone Prep

Reverse Gear

Status
    Think so, spent so long looking on the Audi Used web site I think I know every car in detail now. Going for new now as thats a cheaper option for me, think I will give the special paint a mis though as a bit pricy. Can not decide on another 3 door or a sportback which my wife prefers.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just had phone call to tell me that my Suzuka Grey S3 BE SP has arrived over the weekend at Glasgow Audi. Told that it should be ready mid morning on Wednesday... very excited.
    Just hoping now that this volcano keeps erupting as I am due to leave the country for work as soon as the airports open up ............ so please, please keep the airports closed until Thursday !! ( I know there will be quite a few with the opposite opinion mind you )
    Porsche 996TT
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, 170bhp S-Tronic
    S3 SB BE, Suzuka Grey -Sold

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Petoz View Post
    Depends who you ask as to what you will be told for this. My understanding is, which is by no means correct, that you should just gun it from the start, as you would drive it normally. It will loosen everything up and won't do any harm to the engine.
    cheers

the dealer just clarified that the running in period is... not keeping the revs sustained above 3000, and this has to go on for the first 1500 miles
    Not a major issue but still....

Also found out that the electric folding windows dont automatically fold in when you lock the car but apparently "will in the 2011 version of the A3".... bit crap really.

Reverse Gear

Status
    If you saw the cars being tested after they come off the production line you would not worry. I would say just don't red line it for first 600 miles and vary the gears, revs, speed as much as possible without gunning it. Bet the Demo cars do not get run in gently and I bet many of you have an exdemo that runs sweet as. Cars these days are made so well its not much of an issues anymore, just a safe guard.

Neutral

Status
    What a palaver!

So, not only have they forgotten to Autoglym the car and taken the A3 logo off the back, they put black trim inside instead of aluminum. Not the dealer's fault as he was on holiday when the car arrived, but pretty shoddy - should have spotted this before I turned up to collect the car on Saturday

Aaaaaaanyway, the Audi dealer called me last night to say that the car they'd planned on taking the aluminium trim from, was locked and they couldnt get back in the car! Apparently one of the salesman parked it, locked it, lost the keys and now have to order a new set! . They've had to order a tow truck to lift it out of the way of other cars. Ridiculous situation

The car's gone in to have the autoglym done (a 1 day job) but it will need to go back to do the trim.

I want to maintain a good relationship with the dealer, and he is sorting it, but should they be providing some kind of recompense??

2nd Gear

Status
    Got my S3 BE today. Pics posted on Picture sticky if you want to have a look.
    Porsche 996TT

Neutral

Status
    Has anyone else noticed that BE models can no longer be configured on the audi website?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Petoz View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that BE models can no longer be configured on the audi website?

not sure they ever could be tbh

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by machomanrandysavage View Post
    not sure they ever could be tbh
    They could until either yesterday or the day before. I have configured many a BE while trying to figure out what to order.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yep, it's gone alright.

Looks like I'm back to a Skoda Octavia vRS

Quattro Drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Moley RUFC View Post
    Yep, it's gone alright.

Looks like I'm back to a Skoda Octavia vRS
    Deeply confused by this... Have I just missed posor something?! lol.
    Ibis White 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro Black Edition

LOOKING FOR - Black facelift wingmirrors
    FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

1st Gear

Status
    But its said here "Valid for new vehicle orders placed up to and including 30th September 2010" sure they can't have run out already??

http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a3/a3...nd-offers.html
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

2nd Gear

Status
    Here's a few more pics of my S3 BE SB ( other pics on Picture sticky ), that I collected yesterday. Sorry about the quality, but again iphone pics, so not brilliant. Car is not as clean as I normally like it, so weather permitting will get clayed and waxed tomorrow.

First with the original wheels:

Now after fitting my BBS CK's:

Close up of the CK's:

Porsche 996TT

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    Tidy as f Will. Bet it was worth the wait eh? The CK's are mint, absolutely love mine. What tyres you running? Looks like GY F1 asym's, but what size, 215, 225, 235? I've removed my H&R's as the ride wasn't great and they were clunking badly. Now the 215's make the gap in the front arch look huge, so changing I think. GY's deinately, but not sure to go with 225's or 235's.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

Status
    Just zoomed in, 225's right? You lowered it?
    2008 Ibis White S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    Just zoomed in, 225's right? You lowered it?
    Yes Rico 225's GY F1's mate and I am running standard suspension, which I am quite happy with to be honest. She sits a wee bit higher on the front but looks just spot on the back so I reckon i will be sticking with stock. Will post some better pic once I get new camera up and running.
    I am well pleased with the car at the moment.
    Porsche 996TT

Status
    Nice mate. Looks well smart, Suzuka is crackin'. If I get another new Audi at any time, I'll put money aside for Suzuka (or maybe Sepang Blue) without a doubt. A side on pic would be great if you've got one.
    2008 Ibis White S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    Nice mate. Looks well smart, Suzuka is crackin'. If I get another new Audi at any time, I'll put money aside for Suzuka (or maybe Sepang Blue) without a doubt. A side on pic would be great if you've got one.
    Here you go Rico, a few more shots for you. Used new camera this time but my photo skills definately need to improve !!

Porsche 996TT

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Looks mint Will. Looks grey in low light and white in brighter conditions. Would love to see in flesh, but looks great.
    10 Plate / 2010 Ibis S3 - Buckets, Bose, Black Optics Grill, GSM Prep + IPhone4 cradle, Light & Rain Sensors, Interior Light Pack, PDC+,19" BBS CH Black Edition Alloys, GIAC Stg1, VWR Panel Filter, VWR custom front springs, VW Uprated Rear ARB. Mich PSS Tyres

To do: 2010 Rns-e, Haldex Performance Controller.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo286 View Post
    how much are you guys getting of list , ive just cracked a deal for a 170 be , and got 14% off list and he is giving me strong money for my s3 , cheers alan
    Which dealer was this please?

Status
    Love it man! The black roof rails are great.

Don't think I've posted any of my BE in this thread so here goes.

About 30 minutes after pick up:

With the new shoes on:

In the park with Japper

Think I'm heading towards a greater "sleeper Black Edition" look and I'm going to swap the alu mirror covers for Black ones. We'll see.
    2008 Ibis White S3

Neutral

Status
    Lovely Colour! Wheels look sweet
    Audi A3 S Line Black Edition 2.0 TDi 140 : Sepang Blue : Full Leather : Phone Prep

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all,

I too noticed the BE disappeared from the Car Configurator section on the Audi website. I've been considering a BE as a Company Car so have been regularly between the Lease Company website and the Audi one! I'm half-thinking that it may have been removed due to some option updates (on the lease website, the Paint options have been reduced and there are a couple of options that weren't there before). The other change on the BE specific page is the dates - it was available on all orders up until end of August 2010 however that has now changed to the end of September 2010.

Anyhow, I went to two Audi dealers today to take a closer look - unfortunately the Northampton one didn't have any (but they did have the new R8 Spyder!)....hunted a demonstrator BE down at the Bedford branch so went over to have a look, very impressed with what I saw! I chatted with the dealer who confirmed that the BE was still available to order.

I'll be chatting with the better half tonight and will no doubt be placing my order tomorrow!

I think I'm going for:

Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 BE
    Ibis White
    Alcantara Upholstery
    Heated Seats
    Comfort Pack
    Folding Wing Mirrors
    Bluetooth
    Interior Light Pack
    Non-Smokers Pack

Can't wait!
    Last edited by sdb123; 23rd April 2010 at 10:53.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Good info there sdb. I did mean to get into Stoke Audi yesterday to check on whether the BE has been deleted. Let's hope they add a few other colours

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
    Hi all,

I too noticed the BE disappeared from the Car Configurator section on the Audi website. I've been considering a BE as a Company Car so have been regularly between the Lease Company website and the Audi one! I'm half-thinking that it may have been removed due to some option updates (on the lease website, the Paint options have been reduced and there are a couple of options that weren't there before). The other change on the BE specific page is the dates - it was available on all orders up until end of August 2010 however that has now changed to the end of September 2010.

Anyhow, I went to two Audi dealers today to take a closer look - unfortunately the Northampton one didn't have any (but they did have the new R8 Spyder!)....hunted a demonstrator BE down at the Bedford branch so went over to have a look, very impressed with what I saw! I chatted with the dealer who confirmed that the BE was still available to order.

I'll be chatting with the better half tonight and will no doubt be placing my order tomorrow!

I think I'm going for:

Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 BE
    Ibis White
    Alcantara Upholstery
    Heated Seats
    Comfort Pack
    Folding Wing Mirrors
    Bluetooth
    Interior Light Pack
    Non-Smokers Pack

Can't wait!
    Good choice. That's what we went for. Ours is a company car too, and the s/s 140 engine is perfect as it only puts out 115 Co2. It's also very nippy - I drive a 3 litre diesel BMW 5, but the A3 doesn't feel really slow in comparison. Overall it is a nicer drive IMO.

I drove to work in the A3 today, 17 miles, half A road, half M6. Kept to about 65mph on M6, averaged 65 mpg for that journey!!

So pleased we went for white too - it looks terrific. I was driving my car in front of it the other day whilst the wife was in the A3, I couldn't stop looking in my rear view mirror at the stunning car behind! The white together with the big black grille and the DRL's looks amazing, which is probably why we get so many people looking at it whilst out and about. It looks so imposing on the road. I'm sure you'll be well pleased.
    Good luck with the ordering.

Neutral

Status
    Hey folks!

Just a very quick question if someone has time on this fine Saturday afternoon to just run out to thier black edition preferably 2.0tfsi 2wd and just tell me on the front bumper at the fog lights, are the the grills blanked off? ie plastic there on both sides?

cheers,

kempus

Neutral

Status
    Bump! Anyone??

Quattro Drive

Status
    Just checked mine and they are completely blanked off. Essentially there is just a hole for the light. I know it's a different model from you but I'm happy going out on a limb and saying the front bodywork will be the same.

Hope that helps!

FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

Neutral

Status
    Hey thanks! That's what I thought and that I'm going mad as mine is now no longer blanked off on the passanger side!!!!!????????
    Last edited by kempus; 25th April 2010 at 15:16. Reason: Can't spell

Quattro Drive

Status
    You know what's funny? I only checked the driver's side, so it could still turn out that my passenger side doesn't have the plastic on it! lol. I'll have a look when I leave work in 10 mins and let you know....

Quattro Drive

Status
    Alright, my passenger side is blanked off as well. I presumed it would be, but you never know with these things!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for that! well i've got no idea what happened to mine! Could've swore it was there last time I washed my car then when I washed it on Sat it was open??!! Hell I'm confused! Think a trip to the dealer will result in anything? I had it in the body shop in March but would've noticed it before as washed it plenty of times since!

Neutral

Status
    Took my new BE 2L TFSI for a run to the coast today - lovely ride, smooth and had the power when I needed it. Very happy

Only blot was when I got back home and noticed a slight graze on my alloys - must have got a bit overzealous with my parallel parking on a narrow road. REALLY p*ssed off about it. Only 1 week in aswell

Anyone suggest what I could do to get it fixed? Not had a decent set of alloys to look after before!

6th Gear

Status
    Unfortunately the BE wheels are a ***** to touch up. You cant get the colour code from Audi and the finish has a sort of matt look to it so finding grey matt paint to match is a mare!

good luck!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh