Black Edition

Just been advised by the lease company that it's going to be the end of May before delivery!!!!

Three and a half months surely can't be right?

My estimated date of delivery is 25th May 2010 btw. So 3 month lead time is currently standard.

I was toying with 2.0 Petrol but emmisions are too high, had the 211hp petrol been available I would have gone that route as you can never have too many horses under the bonnet but they aren't planning to add it.

So it was another Sportback 170 Diesel but this one is BE, the clincher was emmisions and the new tax breaks coming soon with a max 160g, ****** taxman spoils it every time :banghead:

I've opted for alloy inlay swap, interior light pack, electric lumbar, phantom black, comfort pack, heated seats and bluetooth prep.

Told today that mine is still in Grimbsby. Apparantly the windscreen had a chip and needed replacing. Guess it must have happened on the transporter - shouldn't have left the factory like that, should it?

Hi Guys

I'm new to the thread and forum.

I'm considering an A3 2.0 tdi S Line, Sports back, Black Edition '140 or 170' - a bit of a mouth full. Is there are big difference between the 140 & 170?

We had a trip to our local dealer the other week 'Harrogate' and were disgraced by the service that we were given '*****, arrogant and rude sales staff'. We havnt let this put us off and we shall be popping down to Leeds to see what deals they have.

Im just specs a car on drivethedeal.com 'same as above' and it came in at £ 22,048.90 a saving of £2717. I think I would take a pcp deal 'i get a monthly car allowance from work'. - have many of you taken a pcp deal from Audi? I would also part ex my Mini 'around 4k'. Over 42 months / 15k per year - this would give me monthly payments of £310 'in budget'. If I take this info to Audi would they potentially l match and possible even beat the deal?

Cheers

* More questions to come soon :)

Last edited:
As I understand it, the Symphony stereo is a Concert, but with an internal 6xcd changer. However, I believe (and don't quote me) that it doesn't read mp3 discs (no track or album names)

Both Concert and Symphony can read MP3 CDs and display ID3 info. The Concert is a single CD player whereas the Symphony, which is a cost option, has an internal 6 CD changer.

Hi Guys

I'm new to the thread and forum.

I'm considering an A3 2.0 tdi S Line, Sports back, Black Edition '140 or 170' - a bit of a mouth full. Is there are big difference between the 140 & 170?

We had a trip to our local dealer the other week 'Harrogate' and were disgraced by the service that we were given '*****, arrogant and rude sales staff'. We havnt let this put us off and we shall be popping down to Leeds to see what deals they have.

Im just specs a car on drivethedeal.com 'same as above' and it came in at £ 22,048.90 a saving of £2717. I think I would take a pcp deal 'i get a monthly car allowance from work'. - have many of you taken a pcp deal from Audi? I would also part ex my Mini 'around 4k'. Over 42 months / 15k per year - this would give me monthly payments of £310 'in budget'. If I take this info to Audi would they potentially l match and possible even beat the deal?

Cheers

* More questions to come soon :)

Give York ago... I find they are all together a much better dealership than both Leeds and Harrogate

Dean,

As Klauster said give York a go. Call Ian Bell on 01904 690505, I worked there in sales and their PCP's can be really good, be up front and tell them what you're looking for and just see if they will match. Mention to Ian Ant has put you onto him and he should look after you, if he doesn't I'll kick the living crap out of him when I see him on Saturday.

Let me know how you get on:ninja:

Nooooooooo.... Dont go the 140 vs 170 route, it starts all sorts of troubles on here.
Just test drive both engines and get them both on an open road... I chose the 170 for my reasons, others chose the 140 for theirs... The 170 is a very good engine, the 140 owners rave about theres too.

Both Concert and Symphony can read MP3 CDs and display ID3 info. The Concert is a single CD player whereas the Symphony, which is a cost option, has an internal 6 CD changer.

Thanks for confirming that. Have gone for the Symphony and iPod link for a little upgrade.

Dean,

As Klauster said give York a go. Call Ian Bell on 01904 690505, I worked there in sales and their PCP's can be really good, be up front and tell them what you're looking for and just see if they will match. Mention to Ian Ant has put you onto him and he should look after you, if he doesn't I'll kick the living crap out of him when I see him on Saturday.

Let me know how you get on:ninja:

Cheers pal. I will probably pop in this weekend.

Some more questions:

I saw a black edition s3 sports back the other day 'i fell in love'. What bodywork differences are there between that and an 'a3 sline, sports back black edition' - side skirts obviously.

Does he comfort pack come with key-less entry?

Am i right in saying that the 140 and 170 get the same mpg?

Is the iPod interface worth the money or is it pants?

The Ipod interface is pants. Got it in mine,used it once and have never used it since. It's like something from the 1980s!

The Ipod interface is pants. Got it in mine,used it once and have never used it since. It's like something from the 1980s!

It's the one thing about my car that disappoints me. A thorough waste of time. Can't wait to get the Alpine adaptor fitted in a couple of weeks.

Chris

Hi Chris

I agree. IPod port it a big disappointment. However i am interested in the Alpine adaptor you mentioned. Is this going to enable the head unit to controle the ipod? can you also use the same docking station? At the moment im using the AUX but it get clunky and on long trips it runs out of batt

Thanks, Greg

The Bose Sound System really is amazing! Even at the highiest volume it is still clear with no vibrations. it is a very nice touch getting that thrown in with the BE. it was one of the reasons i went for it!

Dean, as far as I know the bodywork is the same, but there'll be someone on here with a keen eye and will confirm no doubt. As for the 140 vs 170 debate, I ran both during my time working for Audi, both are really good, I personally feel that the 140 is smoother delivery whilst the 170 is a bit more jerky, if you adjust your driving style a little it will still drive nice and smooth, it's also really nippy, 140's no slouch but the 170 is a real surprise (anyone with an S3 obviously not 265bhp nippy). Think the mpg is very similar, as always though, depends on how you drive it.

Good luck mate.

The grill look to be different on the S3. -

Chrome mirrors and chrome fog light so-rounds 'all of which i would add'.

I find it odd that they have not offered the '20 spoke' alloys in the same finish.

Hi Chris

I agree. IPod port it a big disappointment. However i am interested in the Alpine adaptor you mentioned. Is this going to enable the head unit to controle the ipod? can you also use the same docking station? At the moment im using the AUX but it get clunky and on long trips it runs out of batt

Thanks, Greg

It's being paired with the RNS-E sat nav head unit that I got off ebay, Greg. More info here: http://www.vwcruise.com/38.html

As I listen to a lot of music off my ipod, I really can't wait for it.

Chris

Sorry to join you BE boys with my non black edition!.....but my boss has just had the Alpine fitted to the RNSe in his A4.

To be honest, he says he wishes he hadnt bothered with the Audi rubbish as the Alpine one is in a different league. It even shows album covers on the RNS screen. Awesome! If I had an RNSe, I'd definately get one

Sorry to join you BE boys with my non black edition!.....but my boss has just had the Alpine fitted to the RNSe in his A4.

To be honest, he says he wishes he hadnt bothered with the Audi rubbish as the Alpine one is in a different league. It even shows album covers on the RNS screen. Awesome! If I had an RNSe, I'd definately get one

That's exactly what I like to hear Lee! It's quite a lot of cash but for me it's gonna make a huge difference.

cheeky question:

How much on average did you guys get off your black edition rrp? ive heard that 10% is quite common? did they throw in any other deals/packages?

when i was in audi the other week i heard a guy getting 10% off plus a comfort pack. the sales guy 'i use the term very loosely' that I had gave me 6% off and nothing else.

Hi All

Just found the site lots of excellent info :) picking up a BE 140 sportback on monday in ibis white :) ordered end of last Sept :( good note i got 11% discount on the deal and dealer agreed to hold vat at 15% due to delay in delivery as was due arrive before xmas. 1 thing i've learnt about Audi is any delivery dates they give either move or are well optimistic lol

jay

Hi All

Just found the site lots of excellent info :) picking up a BE 140 sportback on monday in ibis white :) ordered end of last Sept :( good note i got 11% discount on the deal and dealer agreed to hold vat at 15% due to delay in delivery as was due arrive before xmas. 1 thing i've learnt about Audi is any delivery dates they give either move or are well optimistic lol

jay

Good work pal! did they throw in any additional options for you?

Only had bluetooth added :) Car is being used to train new pupils etc so thought it already had enough kit on lol

It's being paired with the RNS-E sat nav head unit that I got off ebay, Greg. More info here: http://www.vwcruise.com/38.html

As I listen to a lot of music off my ipod, I really can't wait for it.

Chris

Slight problem, I do not have a RNS head unit so not going to be an option.

However thank you very much for the link. As i had to get my car quick i picked it from stock and had to do with out cruise controle, however these guys say they fit them and at a good price. (quoted over £400 through Audi)

Just wondering if anyone has used vwcruise for fitting in the past and if they are as good as they sound?

Greg

Slight problem, I do not have a RNS head unit so not going to be an option.

However thank you very much for the link. As i had to get my car quick i picked it from stock and had to do with out cruise controle, however these guys say they fit them and at a good price. (quoted over £400 through Audi)

Just wondering if anyone has used vwcruise for fitting in the past and if they are as good as they sound?

Greg

Had them fit cruise to my '06 A3 at the weekend, very quick and professional job and they're happy to chat through stuff before and afterwards.

And they don't just work on lowly A3 models, there were working on an R8 in the morning and then kitted out a Tourag with stuff before coming to do mine

Has anyone got a 2010 140 tdi black edition with the single exhaust 'lower emissions'.

If so, what is the average mpg that you are getting?

I pick mine up next week!

836028fd.jpg

1 i test drove had twin exhaust , but ill post pictures tomorrow when i pick up new 1 :)

Well after placing order back in Sept last year after the dealer couldn't organize a party for a bunch of chimps, its finally arrived in feb this year and i picked up this morning at 8.30 :) few good and 1 bad point. Good is Has start stop and £35 a year road tax which wasn't available when ordering , but in the process have lost the twin exhaust for a single pipe outlet. so with money saved on tax and fuel over the next year will just go out and buy a twin setup :) only a minor thing but well happy its now arrived (sorry pics taken with phone)

Jay

Looks great! Wish I could have ordered white :(

Why did it take so long for delivery? Mine's due the end of May, you've just got me a bit concerned now!

dealer forgot to add bluetooth and didnt notice till Dec when it was about to be built which in turn ended up moving the build date , i managed to secure price as per sept order and had bluetooth and paint protection for free

Hi Lab-monkey

Did you manage to secure VAT at 15% or did you have to pay 17.5%?

Hi all, new to this forum as I'm a BMW driver - sorry!

But..... my wife has just ordered a BE Sportback 2.0Tdi 140bhp Start Stop in Ibis White, so I've been reading this thread for a while now. It is her first ever company car and because of the new lower CO2 emissions, this was one of the best deals for her on the list she was given. The other option was a 1 Series but we both thought the A3 was a lot better in most areas. She's got an estimated delivery date of the end of March - she ordered it around Xmas time. I keep trying to convince her that Ibis is going to be OK, as she's not so sure. I actually talked her into white as she wanted Black, but as someone who tries to look after a cars paintwork and gets irritated by scratches, swirl marks and stonechips, I know what a nightmare black can be. I know the Audis look fab in black, but didn't like the look of the BE at the front with the black grille surround too - all looked a bit dour IMHO. After looking at some of the pictures on here of the Ibis cars, I'm more and more convinced we've chosen the right colour. We've also gone for non-titanium colour wheels, which I know most of you don't do, but we (sorry, I!) just prefer the silver wheels with the white.

We specced up with brushed aluminium inlays too, so we'll have to wait and see if it actually turns up with these.

When we ordered the car, we originally thought the fleet company had made a mistake as they gave the 2.0TDi 140bhp engine as only 115 CO2, but they were obviously bang up to date with the new Start-Stop engines. This made it a really good "buy" for us due to the tax she has to pay. We went to our local Audi garage to check about the emissions and they insisted that they were not 115. I told them about the figures on the fleet car site but they said "no sir, the BE does not come with 140bhp and 115 CO2". We've even checked, and I keep checking, on Audi's website and these new 2.0TDi's don't seem to be mentioned very much? Seems a bit srange. They seem to be banging on about the 1.6 diesel a lot, but not the 2 litre?

We also went for the "Comfort Pack", although it didn't really state what it included, but we presumed, and hoped, it would be cruise control, rear park sensors, auto lights and wipers etc?? The interior light pack and de badging were the other options we ticked.

Sorry for such a long post, if you have read this far - the "BMW" bit at the top probably put a few people off:sly:
Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to add some stuff to this excellent forum, including some pictures of the new car when it arrives,

Phil

Sorry guys this is not meant to offend but am I the only one not feeling the black ed. With a single tipped exhaust?

I think I'd be disappointed with a single exhaust (particularly on a soot chucker) as the twin chrome pipes definitely enhance the look of my rear end!