How to steal a car in seconds...

magnus911

R8GGA
Reaction score
Website
www.it-tronics.co.uk
Came across this on reddit :)

Quite an interesting selection of videos of people using a variety of different methods to break into modern cars.

The reason I thought it might be of interest is that two of the cars are Skodas and one is a MK4 Golf.

I can't work out if these videos likely to be authentic or if there is someone standing outside the view of the camera who is remotely unlocking the cars...

http://www.popgive.com/2009/01/how-to-steal-car-in-seconds.html

How could they physicaly open the door or boot without the alarm being set off. Looks fake but just my 2cents

They are all valid methods of getting into cars, whether they are being correctly done is another question, ie they are not just showing off and someone clicking the open button!!

Really? How does that remote control on the beamer work? It looked like he was just pressing all the buttons at the same time! Aren't remote codes meant to be secure?

How does the romote control one work, its not like the BM had Infa-red sensors in the lock :think:

They will have scanned the alarm code when the owner locked it up and stored it to the remote.

Or some jamming devices are available that just fry the cars central locking system....

UK thieves usually use half a tennis ball instead of a plunger, bit more stealthy.

thats got to be bull - you cant open a door with a plunger !

Oh you certainly can with the right technique!!

The half tennis ball/plunger creates a seal around the lock and the vacuum created unlocks the car, primitive but so are so car locking systems!!

It doesnt work on my Accord Type R - the seal doesnt go flat as the handles in the way. LOL

Not going to try the a3 as i dont want to scratch it :D

But surely audi and co. must know about this....

Its true the vacuum system will do this, why do you think they changed from vacuum locking systems to electrical solenoids, the plunger creates a vacuum that when you push air into it pops the locks, it wont work on new audi cars of course but some old cars possibly

The locking system doesnt work on infrared, so either its ballshit or the remote actually used RF signals on the same frequency as the car & they have copied the code somehow, personally I think its ball on that one

Its true the vacuum system will do this, why do you think they changed from vacuum locking systems to electrical solenoids, the plunger creates a vacuum that when you push air into it pops the locks, it wont work on new audi cars of course but some old cars possibly

The locking system doesnt work on infrared, so either its ballshit or the remote actually used RF signals on the same frequency as the car & they have copied the code somehow, personally I think its ball on that one

It certainly wouldnt work on Audi/VW vacuum central locking nor any other i would think. Its kind of a myth started by people who didnt know how the system worked and assumed because they could here the pressure in the system that putting a tennis ball over the lock would create a vacumm and pop the locks. The vacuum systems uses an air solenoid connected to the locking wire(formed metal wire not electrical) that popped the door button up and down. The key hole in the door lock had nothing at all to do with the air solenoid which was sealed and not normally near the lock anyway so only the pump could vacuum or pressurise it. The reason they moved away from that system was cost, 5 electrical solenoids is alot cheaper than 5 air ones and a compressor.

Nothings impossible & it depends on the lock design tbh if these things would work & its not a myth, its been done, maybe not on audi's but certainly others.

These vids are fake for sure.

The plunger won't work as the handle will stop you getting any sort of seal in the first place. And that car looks too new to be affected anyway.

TV remotes are IR and BMW uses RF, and that's just for starters, not to mention carrier frequencies and coding.

A magnet that can overcome the solenoid strength especially going through the linkage? No chance!

And 50,000 volts on the lock will do nothing as the lock itself is connected to earth and not the positive input pins of the solenoid.

Well made vids though and good for getting people going!