EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 TDi 140 re-map at Motech

Hi all,

I thought i would share with you my experience of using Mike at Motech Performance - spot on basically!

I had read a reasonable amount on the subject by using this forum and others and was tempted by the deal Mike had availalble (250 all in reduced from 399) plus only a short'ish drive to get there.

It is now at about 180BHP and the car pulls right across the rev range whereas previously it ran out of breath at 3000rpm. It is much more responsive and picks up very nicely from about 1400rpm - it really is a pleasure to drive now.

Mike did an initial read of the car to make sure it was problem free - then emailed the current map off - had a cup of coffee - the new map was emailed back and loaded to car - job done. They did not use a rolling road with the ECO map by the way!

We took the car for a 15 minute drive with Mike explaining where and when the extra power would begin to creep in e.g. at 50% throttle and 50% load. Hence when you potter about town with a light foot you won't feel the power or use extra fuel - but floor it and you are off!!!

I have noticed that the turbo whistle starts a little earlier - maybe 1300 revs and sounds similar to an ambulance siren from a distance. It is quite faint to be honest (but i did notice it quite soon afterwards) and i guess it is just more air entering the turbo sooner in order to deliver more power.

Anyway - I hope this helps others decide to proceed with a re-map as my experience was very good.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Nice one, need my car mapped now!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    Still gotta get my Flywheel ( + Clutch) before I do the remap =( Fs it's so expensive
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    For 250 sounds brill and its the sort of map I also need. How's the MPG when ur in a rush around town and A roads ?
    A3 '04 2.0TDI 140 DSG with lots of goodies but stock

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not had much of a chance to play with it - as immediately after the map i got the flu and felt too ill to go out.

Will feedback more next weekend when i know more

Cheers

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds good mate :D

really good value at 250 !
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Take it you got a dyno printout to show ?
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bryston View Post

It is now at about 180BHP and the car pulls right across the rev range whereas previously it ran out of breath at 3000rpm. It is much more responsive and picks up very nicely from about 1400rpm - it really is a pleasure to drive now.

How did your car run out of breath at 3000rpm as that is before the engine even reaches peak power ? See HERE
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well - maybe not 3000 - but certainly by 4000rpm. In comparison it does pull much more strongly at all rpm. What I used to notice was i would change gear at say 4000rpm and the needle drop to 3000'ish - there would then be some lag (felt like 1 seconds-worth) and then the power very slowly crept in - this was frustrating and a bit lame IMO.

The new map has no lag and the power just pulls - but hey, the car is new to me (November '08) so i am just excited and very happy the map and car are both doing well

Cheers