Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport

Thread: Tuning Tips

Reverse Gear

Status

Tuning Tips

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and looking for advise if possible?

I have a 2007 S3 in standard guise so could anyone offer advise on tuning my car, i'm looking for easy, quick mods that won't cost an arm and a leg and easy to restore back to standard trim if needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    if i had an s3 i would do the following:

only 1 really for power - get it chipped, possibly with the fuel pump upgrade as well

suspension there are 2 things - thicker anti roll bars particularly the back, and morego do some longer bottom wishbones that give about -1.7 to -1.75 deg negative camber at the front, all with stardard bushes, ride, comfort etc. forget about lowering, 19" wheels, coilovers etc - all will make it harder and not necessarily improve the handling
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

Just Looking

Status
    Best bang for buck will be a remap - Don't be tempted to go cheap, there are a couple of tuners that specifically have the TFSi well covered.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Reverse Gear

Status
    VRStu, Dunk,

Who would you recommend and what Chip? what can i expect to pay and what will i gain?

I've seen it mentioned that 45 to 50 bhp increase is likely as a first stage, is this correct?

Cheers for all the advise.

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    my first remap cost around 500 and I gained 60bhp well worth giving revo a call
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

Just Looking

Status
    I too am in the same club as Andy, however other options such as APR or GIAC exist.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

5th Gear

Status
    Revo + Milltek + Forge got mine to 342bhp and 344lb/ft.
    Total cost around 1,750 and all of it is easily removable - car could be put back to standard within a day.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Revo + Milltek + Forge got mine to 342bhp and 344lb/ft.
    Total cost around 1,750 and all of it is easily removable - car could be put back to standard within a day.
    Pretty similar results here....about 1500 worth of work as I didn't get the Forge CAI,but ended up with over 310bhp and 360lbs of torque.

Another vote for Revo and AMD.