Tuning Tips

welder1027

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this site and looking for advise if possible?

I have a 2007 S3 in standard guise so could anyone offer advise on tuning my car, i'm looking for easy, quick mods that won't cost an arm and a leg and easy to restore back to standard trim if needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

if i had an s3 i would do the following:

only 1 really for power - get it chipped, possibly with the fuel pump upgrade as well

suspension there are 2 things - thicker anti roll bars particularly the back, and morego do some longer bottom wishbones that give about -1.7 to -1.75 deg negative camber at the front, all with stardard bushes, ride, comfort etc. forget about lowering, 19" wheels, coilovers etc - all will make it harder and not necessarily improve the handling

Best bang for buck will be a remap - Don't be tempted to go cheap, there are a couple of tuners that specifically have the TFSi well covered.

VRStu, Dunk,

Who would you recommend and what Chip? what can i expect to pay and what will i gain?

I've seen it mentioned that 45 to 50 bhp increase is likely as a first stage, is this correct?

Cheers for all the advise.

Revo + Milltek + Forge got mine to 342bhp and 344lb/ft.
Total cost around £1,750 and all of it is easily removable - car could be put back to standard within a day.

Revo + Milltek + Forge got mine to 342bhp and 344lb/ft.
Total cost around £1,750 and all of it is easily removable - car could be put back to standard within a day.

Pretty similar results here....about £1500 worth of work as I didn't get the Forge CAI,but ended up with over 310bhp and 360lbs of torque.

Another vote for Revo and AMD.