opinions please?

Audi manchester - I live 2 mins from there :D

But the car itself doesnt seem to bad....But deof get rid all of the unessary options as they are a rip off!

I know you didnt ask about this But what DaveyJP said about your position in the 4 years - your not going to know..

personally, Id wait till after uni and get a job and then think of buying a car.

I was in a similar position to you and was thinking of a mini cooper s on finance as i didnt plan on going uni. But however, i blitz my a-levels and got into a good uni so im glad i didnt buy as i couldnt keep my job as i needed to get my head down (to all this uni partyin lifestyle) :D

But if your certain you can make the repayments, you'll love and cherish the car for 4 years, wont get bored of it etc. then go for it!

After I've finished Uni I'm going to be getting into a full time job, now if I dont get a job in Graphic Design straight away from finishing uni then I'll carry on with my current part time job but will be doing full time hours while I look for a graphic design job-thats garanted the full time job. so if I can afford the a3 overr these 4 months while im working part time then I shouldnt have a problem affording it full time.

The only thing I dont like the sound of is the £6,334.60 final payment at the end of the 4 years, which the sales man has told that I dont have to pay I can just give them the car back and if its worth more than £6,334.60 (which it proberly will) then they'll give me the differance towards another car (as a deposit) or cash and i can walk away!? Thats the only bit I'm not sure on because I dont understand where that final payment comes from when over the 4 years I would of paid back £10,899.84 of the £12,545.00 that the car is priced at!

Thanks again!!

Right guys, just been speaking to a friend of mine and he's mentioned something in the contract i didnt know about, voulentary termination? so basicly I can get the car now and aslong as Ive paid off 50% of the car off which would be in 37.45 months and would be £8503.50 then I can ring em up and say I wnat to voulentary terminate the contract and they'll come and take the car and I can start all over again! so I wont have to pay the ridiculous 6k balloon payment!

What dya think?

I've heard of that. Sales person i deal with said its best to keep it running because i still think you have to pay the interest back or some thing on the car. So say the car worth £17k and the interest is £5K on top. So £22k and i've paid off half £8.5K i still have to pay the £5k (the interest) i might be wrong as to be honest i dont know much about monthly payments and deals etc. And if then next car i want out of my price ranage i will be getting a loan. But some one on here will probably be able to help you a bit more then i can. But to me it just dont sound right.

Ashley

Right guys, just been speaking to a friend of mine and he's mentioned something in the contract i didnt know about, voulentary termination? so basicly I can get the car now and aslong as Ive paid off 50% of the car off which would be in 37.45 months and would be £8503.50 then I can ring em up and say I wnat to voulentary terminate the contract and they'll come and take the car and I can start all over again! so I wont have to pay the ridiculous 6k balloon payment!

What dya think?

Hi,

Voluntary termination only comes into play once you have paid off half of the total amount payable in the agreement. So you would have had to have paid half of the amount you originally borrowed plus half of the interest.

Hope this helps..

I've had a phone call tonight from Crewe Audi-I think the guy was called carl and he was wondering if i fancyed a different colour other than black or lava grey? i mentioned maybe white but how I can only come across 5 doors then we got chatting about the 170 s line tht manchester has for me and I was telling him about the balloon payment etc and he suggested that if i was going to buy the car and pay £20k im total would i not just be interested in a new car at around a similar price, we talked some more and he brought up the new black edition at £23k, he said hes going to ring me in the morning with prices etc what dya think worth it instaed of the 07 reg sline? and that'd still have a balloon payment on the end wouldnt it?
bet you all had enough of me going on about this car havent u now? haha sorry!

Haha lee i dont think any one minds you 'moaning' as you say on here lol so dont worry...
Here to help really. Yes i think the new Black Edition would have a balloon payment at a end. I think every car with monthly payment and contract has a balloon payment

Ashley

Edit: i think the Black Edition would be better then the 07 s-line. See if you can get the price down a bit.

Well Mark from Manchester Audi has rang me about 5 minutes ago and I had to tell him that I'm better off leaving it for now, he tried to get me back into it and seen as ive been trying to get a lower price and he wouldn't I had to leave it.

HOWEVER!!! I have found today the exact same spec car, colour etc and it has 4,000 more miles but its only £14,495 but they've only offered me £3,000 for mine-so £11,496 for the same car! I've spoke to the finace company the garage uses and I'm just waiting for them to get back to me about monthly payments etc, what dya all think of that price?

I'll keep u guys posted seen as u dont mind helping me out, which is much appreciated by the way :icon_thumright:

Hey, just a quick update, The finance company the garage use wont accept me because I live with my parents SO I'm looking for a personal loan and want to find one asap because I wana go and get the car this weekend.

Anyone know of any good loans with a low APR or does anyone work in fianace that could help me out with what to do? Thanks

Lee

Right Guys and Girls, today I've come across a new A3, here it is followed by spec and price.....

EA56DUU.jpg

EA56DUU_2.jpg

EA56DUU_1.jpg

Audi A3 2.0 TDi DPF S LINE (170 bhp)
44000miles
56 reg
Manual, Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver/Passenger Seat Height Adjustment, Driver, Passenger And Side Air Bags,Alarm,18In 5 Arm Alloy Wheels,radio/CD,Remote Central Door Locking,Climate Control,Driver Information System,Front Electric Windows,Front/Rear Head Restraints,Power-Assisted Steering,Rear Wash Wipe,Rev Counter,Seat - ISOFIX Anchorage Point,Electronic Stability Programme,Rake/Reach Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel,Immobiliser,Front Fog Lights,Electric/Heated Door Mirrors,Body Coloured Bumpers,BOSE Sound System,Speakers,Centre Rear Seat Belt,Spacesaver Spare Wheel,Light & Rain Sensor Pack,Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror 12 months tax.

I basicly rang them just before they closed today so these are rough figures that I was given-

A3- £13,495
Part Exchange- £3,495
No Deposit
Total- £10,000

£250 a month for 48 months (so £12,000 in total)
The salesman did make it clear to me that there was room to negotiate the monthly payments and will ring me tomorrow seen as I rang them just before 6 so they were on their way home lol Also I could possibly have the car delivered to my house as its like 124 miles from me!

It hasnt got the Ipod adapter which I did want so will have to retro fit that.

What dya think? Thanks

sound like a good deal but i think you will get a better one if you hold out i got a 2.0t sline quattro ,xenons, cruise control, rnse satnav, interior light pack, bose stereo, multi fuction steering wheel,blue tooth phone connection, folding mirrors , 26000 on the clock for 14950 i was looking like a maniac for 5 weeks lol as soon as this come up i put a 500 deposit for a month before we sorted the finance out id just hold out a little longer i think you will get a better deal with better mileage they do come up..but not many you got to dive on them quick

Right Guys and Girls, today I've come across a new A3, here it is followed by spec and price.....

EA56DUU.jpg

EA56DUU_2.jpg

EA56DUU_1.jpg

44000miles
56 reg
Manual, Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver/Passenger Seat Height Adjustment, Driver, Passenger And Side Air Bags,Alarm,18In 5 Arm Alloy Wheels,radio/CD,Remote Central Door Locking,Climate Control,Driver Information System,Front Electric Windows,Front/Rear Head Restraints,Power-Assisted Steering,Rear Wash Wipe,Rev Counter,Seat - ISOFIX Anchorage Point,Electronic Stability Programme,Rake/Reach Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel,Immobiliser,Front Fog Lights,Electric/Heated Door Mirrors,Body Coloured Bumpers,BOSE Sound System,Speakers,Centre Rear Seat Belt,Spacesaver Spare Wheel,Light & Rain Sensor Pack,Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror 12 months tax.

I basicly rang them just before they closed today so these are rough figures that I was given-

A3- £13,495
Part Exchange- £3,495
No Deposit
Total- £10,000

The salesman did make it clear to me that there was room to negotiate the monthly payments and will ring me tomorrow seen as I rang them just before 6 so they were on their way home lol Also I could possibly have the car delivered to my house as its like 124 miles from me!

What dya think? Thanks

sound like a good deal but i think you will get a better one if you hold out i got a 2.0t sline quattro ,xenons, cruise control, rnse satnav, interior light pack, bose stereo, multi fuction steering wheel,blue tooth phone connection, folding mirrors , 26000 on the clock for 14950 i was looking like a maniac for 5 weeks lol as soon as this come up i put a 500 deposit for a month before we sorted the finance out id just hold out a little longer i think you will get a better deal with better mileage they do come up..but not many you got to dive on them quick

Yeah I do like the sound of all them extras, especialy the xenons and steering wheel I might hold out till 09 reg comes along then the prices will drop again wont they? Is youres the 170? Ive been looing since before christmas!!

its a 2.0t sline quattro i love it i just like petrol better than diesel i no diesels are getting good but petrol i think are more responsive and don't like the sound of diesels but in this climate i may have to end up getting a diesel due to fuel cost although my 2t isn't to bad on fuel i might just get a remap that should sort the fuel issue out

Yeah I do like the sound of all them extras, especialy the xenons and steering wheel I might hold out till 09 reg comes along then the prices will drop again wont they? Is youres the 170? Ive been looing since before christmas!!

EA56DUU.jpg

EA56DUU_2.jpg

EA56DUU_1.jpg

44000miles
56 reg

A3- £13,495
Part Exchange- £3,495
No Deposit
Total- £10,000

What dya think? Thanks

That looks nice Lee....photos aren't great of the interior though....is it full leather?

First impression is that the price is reasonable....although I haven't been keeping an eye on 2nd hand prices recently. He sounds like he wants to negotiate though....so try to bargain hard anyway and get that price down further.

As for the i-pod connector.....i wouldnt worry about it. I paid a fortune for Bose, Symphony II and the ipod connector as extras on mine but the system is poor for what you pay. The Bose speakers are ok but lack a bit of bass. Also, the ipod adaption is terrible...you cant find your song titles in the display, it only goes on tracknumber. Best to go to a trusted ICE installer and have an aftermarket system fitted that can be removed and put back to standard when you re-sell the car later.

Have you found a decent personal loan yet?