Service Reset Help via Vagcom

kaz219

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

had my car serviced but i forgot to reset the interval.

The car will need a service in 11k or 8 months (i do mine every year no matter the mileage)

I found out how to do it:

1998 and Newer:
[Select]

[17 - Instruments]

[Adaptation - 10]

Enter channel 02

[Read]

The "Stored Value" is the current value for that channel.

Enter the "New" value of 0 (zero)

[Test]

[Save]
Note: It is normal for the display to show something like "--/--" instead of an actual distance/time to service after resetting until you have driven some distance.

Is it possible to get it to go to the time/distace above (as i could on my golf) or is the A3 fixed intervals only.

Thanks guys :D

i found this

Pre-1998 models ... or if Channel 02 is not available:
[Select]
[17 - Instruments]

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter the correct channel from the list below in "Channel Number"
[Read]
The "Stored Value" is the current value for that channel.
Enter the "New" value of from the list below.
[Test]
[Save]

Channel 05 should be the distance until the next Oil Service.
It is in thousands of kilometers. Let's say you want the Oil
Service light to come on in 5000 miles. That would be 8000 km.
Put the value 8 into channel 05. The "standard value" used by the US
dealers would be 12 (7500 miles).

Channel 06 should be the distance until the next In-1 Service.
Same units as above. Standard value would be 24 (15,000 miles).

Channel 07 should be the time until the next In-1. In-1 lights
up based on time or distance, whichever comes first. This is in
10's of days. Standard value would be 36 for 360 days.

Channel 08 would be time until the next In-2. In-2 is based
strictly on time. Standard value is 72 for 720 days (about
two years).

Is that it ? :)

Cheers

Hi mate

If its for your A3 Tdi, then if you I think you will have to stick to either the standard or variable servicing times, if only for safety's sake.
Only reason I say that is my mate had his VW Polo (9N) serviced on variable, forgot about the reminder so it kept popping up. He then tried to reset it using Vagcom but by also tried adjusting his mileages/dates manually in vagcom to compensate for time elapsed since the service.
I don't think his car liked it or he got it wrong, as now his keeps telling his is due a service every couple of weeks. Nothing in Vagcom will put it right.

So to be safe, if I were you I would just use the Applications button in Vagcom, use the SRI reset option and put it on Standard. The car will then remind you every 12 months or 10,000 miles regardless then. If you worried that you have time elapsed since the recent service, why not just remember to mentally knock off 'X' number of days/miles when the reminder pops up next time. Then reset it again at the next service and it will then be right for your Annual service.

If you do want to do it manually in vagcom though, then in 17 (instruments), 10 (Adaptation), Channel 2 is for the Reset, then channels 40 through 49 are the service variables. Oil, mileage, etc. If you have Vagcom 704.1 or later then the pop up Labels should populate over the entry field to tell what the default values should be.