What should I do next? (pic's of H&R -50mm)

ckh

Reaction score
Lower it last week on H&R -50mm (thanks to Mikey:icon_thumright:), very please with the result, thinking to go for 19" soon but not sure, i saw a coulpe of other threads that there might be rubbing issue, any suggestion on what off set i need?

What else should i do?

ResizeofDSC04625.jpg

ResizeofDSC04626.jpg

ResizeofDSC04628.jpg

ResizeofDSC04627.jpg

ResizeofDSC04613.jpg

ResizeofDSC04611.jpg

looks well mate. glad your happy with the springs.

how about some lamin x? ive got some tint fog light lamin x for sale brand new!

Looks awesome fella!

If were my car and my wallet, I'd get some votex sideskirts (theres some on the bay now) and tint the windows (not to dark).

Possibley some spacers to bring the wheels out a touch and facelift rear lights :D

ii think i should stop here :D I'm good at spending other peoples money!

But i like it a lot..Its just at the right ride height :D

Thanks Mikey i will have a think about it, do you know where i can get Lamin-X for the headlight?

ckh, looking good....
It's been almost a month now with them fitted, how are you finding the ride comfort and more importantly ground clearance for multistorey carparks etc?

I've looked at H&R 50 and Sportline 50/40 but it could be too low with my wifes works carpark being on a second level :unsure:

Glad this thread has been recycled.

CKH - How are you finding the ride now? I presume you've kept the standard s-line shocks and have just chaged the springs?

looks nice im gone lower mine to soon id get 19s on though tint the windows then it will be real nice

Lower it last week on H&R -50mm (thanks to Mikey:icon_thumright:), very please with the result, thinking to go for 19" soon but not sure, i saw a coulpe of other threads that there might be rubbing issue, any suggestion on what off set i need?

What else should i do?

ResizeofDSC04625.jpg

ResizeofDSC04626.jpg

ResizeofDSC04628.jpg

ResizeofDSC04627.jpg

ResizeofDSC04613.jpg

ResizeofDSC04611.jpg

thought about 19" but worried about rubbing....anyone had experience?

How you finding the ride after the S line set up? I'm thinking of a H&R springs too.

the ride is very good, just as good as s line springs if not better

the ride is very good, just as good as s line springs if not better

That's interesting - I would have thought the shorter springs would need to be alot stiffer resluting in a more jittery (If I'm getting too technical stop me) bone jarring ride.

Hmmn food for thought!

Car looks great with the springs mate, can you do me a huge favour please and let me know how much clearance you have from the lowest point of the front bumper to the ground.

Cheers :)

letting u know the lowest post is no problem, but i have a Leon Cupra lip, so theres a bit of a difference

letting u know the lowest post is no problem, but i have a Leon Cupra lip, so theres a bit of a difference

That's fine, if you could take two measurements:

1) from the bottom of the cupra lip to the ground
2) from the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the cupra lip

I should be able to work it out from that.

Is there much kerb clearance? - can you park it so the bumper hangs over a kerb without scraping?

Cheers for your help.

Have to go very slow in car parks and speed bumps, it does scrap quite a bit, but i took it of this week becuase of the snow, no problems at all once i took it off!!

i will post on the measurement tomorrow...

sorry for the late reply Sem

The two measurements:
1) from the bottom of the cupra lip to the ground - about 6.5 inches
2) from the bottom of the bumper to the ground - about 5 inches

hope it helps, let me know if u need any other info!

What else should i do?

ResizeofDSC04611.jpg

Hi mate, what wheels are these? They look really good!

Cheers
Matt

Im definitely getting these springe for my S Line sport back. What did you do with the front grill ? did you paint it or can it be ordered as a black part?

Im definitely getting these springe for my S Line sport back. What did you do with the front grill ? did you paint it or can it be ordered as a black part?

hey, how you will like the springs when u get them too! i changed to a optic grill didn't paint it!!

sorry for the late reply Sem

The two measurements:
1) from the bottom of the cupra lip to the ground - about 6.5 inches
2) from the bottom of the bumper to the ground - about 5 inches

hope it helps, let me know if u need any other info!

Cheers mate, are you sure you have those measurements the right way around?

I'd expect less clearance with the cupra lip!?

Cheers mate, are you sure you have those measurements the right way around?

I'd expect less clearance with the cupra lip!?

sorry yes wrong way round!

Thought so! 6.5" seems like loads of clearance, i'll measure mine tomorrow (facelift with standard s-line suspension) to see how it compares.

Thanks again.

That's a very nice car mate... What else have you done?
Did you lamin-x the lights?

How about painting your wing mirror covers black? And painting the cupra lip gloss black to match the grill surround.Face lift rear lights would put a big smile on your face.... as well as some LED's for the rear number plate lamps, the combo is great! Tints and tinted wing indicator covers... all pretty subtle but would finish it off nicely.

I like your car alot!

I forgot....... another great mod would be to swap roof rails with me... mine are black:sly::eyebrows: lol!!

thanks for all the advice!!! not been on for a while

hahaha