Who's got Bixenon Adaptives

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok completed my install today & I know when they start up they do there dancing routine up/down left/right but do you notice when you're stationary & turn the wheel that they move at all, I'm 99.9999% sure they work at speed, but just intrigued if anyone else has them working standstill or any little bits you noticed about them

I have them and they're not cracked up to what they're supposed to be. They only work at speed but not sure exactly what speed - above 10mph seems to ring a bell but im not sure. To be honest, I've only really noticed any benefit when driving in fog or twisty B roads at night.
I dont really notice them any other time unless Im trying to REALLY notice them. Curiosly though, they are more apparent when you use full beam

If you have Vagcom you can set the lights to 'showroom setting' (I don't know the exact term as I am away from my car at the mo').

This allows you to turn the lights with the car at a standstill as long as the engine is running - as a salesman would do in a showroom......

I've set mine to do this as I think that it's pretty cool!

There is also a function within Vagcom to allow you to turn the lights manually - sorry, can't remember where. It's something like a self diagnosis.

Yeah i know about the adaptation channel 20 thanks, but wanted to see if anyone got the movement when sitting stationary & moving wheel left/right & the function for manual is actually to set a channel for mot correct level, once they're set on a level location & manually adjusted then you disable this mode so the auto system works

Hi, mine start moving at approx 5-10mph, then they lock straight at about 80mph I think because they then can't keep up with the change in direction at that speed. If you stop at a junction with your wheels pointing left or right, as you pull away they will suddenly shoot round from being straight.

I'll try that at a junction thanks Harv

WHEN I'VE GOT RID OF THIS FECKING FLU THATS MULLERED ME FOR 1 WEEK SO FAR

Ditto. I've been ill but not bad enough to be off work, kinda limbo where I dont have the energy to do anthing. Managed to give myself a black eye yesterday and scored my glasses fitting a tow bar, roll on the new year....

Well been checking out the adaptives recently in the dark, I have to say they're pretty cool seeing them turn round corners etc, what does get me is when you pull up at junction say a roundabout & swing the wheel left & stop they tend to swing the headlights to the right, maybe its to highlight any traffic coming from the right or maybe just straightening up as Harv has mentioned, kinda strange tbh but as car doesnt know whch way you're going guess if stops better to be straight then huh

But overall glad I did this mod, I think they're great, now just gotta get the drl's working tomorrow now as feck me its cold down south

Just wondering if there's any adaptation/setting to switch on possibly the high beam or fog lamp on which ever side you are turning in while at low speeds ( < 40kmh ).

My mom's tiguan does that, and even responds to turn signals (i.e. wheels can be straight, but as long as you are signaling to turn, the car lights up that direction)

Tiguan is just a lifted golf if I'm right? so, any chance of setting the A3/S3 to do that? pretty handy while turning in dark city streets.

There is an option added to vag now for this I'm sure but tests so far havnt shown this to work but could be related to module versions, I will test it again with my brother as cant do on own.

you got new vagcom software downloaded N? New toys to play with?

Yeah there appears to be some new things added K, but havnt played with as yet & have to wait until back from Italy.

Mine work at low speed esp noticable in a underground car park on the wall as I turn.

However they dont move left/right when the engine is started only up and down, I was told they dont do this or are not meant to on startup.

I do def have them as the part no's on them show a "AS" prefix!

NHN, How much did this set up cost u? Must be a fortune!!

Yours are the new breed of lamps so its more than possible the updated modules have had this removed now as tbh I cant see the point except to show you they're functioning, but newer ones probably have some electronics to test the circuits now rather than movement needed or maybe its a centering test, the older 05-08 bixenon adaptives do the dance as such on startup in all 4 directions of the compass as such & they're supposed to do this & yes you're correct etka shows the AS as adaptive or cornering as they're known in parts catalogue.

Personally I think they're wicked.

NHN, How much did this set up cost u? Must be a fortune!!

Well you have to do possibly several things J, the levelling module that sits hidden to the left of the steering column & almost right next to the rns double din has to be changed out to support the adaptive working, the headlights & its possible the network board in module 09 of vagcom & potentially if no current xenons then the levelling sensors on each axle & looms.

If you were to buy from the dealer you're talking 2k thats with an existing xenon setup cause I had the levelling sensors on the axles already.

The headlights themselves actually have full on modules in the base of them with there own CAN connection where as bixenon standard dont have any CAN connections as such, so some reworking of wiring is needed & Kufatec dont advise of the pitfulls of the kits they sell, there are other things to do with wiring & modules.