Car Keyed!

retired_audi

Reaction score
Its almost becoming a joke here, I read these forums all the time but only ever seem to post when the next **** thing happens to my car.

My car was stolen some time back, and the insurance took 6 months to get it back to me (because they thought it was fraud!!!). The car was wrecked but they did a decent repair job. During the time they had it, I brought an old tatty A4, which got keyed! I couldn't believe it, ******* c**ts, who would key an old piece of **** like that? I didn't care that much as it was just a temp car.

Prior to all this, my car was broken into and my ipod was stolen, I left it in the glove box (stupid I know but still)!

So tonight I go out to my car, and 2 months after getting it back, its been keyed all along the side, with what must have been a knife!

This is my first nice car, and I swear its going to be the last, I love this car to bits, but the reality of the society we live in just makes it a ******* nightmare to own. I cant afford to keep paying insurance excess, and ******* repair bills like this. I hate owning a car I feel I have to ******* protect!

Sorry for the rant, but it ****** me off a little bit more because I spent 2 days ******* cleaning it this week.

And before you ask, I have no enemy's and live in a medium sized (if that makes any sense!) villiage in Surrey, unfortunatly this place like most places is just getting shitter and shitter!

Oh and just to complete my rank (sorry!) brought the iphone adapter from audi, told it would work with the 3G, but it doesnt, because it wont charge!

[RANT OVER]:racer:

feel for you fella!you not got a driveway?afraid this kind S**T happens everywhere!

Frimley Green :(

The problem we have is that our road is a cul de sac but at the end of the road is a footpath, which leads to Farnborough, and we get quite a few people walking through.

Possibly get a CCTV watching over it just so if it does happen, you can always see who it was and around what time.

I know it doesn't solve anything but at least you could do something about the rats that are doing it, if you know what I mean. It's a worthy investment

Feel for you mate. It's something I'm scared of everyday while I'm at my dad's on leave.

Sorry to hear - What D!K$ !!

I use to fear this but i pay £12.50+Vat to park my car in a secure car park (i live in Liverpool city center as im at uni there!)

But its a shame - we should be able to ave nice cars and not worry about them when we park them but unfortunatly - we got too many jelous Pr!cks in this world!

Sorry to hear you are having so much **** happen mate. This is the main reason why I said I wouldn't have a really nice car until it could be garaged. Although, this doesn't stop things happening away from the house. To be truthful I don't even get the chance to enjoy the car due to the amount of assholes out there. You can park the car in the most remote part of Tescos and some **** will purposly park his piece of **** a foot from your door. I now understand why people take two spaces in mult storey!!! Anyway, it doesn't make an ounce of difference what you do, some f****r will have you. My car, less than 2 months old driving down the motorway and a chunk of wood flew off the top of the lorry I was following. I honestly thought there was going to be a dent the size of a brick in the roof, luckily it glance the roof and just put a small ding in it. Back to the main topic......cctv is the best way like Enzimo said. We had a spate of dicks walking through the estate, kicking off mirrors, debadging cars and generally acting like twats. Cctv caught the 3 responsible and they are now banned from the estate. Not really the answer.......castration would be the preferrred option. But at least there has been no problems since then

I think CCTV is the way to go, at least I would have something to give to the police. I think they tried to knock the door mirror off as well, but failed, testament to Audi build quality!

I'm going to get it fixed through the insurance, bye bye no claims! Again! Lol.

Sorry to hear this....mine was done a few months back too.....absolutley makes my blood boil these little f**ks:weight_lift2:

FYI, I used chipsaway to repair mine for 300 quid.....not overly impressed though

Oh and just to complete my rank (sorry!) brought the iphone adapter from audi, told it would work with the 3G, but it doesnt, because it wont charge!

[RANT OVER]:racer:

Tell them to supply you a new one. As it sounds like you've got a faulty one.

Sorry to add to your troubles :( I've only ever had one of my cars keyed once and that thankfully. It's the most pointless vandalism ever!

Sorry to hear mate, These t**ts should be punished!!! My dad's volvo often gets targeted outside his small business near cumbernauld, more specifically, Croy. Most recently two of his wing mirrors were smashed up but aint nothing we can do about it! He also, does not have any enemies, just little low life B*****ds roaming the streets.

Ok my insurance want to charge me a £400 excess! £150 voluntary, fine, £250 young persons!!! Bit annoying but I am used to insurance companies being *********.

Anyway how much at a guess do you think this would cost to put right, the scratch is deep, and goes from the front wheel arch, above the side line (the nice side shape part thing lol!) below the door handle crossing the shape line thing, and alllll the way to above the rear wheel arch.

Im thinking about 200? For the paint, then the labour cost... £600?

Whatever it is it will have to wait until xmas is over!

I seems to happen when youve spent time cleaning it. Thats what makes it soo deliberatly cnut-ish. A$$HOLES!!!!!

Mine had to go in for a service a while back so i thought id clean it, my rationale behind that was "if the garage see I care for the car, they might look after it whilst its in"

Anyway, i spent a few hours giving it the treatment, the next morning I went out to find some toe rag had poured coke, like a full 2 litres of it from the roof downwards, it was everywhere!! :sob:

This countries going going gone to the dogs my friend, i feel for you i really do.

There are alot of ********* out there, I dont understand it, if I see a nice car, I like to check it out see what I am missing! But I never think "oh ******* how dare he have a Aston Martin better get the old key/knife out and make him sorry!!".

My plan in 18 months was to get a TT, but the last 9 months have put me off. I am going to wait until I can garage my car and secure it before I ever consider a decent car again! Too much stress!