Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    4th Gear

Status

how long does your car heaters take warm up

hi all when you first start the car in the mornings , and if you hit the AUTO BUTTON and you have the temp set to lets say 25c, how quick does it heat up, i am asking because when i hit the AUTO button the heaters dont seem to be blowing air hard as they used too,even when i raise the temp to 27c the heater really stays on the same speed

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    oh i forgot to add, i had the windscreen replaced yesterday , if thats got to do with anything,
    many thanks

The fan speed on Auto will stay slow until the heater element starts to produce actual heat and then speed up to get the interior to the set temperature. It does not matter whether the temperature is set to 19 or 27 until there is heat available. There is no point in the fan blasting away and pumping cold air into the car. If you want to you can increase the fan speed manually but it will still only blow cold air until the heater element warms up.

If you press, say, the screen demist button then the fans will run faster to help to demist the front screen, heat or no heat.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

4th Gear

Status
    oh thanks for that mate, i thought that autoglass might of buggered up some sensors or something while replacing the wind screen

5th Gear

Status
    I'm sure it says in the manual that 22 is the best temperature to have it on
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    I've got an 8L, and I normally have it on 24 and it takes about 5 minutes to start blowing hot air...which always makes me happy (I love heat!!!)