V-Power Diesel

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
Can somebody please explain the advantages of using V-Power diesel or BP Ultimate or equivalent instead of the cheap stuff?

What are the actual benefits gained?

According to their website both Shell and BP claim they help to keep all the nozzles/injectors cleaner than normal Diesel, thus keeping up the power of the engine.

Neither directly claim any better fuel consumption.

well i have been using Vpower diesel for a few weeks and noticed response time is better and miles per gallon aint really increased at all but i do get 500 miles to £50.

if i drive carefully i can get more.....

I've noticed about 10% increase in mpg since I switched to vpower/ultimate. Having said that I'm only really averaging 40 on long journeys and about 24-28 around town.

Since I got the car (august) I've averaged 34mpg. This includes 2 RAC call-outs for the ****** DPF and 3 times having to clean it myself, ie-driving very inefficiently to heat up the exhaust. :banghead:

Funny that this has been posted. I was recently wondering whether people with DPFs who fill up with V-power etc. are less likely to have "re-generation" problems than the people who use normal diesel.

Funny that this has been posted. I was recently wondering whether people with DPFs who fill up with V-power etc. are less likely to have "re-generation" problems than the people who use normal diesel.

I'm hoping so. Although at the moment I'm assuming its still cleaning out all the junk in there already. Over xmas I'll be doing a lot of long driving so hopefully it'll all be sorted by the new year.

The DPF has put me off ever buying another diesel again. It doesnt help that every time there is a problem with it I get told slightly different information on how to deal with it.

My A3 didn't like V-power.
Lots of 'hunting' on a steady throttle.
I've been advised my D3 needs V-power (or Ultimate) though, because it's a 'tuned' engine.

It gives your car an extra 50bhp!!!!

No really, its supposed to be cleaner and more efficient for your car.

I use the Petrol V Power and have noticed i get at least an extra 50miles now when compared to normal petrol.