AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: V-Power Diesel

GlasgowRangersFC

Status

V-Power Diesel

Can somebody please explain the advantages of using V-Power diesel or BP Ultimate or equivalent instead of the cheap stuff?

What are the actual benefits gained?
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    DOnt know about diesel, but the petrol has a higher octane level. http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/ . More octane points then the bigger the combustion, or something like that.

According to their website both Shell and BP claim they help to keep all the nozzles/injectors cleaner than normal Diesel, thus keeping up the power of the engine.

Neither directly claim any better fuel consumption.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    well i have been using Vpower diesel for a few weeks and noticed response time is better and miles per gallon aint really increased at all but i do get 500 miles to 50.

if i drive carefully i can get more.....

Neutral

Status
    I've noticed about 10% increase in mpg since I switched to vpower/ultimate. Having said that I'm only really averaging 40 on long journeys and about 24-28 around town.

Since I got the car (august) I've averaged 34mpg. This includes 2 RAC call-outs for the bloody DPF and 3 times having to clean it myself, ie-driving very inefficiently to heat up the exhaust.
    New: 08 S3, Bose surround sound, 6-CD Changer, RNS-E.

Old: 07 A3 2.0 TDI Sport 170 DPF, full leather, 18" 20-spoke rims,

2nd Gear

Status
    Funny that this has been posted. I was recently wondering whether people with DPFs who fill up with V-power etc. are less likely to have "re-generation" problems than the people who use normal diesel.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    Funny that this has been posted. I was recently wondering whether people with DPFs who fill up with V-power etc. are less likely to have "re-generation" problems than the people who use normal diesel.
    I'm hoping so. Although at the moment I'm assuming its still cleaning out all the junk in there already. Over xmas I'll be doing a lot of long driving so hopefully it'll all be sorted by the new year.

The DPF has put me off ever buying another diesel again. It doesnt help that every time there is a problem with it I get told slightly different information on how to deal with it.
    New: 08 S3, Bose surround sound, 6-CD Changer, RNS-E.

Old: 07 A3 2.0 TDI Sport 170 DPF, full leather, 18" 20-spoke rims,

6th Gear

Status
    My A3 didn't like V-power.
    Lots of 'hunting' on a steady throttle.
    I've been advised my D3 needs V-power (or Ultimate) though, because it's a 'tuned' engine.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    It gives your car an extra 50bhp!!!!

No really, its supposed to be cleaner and more efficient for your car.

I use the Petrol V Power and have noticed i get at least an extra 50miles now when compared to normal petrol.