Long Life Service?

Ash B

Reaction score
Can any on explain what it is? What do they actually change on the car or top up? Is it like just any other service?

Thanks
Ashley

Think its just the same as any other service as long as the cambelt or anything like thats not due. They just put the "longlife" oil in instead of normal oil?

Hi matt

That what i was thinking just different oil...So when they service your car do they top up the brake fluid and de-bug and re-gas the air con? My car was serviced in March at my local dealer in Cardiff.

But yesterday had to pay £155.85 for the brake fluid and de-bug and re-gas the air con?

Ashley

Mine hasn't had its 1st service yet so not had the list of whats done.

Does it not say in the service manual about the brake fluid change intervals?

I think the brake fluid change is every two year and is a chargeable extra service item.

Paul

I'll have to have another look but from what i can remember from the last service in march doesn't say any thing about it. So it would of been due the start of this year.
will check later and post thanks Matt & Paul

Ashley

Hi matt

That what i was thinking just different oil...So when they service your car do they top up the brake fluid and de-bug and re-gas the air con? My car was serviced in March at my local dealer in Cardiff.

But yesterday had to pay £155.85 for the brake fluid and de-bug and re-gas the air con?

Ashley

On a standard service they will check the brake fluid level and top-up if needed. They will only change the fluid completely if you agree to it when you take the car in. Air-con is not part of a normal service schedule - it is an additional item.

On a standard service they will check the brake fluid level and top-up if needed. They will only change the fluid completely if you agree to it when you take the car in. Air-con is not part of a normal service schedule - it is an additional item.

Brake fluid is normally only changed every 2 years. The need to change it is age related rather than miles. The brake fluid absorbes some moisture over time and 2 years is regarded at optimum time to change.