Updated pics, now slammed on coilovers, and more!

Mikey

Reaction score
Been a while since ive put some pics up. Yesterday I had Weitec Hicon GT coilovers fitted and im seriously impressed with them. Impressed in the way they feel on the road. For a coilover they are surprisingly comfy! I was very worried about how hard, stiff and crashy they would feel, but, they dont. Its wound down as far as it can go down and its not even scuffed or scraped....yet! But im told the kit might drop a few more mm as it settles in. Running 10mm spacers on the back, no spacers on the front.

Also de-wipered the rear (awaits the haters comments).

Future plans are to get the Mercedes rims on the car, but need to have a play around with spacers first to see if it needs any. Then longer bolts. Ive got some lamin x ready to go. And also ive got the 312mm front brake conversion to do. Then that should be it for the time being.

Will let the pics talk now. Any questions or feedback is welcome!

OT007.jpg

OT003.jpg

OT010.jpg

OT012.jpg

OT002.jpg

OT005.jpg

Loving it, arch to tyre ratio is looks spot on. Oddly still looks like plenty of clearance on the front bumper, maybe its the fact it up on the kerb? If not maybe a LCR splitter for the front?

Loving it, arch to tyre ratio is looks spot on. Oddly still looks like plenty of clearance on the front bumper, maybe its the fact it up on the kerb? If not maybe a LCR splitter for the front?

there is loads of room from bumper to the road. ive got my eyes on a carbon fibre splitter.

Looks the business Mike, nice one!

Its not slammed mate but it looked great, really clean looking :)

looks GREAT!!! did you change your exhaust?

Looks sweet :D

Love the bbs :D

Sits perfectly IMO ! I want to de-wiper but use it a lot and will miss it :(

What year car is it if you wont mind me asking?

Looks spot on though!

Nice, tidy and subtle.:icon_thumright:
Would leave the wheels though.
Sometimes styling for the sake of styling can spoil a clean car.

If you really need to keep tinkering I would do it under the bonnet.
All IMO of course.

Cheers
Paul

its got a milltek turbo back system, custom code stage 2, and green panel filter. Year of car is 2006. Cheers.

What bhp/torque figures you getting with those mods Mikey?

Thank N8

good question! I predict appx 185bhp, as for torque i havent got a clue what the figure would be. I wanted to get it RR'd the same time it was getting mapped at JBS but their rollers were out of action at the time. All I know is it feels good on the road.

Yeah Mikey, how are you finding the coilovers as my eyes have been opened recently by Nate about these not being **** to the road & can actually be very very comfortable, but I like multiple opinions cause 1k on suspension after my recent FSD upgrade is hard to swallow again, is it as smooth as been told, handling I know will probably be just as or even better than current on a good setup like KW, I personally just want a comfort ride with no bouncing about on road with fair handling, not sure the FSD's have acheived this tbh but further inspection to be done anyway as might not be this

How does the ride compare to your old setup H&R setup Mike in terms of comfort?

Do both setups get rid of the bouncyness of the standard setup?

right, ive owned in the past many many different types of suspension kits from the likes of Bilstein, H+R, FK etc. These Weitecs are by far the best kit ive ever owned. Before i took the plunge and ordered them I did a lot of research on these and KW's. I knew KW had a good reputation and these Weitecs are basically KW's. I had a good read around on the forums (mainly UK-MKIVS.net) and them chaps are over the moon with them. I was very worried about them being crashy, harsh, hard, bone shaking etc etc. I remember getting in my car on satuday after having them fitting and I was seriously dreading driving the car incase it was as bad as my FK setup I had on my MK4 golf. I was terrified incase I had ruining my lovely A3!! I was very pleasently surprised at how comfy they were!! It feels more solid and planted, but in a very good way. It feels slightly stiffer but its not an uncomfy or crashy feeling.

When I had my previous coilovers on other cars I allways had to avoid grids and small pot holes because the crashy feeling the shocks gave was awful. With the Weitecs its not a problem to go over them now (ive done the tests!!!)

Andy at PSI who fitted them did say he was impressed with how they felt when he road tested them. His words were along the lines of I could defenetly live with them on a day to day basis and im gettin old now!!

All in all, im over the moon with them. And you know these are a qulaity peice of kit as they are basically KW's.

Ive fitted some leather shock socks to the front struts to protect the threads and the rears have been copper greased.

I have always wondered why side skirts dont come with the s line package as I think it will complete the "s line" look. Nice car and colour choice though:arco:

hi. i have collecting my weitec coilover hicon gt for my sline 07 saloon ride 2 morrow. i am glad u just encourage me even more to get them fitted asap. I did alot of research as well and decided to go for them seeing that they were german base. But my question to you is with installing this does it have an affect to the esp traction control or its fine. the light will come off and on like normal.And the front coilovers is it all the down or that is where u stop .to prevent rubbing. and is that 18s u running on.

Someone on Ebay caled Mike is breaking an A3 and he has used a pic of yours!

just sent him a email thru ebay and reported it. can as many people do the same please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey spotted this last night. Did actually call the person. He said he a member on ASN and his friend did the listing. He seemed nervous when i said i've seen this car before. Reported him last night and today aswell

Ashley

utter scum bags they are. gonna get to the bottom of this. im not being taken for a ride. thanks Ashley.