Sky InsuranceBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

THINKING OF SELLING MY A3 - Whats it worth?? Any takers?

Its only a thought at the minute but I am thinking of selling my A3 and going for an S3 and I am trying to work out how much mine is worth. Ive looked on Parkers and Autotrader but its difficult because of the spec of mine and the fact that I have done the double grill to single frame grill conversion. I know you never get back what you've put in to a car but I think with the spec its worth more. It was a highley speced car when new and ive added more

2004 A3 2.0 Diesel
    DSG - Auto
    Akoya silver

Original Sport spec
    Graphite/Black vienna leather
    BOSE
    Bluetooth
    Sunroof
    Heated Seats
    Parking Sensors
    Auto and coming home Lights
    Interior Light Pack
    Storage Pack
    Front centre armrest
    LuggageNets

Added features
    OEM Xenons
    S-Line Bumper - new version (conversion from double grill to single inc bonnet)
    Votex Rear Spoiler & Side Skirts
    Eibach lowering springs
    Facelift Taillights
    Lamin-X tint on headlights
    Upsolute Remap
    FBMFSW & Chrome Paddles
    Cupra-R spoiler
    Optics Grill
    18" RS6 OEM
    Brushed aluminium door inlays
    RNS-E
    Cruise
    TT Vents
    Dension Gateway100 iPod
    35% Tints
    LED interor lighting
    Chrome tailpipes
    S3 pedals inc dead pedal

I also still have the original colour coded mirrors and silver sline grill

The car has done about 74,000, its just about to have a full service and cambelt change and will have 12months MOT

Heres how it looked when i bought

And heres how its looks now

Last edited by mattandrew; 14th December 2008 at 18:36.
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think you could easy get over 10,000 private but we all know how cars and selling. And at trade the prices are just stupid now

Your car has probably every spec people would want.
    And obviously you added the upgrades the one grill, s-line bumper, OEM Xenons, FBMFSW & Chrome Paddles, Facelift Taillights etc etc...

Just have to hold out for a good sale private. I wouldnt trade it in though
    But as you said it just a thought at the moment
    Must say the car looking good

Ashley
    Last edited by Ash B; 14th December 2008 at 23:35.

5th Gear

Status
    i'd sell some of the options seperatly at least that way you will get some of the money back, assuming you have the old parts. The additions will make it more desirable and easier to sell but ain't going to add much to it, I found that out when selling a high specced golf, it didn't get much more than the trade price for a bog standard model. I'm sure it will sell, try someone like weybridge audi (indi) to see if they would buy it or VWaudi sales and then add on some money should you wish to sell it privatly.

I'd also hold off on the cambelt unless it needs it, it will be a selling point if sold privatly but ain't going to make a difference to a trader its another 300 towards the S3
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

You should get a little over the standard for the sunroof and leather but you will basically get nothing extra for the other extras and mods. They may make the car more sellable privately but changing the grill will probably have reduced the value slightly from a dealers point of view as it's no longer a 'standard' Audi A3.

Some dealers may also reduce the value if a major service and cambelt change are due as they will almost certainly do this before they sell the car.
    Last edited by h5djr; 14th December 2008 at 13:38.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Have to agree. Adding extras like that seldom add monetary value to a vehicle and as Dave remarks, could in fact damage the actual value of the vehicle. A dealer would be unlikely to take the car on and sell it as an approved used Audi for example.

Your best bet is private, where someone could appreciate what you have done to it; it clearly "looks" better than when you bought it and would have more appeal. However, you should be realistic against the value of a standard car. There's also the insurance implications to consider too, which may put some prospective purchases off.

Good luck!
    Last edited by a3norwich; 14th December 2008 at 14:21.

Sem
    1st Gear

Status
    I'd strip it back to standard as you are limiting your potential market, a lot of people may also be put off insuring a 'Sport' and then having to decalre all the 'S-Line' bits, I think it would actually cost less to insure a real S-Line.

If you don't have the standard parts then stick a feeler up on here and offer a swap plus cash. i.e. RNS-E 400 plus your standard concert unit.
    2008 (58) Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black, Xenons, RNS-E etc...

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    It's worth a fiver but i'll give you a tenner for it!

Should sell ok its well spec'd nice looking car...
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    It's worth a fiver but i'll give you a tenner for it!

Should sell ok its well spec'd nice looking car...
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Not the best time to sell in the middle of a credit crunch

6th Gear

Status
    I bought mine for 9k with 54k on it (mines an original S-Line) same spec as yours but i dont have Bose or sunroof, when I was looking thats all they were fetching. I saw a few sports for 8-9k and some with 80-90k on them for 7500 ish

I'd put it up for 9k private, i'd say a dealer would offer you about 6500-7000 for it.

I know its probably worth more to you but hey, dealers arent selling cars at the moment.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

4th Gear

Status
    Glass's guide values your car being an 04 2.0TDI sport with 74k in Excellent condition at 7110, now that is what trade will be looking at taking it in at if they even want it. You might get another 500 over that on a private sale but I cant really see all your mods actually adding value to the car, they will just reduce the potential market as has been said. The potential insurance increase on declaring them would be enough to put alot of people off.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    i could px for a 2001 TT 225 - 45k - v. high spec ?

Well...my aunt seen the a3 and the TT is her current car but shes fallen in love with yours!
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Neutral

Status
    I'd say 8-8.5k. There are lots of genuine, high spec S-Lines that have less than half the mileage and with the more powerful engines out there that are not selling at ~9-9.5k so I can't see how this could ever be worth more than that. I know as I've got one of them!!

I've had to drop the price of mine by nearly 5k since I started advertising it 6 months ago and I've only had one person round to view it and all other interest has been for part exchange.

I too would recommend stripping off the extras that can be replaced with the original parts and selling them seperately.

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Looks nice. Will show my mum. Shes after an A3 2.0 Diesel.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

1st Gear

Status
    To save you stripping all the mods and selling individually, ill help you out. Lets do a straight swap for mine high spec but standard 04 2.0tdi DSG leather, cam belt just done and so on ...

Actually come to think of it, I wouldnt mind doing that for real ... Im off to think of an offer
    A3 '04 2.0TDI 140 DSG with lots of goodies but stock

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

S3 test drive tomorrow. Woo hoo

1st Gear

Status
    Go for private sale and keep it as it is.
    There are a lot of A3's out there but people are holding out for high spec'd clean cars and are still willing to pay.
    I waited 2 months for mine and travelled 200 miles to buy mine in the end.
    Gorgeous looking car by the way!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    I think you could easy get over 10,000 private but we all know how cars and selling.
    Just to show the sort of choice a buyer has, there was a really nice spec '54 plate Range Rover with 68k miles in the local paper last night, for 11k.
    Going by my A3's thirst for expensive oil, I'm not even sure the Range Rover would be any more expensive to run either.
    10k for a used A3, or a wee bit more for a nice Range Rover of the same age and mileage.
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 18th December 2008 at 10:29.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

5th Gear

Status
    LPG conversion on the RR and your away
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Agreed! Scary prices

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for all your comments guys I will bear all the comments in mind when making my decision, I had a test drive booked a Sheffield Audi on Wednesday but couldn't make it due to work, the guy was also gona give me a trade in value on mine, then i was going to tell him to stick the offer as i know he will give me peanuts for it. Might just keep mine for a bit longer yet, as im still trying to finish renovating my cottage. Me dad had the Impretza on loan again while his ML went into Mercs for some jobs, this hasent helped my decision tho as ive been using it for last couple of days, I must say I love the AWD and the power
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user