Anybody install a Haldex GenII Controller yet?

So what's the difference with the stealth? Is it just the colour?

"HPA Motorsports is proud to announce our new Stealth Gen2 Sport Haldex controller. In response to countless e-mails and instant messages regarding the warranty worries over the visibility of the Blue Sport controller on service appointments, HPA has answered with a limited run of Stealth units which are undetectable both visually as well as through a scan of your Haldex all wheel drive system. Identical in appearance to your OE controller, you can now enjoy all the benefits without jeopardizing your power train warranty"

Had this on My R32 if that helps (Gen 1 Blue Race controller). It does make a difference, just slightly more aggressive from the rear. Doesn't turn it into a RWD monster or anything like that. Made it a lot more fun in the wet.

Had this on My R32 if that helps (Gen 1 Blue Race controller). It does make a difference, just slightly more aggressive from the rear. Doesn't turn it into a RWD monster or anything like that. Made it a lot more fun in the wet.

Will this be a pointless mod though? After fitting the H&R ARBS my car definitely feels more rear wheel biased.

Will this be a pointless mod though? After fitting the H&R ARBS my car definitely feels more rear wheel biased.

You will feel it. If you drive your car hard and with the mods you have it'll give it more of a drift on the twisties. Gen 2, I think you can change how aggressive you want it to be (e.g. Race mode). The Mk5 R32 owners rate the Gen 2 controller and when they release one for the Gen 4 on mine I will have it!
HTH

You will feel it. If you drive your car hard and with the mods you have it'll give it more of a drift on the twisties. Gen 2, I think you can change how aggressive you want it to be (e.g. Race mode). The Mk5 R32 owners rate the Gen 2 controller and when they release one for the Gen 4 on mine I will have it!
HTH

I'm pretty sure the facelift S3 uses gen3.

HTH

Is the GenerationII Haldex compatible with my 2007 S3? You mention Gen4? Have they changed the Haldex unit in the newer S3s? This Gen 4 unit I assume will not be compatible with early model S3s?

I've noticed the switch to rear is more aggressive on the 8p than the 8l I had a few years ago. It doesn't take to much provocation to get the rear to step-out in the newer car yet it was almost impossible with the older S3. Would be interesting to find out what its like with a modded Haldex controller

You can notice a difference but you have to be driving hard or do a lot of country back road driving like me where the roads are slippery with mud and ***** etc. The official controller switch is a rip off and not worth buying for that price. I got my controller from the TT shop who i was told at the time where the European importers of the units plus i bought a controller switch which the TT shop designed and sales instead of the crap official toggle switch.

theres something wrong with mine then:wacko:, it will step-out at every roundabout if your aggressive

I also looked at it, I dunno. Got told that you need the switch for day to day driving, as leaving in the default sport mode will cause drive train issues due to the extra amount of power it can transfer before it slips (ie the normal safety nets) and it's really meant for track driving. No one can confirm if this does increase 1/4 launches, and with a few people saying here that that back is easy to step out, well, hehe, that's not Quattro sure footing :)

Theres only one way to find out, order placed should be here in Feb due to 6-8 week lead time for the switch. Now I just need to find somebody suitable to do the install....I went for the stealth unit.

think the weather in the uk :cold:might lend itself to a bit of drifting more readily than in SA:thumbsup:

8P S3 has gen 2. The facelift 8P has gen 4. This allows more slippage (ie better pulloffs) and also has better power/torque transfer capabilities to the gen 2.

The stock haldex has stock mode. The modified controller is the same thing, but it just allows you to adjust the built in safety net in the haldex system.

Do a hard pull off, do your front wheels spin but the backs standing still and you bog? Well, you putting too much torque through the system and it's cutting it down.. I think the limit is set at 350Nm or thereabouts, if you're chipped you pushing more than that through it. The adjustable controller allows you to push more through the system, but at the same time is putting a lot of extra strain on the system. It's a good thing you are buying it with the cable switch, leaving it in sport is really not recommended for day to day driving.

If anyone has any more up to date info on this then please feel free to correct me, but I've spend a lot of time talking to the people who actually made this and finding out about it, but it has been a while and I might have misremebered one or two things.. They couldnt guarantee that it will improve 1/4 times or the like, it should as it does allow you to pull off more aggressively but really it wasnt made for that and more for track racing.

Looking forward to your reviews of it in SA conditions, but apparantly there is a car or two in Durban that is already running this but not on any of the forums.

Gen 3 was only used on some off road vehicle.

I got confused not having kept up with the development of haldex. They used to call what they now call gen 3, Gen2 Pre-X(basically gen 2 but with an electric pump to supply the clutch packs pressure without any rotation of the propshaft). Seems they have dropped that now though and just use Gen 3.