Full Votex Kit - £400 - Is it Worth it?

kaz219

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Came across a full votex kit for £400? 8p-Pre-facelift.

Front is sprayed silver but never put on and sides and back are new in primer.

Is that worth it or shall i keep hunting on the bay...I know few members picked up bargains but i really want my car to have the kit on it (sick of driving something standard!)

Been looking since June and cant really seem to find anything on ebay.

Its brand new genuine BTW.

And also, how much would i be looking to get it all sprayed?

Cheers

i dont like the votex from lip its horrible IMHO, rest seems ok as Matt has sides

i dont like the votex from lip its horrible IMHO, rest seems ok as Matt has sides

I knew you were going to say that :moa:

I don't want to go S3 as if i buy one next, then I'll have the same looking car again but looking at Boydies/Kevs and a few other examples, I'm sure i can make it work :p

i think they look awesome..

I quite like the front lip, the sides are not that prominent so they will be fine, its the rear i'm not so sure about but i picked mine up for £50 so i'm not too worried.

If you put the rear on, there is quite a big cut out for the exhaust so you need some nice tail pipes to fit in it.

I;ve seen teh rear and i actually dont think it looks too bad :S

And as for the exhausts, Itss a reason for a miltek :D

How about for price, is £400 ok? I know its ot cheap but ama i being ripped off?

Cheers

Well s3 skirts are about that anyway so if you like the lip & it comes with the skirts for that price then guess its a fair deal, personal preference

Retail form Audi

Front £250
Rear £250
Sides £300

so its quite a big saving, saying that though, most dealers would do you a deal on a complete kit, but it wouldnt be £400 thats for sure!

I think I've just bought it! It's all brand new, never fitted, with the fiting kit and insturctions etc. :D

i like the rear:

616660-3.jpg

616660-1.jpg

I seen one in reality and i really did like it but its down to personal preference - thats what makes all of our cars unique :D

Also, kind of reminds me of my ex, the golf: Dunno why ?!
i226297545_5863_2.jpg

Reckon i could get a LCR splitter on the front :p

Thanks for everyones help and I'm officially broke so the kit wont be going on anytime soon :D

Thanks again guys for all your help !!

One thing i've noticed with the rears is that some have a black inlay sticker across the middle (same as pic below but hard to see on grey car) and others dont.

the standard tailpipes look rubbish on that grey one, fatter and longer needed!;)

My cars black anyways so whether it has a black inlay or not wont really make a diff :D

Im probs going to leave it off if there is one..

Are these part numbers right?

Front (8P0071609K9AX)
Rear (8P0071610K9AX)
Sides (8P0071685K9AX)

Cheers

I reckon it looks nice...
Do agree with the exhaust looking small but body kit does look good
Looking forward to seeing it on your car Kaz

Ashley

I reckon it looks nice...
Do agree with the exhaust looking small but body kit does look good
Looking forward to seeing it on your car Kaz

Ashley

Cheers mate :D

Hopefully, should have it on within the next few months.

Done alot to my car this month (s3 mirrors, s3 calipers, conti sport contact 3 tyres and quite a few more bits) so going to "TRY" and take it easy on my wallet now!

I hate this forum though!! Pics of Boydies, NHN and Kevs A3 and few more modding owners coupled with all you S3 owners and everyone carrying out mods that i want... rinsing me dry!! lol

If you do get the Votex Kit, i'll buy your S-Line Spoiler =)

lol.

Does anyone know whether the standard rear tow-covering arm fits the vortex rear skirt?

The seller says it does but just double checking :D

Cheers

My cars black anyways so whether it has a black inlay or not wont really make a diff :D

Im probs going to leave it off if there is one..

Are these part numbers right?

Front (8P0071609K9AX)
Rear (8P0071610K9AX)
Sides (8P0071685K9AX)

Cheers
At least the sides are for a 3-door

For the 5 door the number is 8P90716859AX.

Are they really different between 3 and the 5 door?

Yes as the 3 door skirts raise up a lot sooner to compensate for having no door whereas the 5 door skirts only have a short, raised area since they have a rear door.

You can see here in the pic below of the 5 door at the bottom left hand side of the rear door that there is a small, plastic cover between the arch and the door frame:

audi-a3-tdi-1280-06_opt.jpg

Compare this to the 3 door and it is a lot longer:

Audi_A3_2.0_Fsi_6_thumb.JPG

Last edited: