What is a fair price for a 2nd hand A3 RNS-e

jsh712p

Reaction score
Hi all -

It seems to me that A3 RNS-E units have increased in price - I can't seem to find any on ebay for less than £550 - £1000!

From trawling the forums I thought £400ish was a more realistic figure - is the retro-fit more popular now - hence the price going up?

I really want to do the retro-fit - but am finding it hard justifying paying that much - I paid ~£8k for my '04 3.2 DSG A3 (which I thought was a good price), and kind of think nearly pushing the price up to £9k just for sat nav is a bit much?

I really want the OEM look and integration, and also really want the ability to play MP3's (obviously as well as the sat nav). Ive decided against aftermarket (for the many reasons stated on these forums).

Do you guys know of any places (apart from eBay) that I could pick one of these units up at a more realistic price?

I suppose ill just keep looking and eventually bite the bullet.

Cheers for a great forum!

Martin

Around £550 seem to be the going rate on ebay , but as of late they seemed to have jumped up in price.

Theres couple of reasons for this imho , as the A3/S3 is getting older and being sold on the original owners are sellimg up and the new owners want to retro fit a RNS-E , so theres more demand.

As the demand is so high Pro retro fitters are buying up the stock of RNS-E's and charging £750/£850 to supply and fit.

I'm paying £800 for mine ( new-ish model ) to be fitted with the SDS hack enabled.

p

Around £550 seem to be the going rate on ebay , but as of late they seemed to have jumped up in price.

Theres couple of reasons for this imho , as the A3/S3 is getting older and being sold on the original owners are sellimg up and the new owners want to retro fit a RNS-E , so theres more demand.

As the demand is so high Pro retro fitters are buying up the stock of RNS-E's and charging £750/£850 to supply and fit.

I'm paying £800 for mine ( new-ish model ) to be fitted with the SDS hack enabled.

p

Was my PM any good Leon ?

******, I wanted to do this mod in the new year.

So much for the credit crunch.....:keule:

I too have noticed the increase, plus lots of companies supplying & fitting. I paid £440 including postage for mine!

I paid £600 for a piece of ****.

Sorry, i dunno where that came from :p

i got mine for 520 last week (NEW), still not had time to fit it yet

Leon you do make me laugh lol
This about the sat nav which is not reading your disc's?
Haha you know where it came from mate saw your thread you wasnt happy lol

Ashley

I paid £600 for a piece of ****.

Sorry, i dunno where that came from :p

Hi

520 new is a good price - where was that from?

Also - would anybody recommend any german sellers on ebay.de as reliable for that kind of thing -

Cheers guys

it was on ebay, 520 shipped, its a 2008 model he gave me a 2006 and 2008 disk

I paid £409 on eBay in November 2006 from "topsatnav" (based in Hanwell, West London), and spent around £50 on top later on for new nav discs, a different antenna plus an adapter.

It's funny because I would have thought this time of year is best for getting hold of an RNS-E, thanks to Christmas and more so because of the recession.

Keep checking eBay in the next two weeks as we approach the holidays - you might be able to score one at a decent price!

It's funny because I would have thought this time of year is best for getting hold of an RNS-E, thanks to Christmas and more so because of the recession.

Keep checking eBay in the next two weeks as we approach the holidays - you might be able to score one at a decent price!

I was thinking the same. Maybe when thing stop shifting the prices will come down.

I paid £480 for mine about a month ago. what a bargain :rock:

I agree thats probably the best option.

Fingers crossed ill find one - I think im putting a limit of 500 - and if i dont get one ill get one of those chinese things that lets you play MP3 (usb) via the cd changed input to the Symphony II!

Cheers

In poland RNSE like new is about 450GBP, but new ones you could buy for 600GBP. (prices including instaling)

can anyone reccommend a good fitter for the RNSE in and around manchester-also does anyone know if the inputs at the back of the unit are the same as the concert head unit cos i've got a dension ipod kit that i wanna intergrate into it.
Cheers for the help lads

Hamburg Police recently closed down a gang stealing Audi and other premium car brands' stereos - so the second hand market round here has dried up somewhat as a result!

Still several ebay.de offers from Poland who claim to be legit with police checked serial numbers.

Hamburg Police recently closed down a gang stealing Audi and other premium car brands' stereos - so the second hand market round here has dried up somewhat as a result!

Still several ebay.de offers from Poland who claim to be legit with police checked serial numbers.

Wish they'd have ebay in russia, we could buy one with 1000s of world satalite channels hacked in every possible way :beerchug:

If those units are stolen how do they get the codes for them? I guess its possible to re-code if you have the right equipment!

I am a little concerned that some of the units could be stolen -

Fingers crossed ill find one!

If the units are stolen you should be ashamed buying them. Or is it a case of as long as it was not knicked from me.

can anyone reccommend a good fitter for the RNSE in and around manchester-also does anyone know if the inputs at the back of the unit are the same as the concert head unit cos i've got a dension ipod kit that i wanna intergrate into it.
Cheers for the help lads

Your Dension kit will work fine as mine is hooked up to the back of my RNS-E. I don't think I had to change any of the connections around, but I did fit it a year ago, so cant really remember!

I didnt mean that at all - i was trying to say the gangs must be able to re-code them - otherwise stealing them is pointless.

I would never want to buy anything stolen - I am an honest law abiding citizen, and its a shame so many people arent!!

I'll be selling my RNS-e from tomorrow if anyone's interested?
A3 8P model complete with plug and play loom, GPS antenna, code card, oem 2007 DVD's (and 'back-up' version for 2008), removal keys, after £480
/shameless plug lol :laugh:

A3 8P model complete with plug and play loom, GPS antenna, code card, oem 2007 DVD's (and 'back-up' version for 2008), removal keys, after £480

Have you sold the A3 Steve and finally got yourself an S3?

Have you sold the A3 Steve and finally got yourself an S3?

Nearly, it's got an S3 engine just not the rest of the bits lol

Just picked up an edition 30 today am lovin it lol

Ooh nice one mate, lookin forward to seeing some pics over at the other place ;)

Are there any other mods you're looking to remove from the A3? S3 pedals by any chance?

:laugh:

If you still have this after the xmas hols drop me a PM.
My car is a 57 plate S3 with Bluetooth/Shark fin antenna and symphony (I think ?, its the single disk CD) so Im asuming it will go straight in with just VAGCom tweaks?

PS- Love the ED30, fine car. Enjoy.

cheer
Paul

It will fit straight in Paul, just make sure you have the correct removal keys.

I had mine fitted within 10 mins, it really is very simple. I then got someone local to code it for me with vagcom.

It will fit straight in Paul, just make sure you have the correct removal keys.

I had mine fitted within 10 mins, it really is very simple. I then got someone local to code it for me with vagcom.

Where are you based?