Its ****** cold

Benji

Reaction score
My boss has a 06 plate golf. He has an extra on it within the winterpack that allows him to pre warm the car. no ICY mournings!!!:applaus: what a great bit of kit. doeas anyone know if this can be added to my 54 plate A3? thanx for your help guys.:arco:

The only thing that i can think if that comes close is remote start from the alarm key fob

I use to have a clifford one.

I would just set the heaters and heated seats to on and start the car 5 mins before i were to set off

Car was warm and so was i :D

Garages ftw...Leathers still freezing though lol

yeah its the auxilary heater which has fair few parts for it to work, also needs a specific sharkfin aswell, no ***** either, new antenna, lol, any part can be fitted but its a question of 3 things, time, money & expertise

The diesels do have an auxilary heater, well mine does. An electric element that takes to chill off of the cold air as the diesel takes so long to warm up.

Paul

I think you'll find Jazz me old fella, its only a spec'd item not on all diesels, mine hasnt got & if you dont have the sharkfin then you wont have as it gets turned on by a remote which is picked up by antenna unlike the car remote.

No mate I think that you find there are two different Aux Heaters, there is the type that pre-warms the coolant and so the engine, and the type that is fitted into the heater on the diesels. This is an electric heating element that takes the chill off of the cold air in the winter.

See here is the entry from my last scan :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 7D: Aux. Heat Labels: 1K0-963-235.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 963 235 E HW: 1K0 963 235 E
Component: PTC-Element 0404
Revision: 00800000 Serial number:
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000

No fault code found.

Regards,

Paul

Ah we are talking about different ones, so yes you are quite possibly right Paul, but he's referring to the actual heater version for the internal of the car isnt he not the engine heater, urm now you got me thinking, etka on 1st day back, lol.

The only thing that i can think if that comes close is remote start from the alarm key fob

I use to have a clifford one.

I would just set the heaters and heated seats to on and start the car 5 mins before i were to set off

Car was warm and so was i :D

Audi recommend you should drive off as soon as the car is started because the car warms up a lot quicker when being driven saving damage to the engine.....

I thought it was best to simple drive off with Diesels and that it was a bad idea to simple let it run/warmup. Only suitable for petrols then?

^ the above statement is referring to the engine warming up element ^

diesels are a nightmare in this cold weather they take so long to warm up.

Technically, because of their thermal efficiency a diesel will not ever get up to operating temperature by just idling, indeed if you warm it up to normal temperature and then let it idle it will actually cool down somewhat!

I've noticed in my TDI s-tronic, it warms up much faster in sport mode than D mode - obviously with the exclusion of the above - sat in traffic idling doesn't matter what ****** mode its in - you still aint getting warm fast!

unless you have a boiling hot cuppa tea, lol, number of times I've driven to work with cuppa in hand, ahhh bisto, tea glorious tea, love the stuff

The auxillary heater I looked into a while back used a small petrol burning device to heat the cabin and was set on a timer through the DIS. It's only an option in Scandinavia though.

really, oh interesting as its etka shows it on a remote control mate cause imagine you need it at different times, surely it cant be like that fella?

really, oh interesting as its etka shows it on a remote control mate cause imagine you need it at different times, surely it cant be like that fella?

Defo mate. It was when I got my A3 towards the end of '06. I found it in my manual so I asked at Audi and noone knew so I asked on here and someone told me. It had in the manual the instructions I think.

ah ok there must be 2 systems then as I know aux heater has a different sharkfin for remote operation aswell, gonna go read now as this has got me thinking.

the downside of diesel is lack of heat but then thats because they are more efficeint than petrols. The clio hire car we had was blowing out warm air in around 60 seconds it was great !

that seems really good, do you know what the ost is fitted for one of their products?