• Wait for the TT-RS

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Do nothing, its a waste of cash.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

A3_3.2_S-Line

Reaction score
I need some help guys.

Need to put my mind to rest and it would be great to hear what others think.

You S3 boys are getting my wet with all this talk of power.

So what would you guys do.

Get rid of my 3.2 and get a S3 with 360bhp very easily. But this would cost me at least £5k to sawp.

Slat a VF engineering turbo or a supercharger onto my 3.2 and sort the handling out. About £5k again.

Or wait about 1 years and get the TT-RS and revo that.

It would cost a lot more than 5k to turbo a 3.2, but you can get silly power from it if you do. Search YouTube for some turbo R32s. As for handling, the 3.2 lump will always be very heavy where the 2.0TFSI isn't.

It would cost a lot more than 5k to turbo a 3.2, but you can get silly power from it if you do. Search YouTube for some turbo R32s. As for handling, the 3.2 lump will always be very heavy where the 2.0TFSI isn't.

Very good advice.

I had an A3 3.2 S-Line a couple of years ago,and much as I'd have liked a bit more power,there was no way I would have even considered either turbo or supercharging it.

The costs involved and the hassle simply would not have been worth the gains.

Wait and get an S3....much easier to do the neccessary mods,and much cheaper to get the first 40-50bhp out of it.

What a choice! But if you can afford a TT-RS then I wouldn't be thinking about getting an S3.

What a choice! But if you can afford a TT-RS then I wouldn't be thinking about getting an S3.

But then if you can afford a TT-RS then you can afford something alot better! Credit Crunch time remember, Vantage Roadster's etc are going for £40k. £40k will get you a wonderful car at this point in time.

But then if you can afford a TT-RS then you can afford something alot better! Credit Crunch time remember, Vantage Roadster's etc are going for £40k. £40k will get you a wonderful car at this point in time.

Yeah I know, too many options at the moment, but I would prefer somthing compcat (a lot of london driving) and 4 wheel drive.

I've seen DB9s at around £45k, and that's before haggling.

There wasn't an option for 'Get something else, like a Vantage' mate.

Indeed. There's an R300 for sale on autotrader for £20k right now but I'm not allowed to sell my car until I have had it a year (as I got it tax free). I want to take one away for a weekend in the spring to help me decide though.

They're a very good investment especially for when fuel prices go back up. There's a BMW Z4 on there too from the same year which would have originally been around the same price as the R300 but it's now only going for £11k!