Suzuka grey S3 Build thread

madalex

S3-less untill December
Reaction score
Wasssuppppppp just picked up my new WHippperr

Been a while since ive posted because im DRIVINGGGG to much ..and working :sadlike:..

When i purchased this car i asked audi not to prep or valet it in any way other than set the nav and register the keys ..

Got the car home and had a long fun weekend cleaning her .. Started with a foam wash,Steamed,2 bucket wash/Foam ,Dried and inspected ... Paint was in tip top condition .. Few contaminents on the surface from sea salt iron fillings ect . Went around claying the car with a mild clay . Also plenty of quick detailer used . Washed again . Dried then inspected again , Zero marring from clay so straight on with protection .. This time i used jeffs acrylic werkstatt kit which is a sealent other than a wax .. Sealants do more for a white car than any carnubaru wax could do as i have now seen for myself..
Rain-x on the windows ... WOW does this stuff work

This took around 6 hours ..

The sealant looks fantastic a few weeks on and beads water amazingly still..
Havnt got around to sealing wheels yet as im unsure whats happening with them.

ITS Soooo good to be back in an s3 after a 5 months wait after selling my Black one..

Loving the colour but it did take a while to adjust
I much prefer the grey tint of the colour in the shade rather than the pearl white in the sunlight . But dont get me wrong its still AMzinggg

Ive just had the car lowerd on h&r monotube coilovers . This piece of kit goes slighty lower than the blisteins which is what i was after .
... I think my previous blisteins pss10s had the edge on the quailty tho .

H &r antiroll bars , Always a must

Mirrors painted black

Led lights all round after fiddling with resistors alot

Once again the lowering and roll bars transformed the handling completly. Truely is astonishing the handing on this car

Heres a few pics before and after lowering

Before

P1020754.jpg

After lowering
P1020763.jpg

P1020759.jpg

P1020764.jpg

Spacers needed badly ^^^^

The next mod i choose to do was install a light weight battery as the stock battery weights ......wait for itt 16.5 kgs .. Its the same size battery as in a land rover discovery..!!!!

There were plenty of diffrent batterys to choose from : Diffrent weights , CA ,CCA, AH ahhh it was all so confusing ..
Finally got there and purchased a braille battery . Weights 5.2 kgs !! Excellent

Heres a comparison picture of size

IMG_3568.jpg

Here it is installed .
IMG_3575.jpg

The great thing also is that the stock battery cover still fits , And its all removable without a mark incase of warranty issues ..
The only thing i have to be carefull about is leaving the lights or radio on when not using the car As the Amp hours on this battery is 17 where as on the stock battery its 60 !!

Next mod required alot of diffrent resitors and bulbs (thanks toby )
Number plate lights ...
Orderd first set off ebay . Apparently pure white at around 3500k hmm more like bluee

P1020737.jpg

Orderd a metal set off ebay as advised (due to heat )and they matched up perfectly
IMG_3577.jpg

Next things on mind are :
Removing rear seats and having oem carpet installed
Evoms CAI with heatshield (waiting for ko4 model)
Turbo back de cat non res milltek (on order)
Forge diverter valve (will purchase when remaped )
Forge spacer valve (waiting to install)
Giac or revo remap (very unsure)
Upgrade xenon bulbs which are D3S changed for pre facelift model (not released yet)
Forge intercooler

Currently im very unsure on wheels ...
I nearly went for a set of Dymags but imo to costly
Volk progressive me
Oz ultra leggeras

Finally narrowed it down to either a set of speedline turinis like jonnys powder coated black or having the stock wheels powerd coated black with a set of 10mm spacers ..

:sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex:

Do u think i should get speedline turinis or stock wheels powder coated .. ????
I weighed my stock wheels with tyres on earlier came out at 22.5kgs .
I think a 225/40/18 tyre weights approx 11kgs .
So theres only a few kgs diffrent beetween the speedline turinis and stock s3 wheels.

Nice work fella, i actually think it looks spot on lowered on the stock alloys without spacers, infact thats what im gonna do as i really dont like the idea of spacers.

Nice work fella, i actually think it looks spot on lowered on the stock alloys without spacers, infact thats what im gonna do as i really dont like the idea of spacers.

Same i really dont want to run spacers either.

Looks great mate, but why the small battery? 10Kgs won't make the slightest difference in performance.

battery looks like 1st time I opened the bonnet of a freelander & saw the engine LOL. I hope the battery survives the winter with such low amps by the time all the electrical toys are on in the car!

Looks great mate, but why the small battery? 10Kgs won't make the slightest difference in performance.

I get what u mean but 10kgs on the battery plus all the other weight saving will all help in the end .. :Flush:

I get what u mean but 10kgs on the battery plus all the other weight saving will all help in the end .. :Flush:

I like idea of a light weight S3. Wouldn't want to lose the rear seats though, don't you have friends?!

You gonna get a big turbo?

Will it really? Have you every felt much of a difference in performance when you carry a passenger?

You're not planning to fit a big stereo are you mate?

Will it really? Have you every felt much of a difference in performance when you carry a passenger?

You're not planning to fit a big stereo are you mate?

Yes . My old r32 i stripped out the entire interior due to cleaning the car because of a smoker ,, N im 100% certain i felt the diffrence .

Why would u think i want a big stereo ?

:lmfao: - come on now he's at least leaving the passenger seat in.

Plus the time he's spent in the garage polishing and changing bulbs to Led's he doesnt have time for friends.

:kissmyrings:

Spot on !!! :sex:

I like idea of a light weight S3. Wouldn't want to lose the rear seats though, don't you have friends?!

You gonna get a big turbo?

Id rather get a car from my garage to use if having ppl fuking around in the back .. 2 Seats will b perfect ..

Debating big turbo . I think i probably will

Yes . My old r32 i stripped out the entire interior due to cleaning the car because of a smoker ,, N im 100% certain i felt the diffrence .

Yes but is it worth using a low capacity battery for the sake of 10 kilos difference?

Why would u think i want a big stereo ?

I'm simply asking as the battery wouldn't last long if you were to fit a thumping stereo. I'm assuming not though.

I'm sure it'll be ok but if you do have any starting problems this winter, one tip is to turn the stereo up and the fans on before starting for a minute or so then turn it all off again to warm the battery a bit. This allows it to give out more cranking amps. :icon_thumright:

It's looking good all ready Alex!
I said over on s3-talk, i'd go the speedlines, but don't be put off by spacers. I was running 10mm at each corner and so nlong as your wheels are balanced perfectly you'd never know they were on and they do make a big difference aesthetically and a small difference in handling (wider track).

I love the idea of a light weight S3....
Standard car 1440kg (I think) with 300bhp is 208 bhp/tonne
Light weight car, lets say you can get 100kg out of it would be 224 bhp/tonne

That's half a remap in terms of straight line performance, never mid improvments in handling and ride!

Good work mate

Out of interest why did you tick all the option box's if you wanted to save weight? :)

Do you really have every option?
I can't see any front or rear parking sensors.

Do you really have every option?
I can't see any front or rear parking sensors.

ahhh lol the one thing i didnt get !! o and cruise control

Yes but is it worth using a low capacity battery for the sake of 10 kilos difference?

I'm simply asking as the battery wouldn't last long if you were to fit a thumping stereo. I'm assuming not though.

I'm sure it'll be ok but if you do have any starting problems this winter, one tip is to turn the stereo up and the fans on before starting for a minute or so then turn it all off again to warm the battery a bit. This allows it to give out more cranking amps. :icon_thumright:

Well tbh 10kilos is a fair bit i think . Simply imagine walking around with 10 kgs on your back all day . lol poor s3 weighed down

Really does this work ? or are u making fun of me ?

They only spoil the lines anyway. It looks like you've had a bump and some back street garage has riveted your bumper back on.

Exactly the reason :friends:

They only spoil the lines anyway. It looks like you've had a bump and some back street garage has riveted your bumper back on.

Spot on. I'd rather crash the car than have these ugly pimples all over my pride and joy.

Keep on going, weight saving is way to go to make your car faster !

I put out spare tyre and put milltek turboback and saved 25kg ! I'll do the same mod with accu, that could be than over 30kgs spared.

I am quite confused why you got a facelift S3 having just owned a pre-facelift (which was stunning)

Anyways, good to see you back with the 4 rings! :)

Where did you get the bulbs for the number plate???? Link??

I am quite confused why you got a facelift S3 having just owned a pre-facelift (which was stunning)

Anyways, good to see you back with the 4 rings! :)

Where did you get the bulbs for the number plate???? Link??

Because i managed to sell her for 29thousand just before the credit crunch hit .. n then managed an 11% discount on a facelift . and clearly the facelift is stunning .

Will get some info on the leds in a bit

Must say al call looks great!
Keep my eye out for you...Is your car for sale though?
Im sure some one in my work place said it was the internet?
How you finding the car? And bet you enjoyed cleaning the car

Ashley

Must say al call looks great!
Keep my eye out for you...Is your car for sale though?
Im sure some one in my work place said it was the internet?
How you finding the car? And bet you enjoyed cleaning the car

Ashley

lol i just stuck it up on my site .. This is how i sold my black one . www.williamsmotor.co.uk

Love the car and yes i loveed cleaning her

hmm wtf my websites running wierdly for me from home .. Is it running correctly for you guys ?

lol get sooo many chav calls .. the wheels on the black 207 are speedlines

Lol cant blame you just before all this credit crunch and the price!
Well done. Yeah i just had a look, car looks good
Yeah sites running fine mate. Haha people be calling about the car is it? What chavs been saying? You know if you do get new alloys how much will you be selling the standard ones for al:)
Nice one

Ashley