Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Phatnoise Or Xcarlink

As a newbie to the world of Audi ownership I was wondering which option you guys think is best to get, either Phatnoise or an Xcarlink.

I like the idea of loading all my music onto the Phatnoise cassette but Im not too sure about having the unit in my boot taking up space, where as the xcar sits in the glove box.

All view will be greatly received.

Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Nice chebs! Erm, back to the topic...... How about an RNSe (Audi sat nav unit) It has two SD card slots, fill em up with mp3s and away you go.... track names in the DIS too if you have one in your car.

2nd Gear

Status
    i have the concert system with the phatnoise and so far its been great! doesnt take up any space really, its mounted on the side of the boot panel, well hapy with mine m8

cal

6th Gear

Status
    I just got a Denison Icelink and put my old ipod classic 80gb to it, does the same job, but nice and cheap!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    I've got an xcarlink with bluetooth and think it's great. I got it a few months back now and had no problems at all.

I got it from someone in China off e-bay. It came within 3 days! It does sound great but the only thing I would say is that you have to turn the volume up a little more than you would when litening to the radio. Only 2-3 notches. Only cost 60 so give it a try if you don't like it you will soon get your most of your money back by flogging back on e-bay.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

4th Gear

Status
    phatnoise gives you complete access whilst driving to artists, albums, playlists, genres and with a modifed unit at least 320gig or more

xcarlink seems to be like the dension etc with only a choice of a few playlists but no direct access without operating the ipod controls.

in my sportback there is a hollowed-out bit in the right side of the boot 1/2 way up - i cut the alu extrusions off my phatbox (they arent a heatsink, just a decoration) and it sits in to this space completely out of the was but completely accessible.
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

Reverse Gear

Status
    Phatnoise for sure. I also cut the alu extrusions off my phatbox and have it fitted in the glove box.