How did this happen?

Lee_R

Reaction score
This looks a rather heavy frontal, but the air bags never went off, hope the driver collected their teeth from the steering wheel!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-AUDI-A3-SPORT-FSI-BLACK_W0QQitemZ180309919923QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item180309919923&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

That is seriously scary.....

Has someone got an answer to why they didnt go off?

i have lots of loved ones driving mine and would want the airbags to work incase of a smash..

well if the impact bar was bent down it would stop it from pushing in & therefore the sensors wouldnt activate the airbags, so would depend on the impact angle, what they hit etc, its not beyond possibility it could happen to any car

Sounds like a real nice bloke to deal with

"relisted due to a total timewaster you know who you are a total *****"

Sounds like a real nice bloke to deal with

"relisted due to a total timewaster you know who you are a total *****"

:wtf:
Timewaster or not, there are some basic rules when advertising goods for sale and putting abuse in the ad is an imediate turn off!

I always sell my cars privately which means dealing with all manner of idiots, its frustrating but it comes with the teritory.

Similarly I often buy cars privately too, and if I have a bad feeling about the seller (ie swearing in the ad, phone manner etc) I walk away.

Paul

& the 8 or so previous negatives in a row on his feedback doesnt help.

Maybe the car was parked, engine switched off and no occupants at the time of impact, that would explain the airbags not deplying.

Maybe the car was parked, engine switched off and no occupants at the time of impact, that would explain the airbags not deplying.

Now what was controversial & contradictive about that :p

The car is damaged badly but probably not enough for the airbags to go off in reality you only want them to go off if youare going to hit the steering wheel and in this accident the dash has not moved. my Friend rote of a BMW worse than this and I have destroyed a Saxo but at no point did the bags go off as ther was no point.