EM TuningAH Fabrications
    GlasgowRangersFC

Status

Cleaning the engine bay

Ok. So what is the best way to clean the engine bay? If I were to use a pressure washer on it would it have any negative effects on the engine? Don't want to end up knackering the electrics or turbo or any other 'sensitive' parts. It is looking very grubby and I'm thinking about how to clean it up well.

Your thoughts?
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Use Meguiars All Purpose cleaner with some soft horse hair brushes, you can cover up electrical parts with foil and to rinse just use a hose.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Bumble Bee

Status
    Tesco do some really really cheap APC which is meant to work wonders.

You wont do any damage with a pressure washer, might be wise to bag up any obvious electrics though.
    Audi S3 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...es_engine.html

This will tell you all you need to know!
    2007 Silver S3 - DVD SatNav, MFBSW, Bose, GSM Bluetooth Phone prep, privacy glass, cruise control, lighting and rain sensor pack, piano inlays, GIAC Hammer map

1st Gear

Status
    Did my engine bay a couple of weeks ago. I just sprayed the engine with some Autoglym engine degreaser, brushed some of the dirtier bits and then rinsed it off with just an open ended hose. Came up a treat. Didn't cover any of the electrics and had no problems whatsoever.
    2007 S3 8P, Phantom black, REVO stage 2+, Milltek TBE, EVOMS, Autotech fuel pump, Forge "twintercooler", Forge DV, Forge shortshifter, Black optics, Privacy glass, Buckets, RNSe + SDS, Bose, iPod, FBMFSW, F&R armrests, Cruise, Interior light pack, Auto lights and wipers, Flat tyre warning indicator, Lamin-x, BBS CH's, H&R ARB's, H&R coilsprings