coming home button (lights)

dollface

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i have coming home button , when i get out car my xenon lights come on is it possible to change it to my fog lights . i phoned Audi and asked them , they said they didnt know lol

funny you just reminded me to check this in vagcom as I was thinking the same everytime I got out at night as it shoots across from the drive onto others houses lol

I remember about a month ago I checked this briefly while looking at other things for a mod, I know I ticked something in vagcom but didnt do squat, so another timely vagcom session required I think, but I'm guessing Marc's right anyway, kinda stupid as they're to bright for coming home, fogs were perfect on my S4 B6, just enough light, not invasive to surroundings at all, where as these are like a lighthouse in the close, lol, there's fair few settings I need to play with so I'll check later now laptops charged.

I love my come home lights, they are excellent for lighting up my wheelie bin/recycling box at the end of my drive!:)

lol, perfect for this time of year emptying the beer cans huh.

did you have to order the coming home lights when the car was factory ordered??????????????????

Uh that would depend if you wanted them I guess, lol, but no you can retrofit them

2 ways, 1 is to wire them in properly with the coming home button or there is a way to enable them with a ground wire momentarily connected/disconnected which Marc did some time back & enabled in vag but this of course turns them on all the time so if you want to disable you either disable in vagcom or from what I remember do the ground wire again, both of which are inconvenient as I find times I like to just turn them of given damn headlights are coming home not the fogs.

do a forum search for the thread.

Today I'm the lucky owner of a set of rather expensive adaptive bixenon headlights so my xenons will be for sale very very soon if anyone's after a set.

I'm sure you knew i would ask
how do you wire them in properly
cheers

I'm sure you knew i would ask
how do you wire them in properly
cheers

If you have bi-xenons which I think you do on yours you only need to make a change with VCDS, you don't have to do the wire to earth thing. I wouldn't bother with the button retrofit. It's not a simple mod and once you've enabled it with VCDS you won't want a button!

The major isssue with a retrofit is to do it 100% properly it needs to be wired into a light sensor (if you haven't got it already it means a new windscreen!) so they only come on at night.

I have enabled leaving home only and it's great!

Thanks again to MarcQ! :respekt: