where can i find some A6 BBS RS861 (19x8½)???? HELP!

elz33

Reaction score
im looking for a set of A6 BBS RS861 size-(19x8½). preferably replicas or second hand as i around 800-900 to spend but love thses alloys and cant afford brand new ones. as shown here- http://]

Loving those wheels :cool:
Image046_2.jpg

Got mine from ebay but they don't come up very often. oempl.us is your best bet for gens rather than reps.

the ebay ones look like the best bet. . . . i did pm the guy thats selling them in the classifieds on here but i had no reply. but thanks for the help guys, and il deff post some pics when i get them sorted.

oh and how much per tyre am i looking at for 19" 225/35 maars?

thry look great but take it from someone who has these in 18's... they are a pain to clean, you cannot go wrong with 5 spokes !

i could imagine, u cant use acid based prducts on them to clear brake dust either due to it being a split rim?? i may be wrong tho. . . .

Loving those wheels :cool:
Image046_2.jpg

Got mine from ebay but they don't come up very often. oempl.us is your best bet for gens rather than reps.

Maars

How has the increased wheel size and lower springs affected the ride?

I find the s-line suspension hard enough as it is. Bit crashy too. Have your mods exagerated this?

oh and how much per tyre am i looking at for 19" 225/35 maars?

I seem to remember paying £600 for x4 Goodyear F1s, fitted. Brilliant tyres - much better than the OEM Contis.

thry look great but take it from someone who has these in 18's... they are a pain to clean, you cannot go wrong with 5 spokes !

I had 18" 20-spokes before. And they, they are a pain to keep clean, but not as bad as you might think. I just spray them with wheel cleaner, agitate it with a Halfords alloy wheel brush, then wash them with a mitt. Amd finally treat them with AutoGlym Alloy Wheel Seal which works a treat in protecting them from brake dust...
getthumb.asp

Maars
How has the increased wheel size and lower springs affected the ride?
I find the s-line suspension hard enough as it is. Bit crashy too. Have your mods exagerated this?

I had the 19s fitted before the suspension and have to say the ride with the F1s was more comfortable than the ride with the Contis on 18s! But once the springs went on the ride definitely became firmer than the rather softer but decidedly jiggly std S-Line ride (which IMHO is poorly set up). I prefer the better grip and flatter cornering the car now has over the stock setup. The only noticeable difference (so I'm told) is that the ride feels quite bouncy if you're sitting in the back (which I never am!!). And the rears only rub with a very full load thanks to the right offset and right size tyres.

Thanks Maars

Do you have any pics with the 19"s before you lowered? Bit worried that it'll look like I'm driving the world's first A3 Allroad without lowering!

Thanks Maars
Do you have any pics with the 19"s before you lowered? Bit worried that it'll look like I'm driving the world's first A3 Allroad without lowering!

At home somewhere - I'll dig 'em out tonight.

It will look like an allroad Ron, so get coilovers and you can set up the ride to how you like and the right height! :)

How are you finding the ride on the coilovers compared to the crappy standard s-line set-up?

My car doesn't even feel like its lowered at the moment Ron! Got the car on maximum softness, its so smooth its unreal, slightly bouncey, but got the 18"s on for the winter, so wanted the ride comfy! I cannot recommend coilovers enough, those along with ARBs have completley transformed the ride! It is 10x more solid. I will probably turn them up next summer if I get 19"s again, I prefer the ride, slightly harder, not harsh like S-Line. I wish I could take you out to show you how they are worth their money!

Cheers Nath

Anybody in the North West thinking of getting coilovers, gimme a shout and I'll take you out in mine.

My car doesn't even feel like its lowered at the moment Ron! Got the car on maximum softness, its so smooth its unreal, slightly bouncey, but got the 18"s on for the winter, so wanted the ride comfy! I cannot recommend coilovers enough, those along with ARBs have completley transformed the ride! It is 10x more solid. I will probably turn them up next summer if I get 19"s again, I prefer the ride, slightly harder, not harsh like S-Line. I wish I could take you out to show you how they are worth their money!

Cheers Nath

Anybody in the North West thinking of getting coilovers, gimme a shout and I'll take you out in mine.

What happend to the fancy rimmage from the US of A?

So If I purchased coilovers how much incl fitting (If you don't mind me asking)?

What happend to the fancy rimmage from the US of A?

So If I purchased coilovers how much incl fitting (If you don't mind me asking)?

Basically, I took them off for the winter, and thought to myself. I want to get them refurbed, a PROPER refurb from Lepsons will cost £400, plus new tyres (hated the profile on the 235/35/19 Falkens) so a new set of 225/35/19s in a decent tyre was another £600+. So its paying £1000+ for the same set of wheels if you know what I mean? :think: I'm in-decisive about getting more 19"s?! Don't know what to do......

How's your car anyway. I think the Coilovers were £850 + 2 hours labour. So £950-£1000 I'd expect to pay. Transform's the ride and drive though imo. :rockwoot:

N8

Basically, I took them off for the winter, and thought to myself. I want to get them refurbed, a PROPER refurb from Lepsons will cost £400, plus new tyres (hated the profile on the 235/35/19 Falkens) so a new set of 225/35/19s in a decent tyre was another £600+. So its paying £1000+ for the same set of wheels if you know what I mean? :think: I'm in-decisive about getting more 19"s?! Don't know what to do......

How's your car anyway. I think the Coilovers were £850 + 2 hours labour. So £950-£1000 I'd expect to pay. Transform's the ride and drive though imo. :rockwoot:

N8
Dirty!!!

Thanks for info - hmmm decisions, decisions...