New A3 and Bodycare

steve184

Reaction score
As if i havent given mr audi salesman enough money hes after more out of me upon delivery of my new car in 2 weeks.

Has anybody had this bodycare treatment put on their car from new? And noticed a difference? Or is it just another way of milking that little bit more money out of you??? - I suspect it be the latter to be honest (unless im being too synical!). I honestly cant see how some magic chemical can make a car look good for longer with no elbow grease - as far as im concerend to keep a car looking nice requires lots of attention, cleaning polishing waxing etc - with or without this bodycare treatment. Hes also trying to get me on the asset protection insurance - same thing with this? is it necessary shud i bother or not?? Anyone any comments/experiences/thoughts.

Ta ppl

Am sure ive read this b4, the bodycare is a waste

4 delivery go back to him and say you have changed ur mind bout buying because of the delivery charge.

Make them see your dissapointed!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i've just bought an A3, they tried to throw those two things at me too

i didnt take either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If the 'bodycare' is supreguard, then it's not the be all and end all, but that's not the 'whole package' with the superguard deal - read the paperwork that comes with it and see if the overall thing is worth it to you - bin it otherwise and get some mats!

As for asset protection insurance - let's put it like this:

You spend 20K on a brand knew car. The second you take it off the forecourt, it's losing money and will continue to do so til you dispose of it! Now let's say that in 2 and 3/4 year's time, some little toerag twocs your baby and it ends up in flames - you get 20 grand back to buy a new baby made up of your own full comp insurance payout to market value and with Audi making up the shortfall to original purchase price - it's a no-brainer (if only for the enlightened!).

Either way - buyer beware!

Oh i understand what the asset protection is there for but what i was meaning is is it really worth it - its 2.5% the value of your car in one lump sum at delivery. I know you have to be careful of things like this because they have so many clauses etc where you cant claim that it can become a minefield - they usually made up to sound like they protect you more than they actually do! Has anyone actually had a policy and claimed on it successfully??? At the end of the day it takes a lot of damage to write a car off - even an A3 at 35 months old is going to be worth £13-14-15k which wud require a hell of a lot of damge to write off - plus sods law 36month wud be the month that something happened!

As far as bodycare goes i take it the general concensus is that i shudnt 'feel'bad about not having it' - ie not looking after the car properly?? Thing is im the kind of person who looks after cars anyway so its most likely a a waste of money - im not the type to leave a car until the wheels are black b4 cleaning polishing etc

PS rickparmar not sure what you are going on about deliver charges mate - think there was a misunderstanding there!!!!