Awaiting Delivery Date

M7 ATW

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I ordered a new facelift A3 sportback back in August via a leasing company and was given a provisional date for delivery at the end of October, however, obviously this date has come and gone and i've still had no updates as such.

So today i contacted the Audi garage at which my vehicle is to be delivered, to be told that Audi UK had apparently been a little lapse with paperwork/invoicing, so Audi Germany had subsequently stopped shipping them over until this issue was resolved. This has resulted in a large number of vehicles(including my own) being stuck in Germany, and as yet they couldn't tell me when these will be transported, never mind when they'd reach the respective dealership's over here.

Apparently vehicles are built in Germany and Brussels, and this situation only applies to the Germany plant. Trust mine to be coming from the wrong one! :(

The reason for the post was just to see if anyone else had heard of this situation and indeed to try and find if it was factual? Furthermore i was hoping someone could shed a little light on the situation and hopefully give me some good news?

P.S. I know i can't moan to much, as i know some members have been waiting considerably longer than myself.

Great forum by the way!!

Sounds odd...my S3 was built about 10 days ago and is en-route to Uk at the moment, due to arrive next week for collection early Dec. Is it a problem with the leasing company perhaps? Unless mine is coming from Brussels (Ugh!)

Sounds an interesting story! - no idea of whether it is spot on, or not. Not heard of anybody else being told this and people have been receiving cars on here over the last few weeks. You never know whether it is likely to be true or no with Audi UK!

Sounds odd...my S3 was built about 10 days ago and is en-route to Uk at the moment, due to arrive next week for collection early Dec. Is it a problem with the leasing company perhaps? Unless mine is coming from Brussels (Ugh!)

It's not an issue with the leasing company, as this is what Audi have told me this morning.

Apparently cars are coming through as normal from the Brussels plant.

Is your S3 going to be S-Tronic?
Finally got my car (2.0 TDI Sport though) on Friday, with S-Tronic - had been waiting since July, first I was told Oct delivery. Dealer said by all accounts quite lucky to get it so soon as now waiting time for S-Tronic is out to June!! The Sportback production is being moved to Brussels from Ingolstadt so maybe that's causing the delays?? Hope this isn't the case for you but bit of further info anyway.

I think you will find that 'normal' Sportbacks are being built at the Audi Brussels plant but all S3s are still being built at the Ingolstadt plant.

order a 3 door S3 in September, build w/c 3rd november. its in the uk and expected at the dealers today/tomorrow.

i enquired about a sportback s3 when I ordered mine was told that build should be pretty much as quick as a 3 door, but delivery of some A3 sportback models were being delayed quite a bit. no reason given.

its difficult (impossible) to know who to believe!

Thanks for your comments guys.

It seems strange that everyone seems to be told different dates/lead times and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of consistancy.

I just thought i'd share this information with you to try and assess if people had been told similar stories, and to try and assess the impact on delivery dates if this was found to be accurate.

I suppose i'll have to wait and see, but it's just such an agonising wait!

I ordered mine in August and collected it 3 weeks ago.