Left hand side fan / heater / blower problem

GavConner

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think I've got a leaf or something stuck in the fan on the passanger side of the car.

Its driving me nuts !!

I've blocked off all of the vents and blasted the left and side open to try to clear if but no joy. Even tried using the hoover but my wife was nto impressd.

Whats the easiest way of getting inside the fan ?

Is it from under the bonnet or the glovebox ?

Anybody ahve any handy guides / tips /photos ?

Cheers

Well as there is a pollen filter I doubt that a leaf has managed to get into the system.

There are control flaps and it may be that you have a jammed one for that vent. I take it that you have rotated the vent ring ?

The filter and fan system is behind the glovebox so access is from the inside of the car.

Paul

Well as there is a pollen filter I doubt that a leaf has managed to get into the system.

There are control flaps and it may be that you have a jammed one for that vent. I take it that you have rotated the vent ring ?

The filter and fan system is behind the glovebox so access is from the inside of the car.

Paul

Hi Paul

Yeah, I've roated all of the rings to the right and blasted the air on full opening one at a time with no joy. If its not a leaf then somebody has sugested it might be a parking ticket thats fallen down the window as my wife leaves them on the dash instead of stickign them to the window

Is this possible for it to fall in to the heater channels ?

If so can I get to it by taking the glove box out ?

Thanks

Gav

I wouldn't expect it to get into the system that way, unless by the slim chance it went down one of the screen demist vents.

You might find life easier if you invested in a copy of Elsawin from one of the Ebay suppliers, as it will help you dismantle the relivant bits of the dash.

Paul