Yet Another Problem...

Hey Ashley, sorry to hear of the issue you are having, let us know how you are getting on..

Mrs Benskin & Mr A Benskin,

The technicians report stated that after carrying out an extensive inspection on the o/s/r and o/s/f suspension components, major damage was found to the rear suspension and minor damage to the o/s/f suspension.

The vehicle will require:

A new alloy wheel - which will be proved by yourself
Wheel bearing and housing
Shock Absorbers
Rear Coil Spring
Rear Suspension Arms
Numerous nuts and bolts
O/s/f Suspension arms
Ball Socket
Speed Sensor
Drop Link
4 Wheel Alignment

The total cost of this repair including your 10% discount is: £1,757.50.

As per our telephone conversation, if the work is not carried out by our selfs will be a charge of £111.93.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Liz Newton
Service Advisor
Cardiff Audi

Anyway spoke to insurance said i have to pay £250 will have a car while my car in the garge doesnt effect my no claims or my mums but my insurance next year will go up by £200.
Mum already faxed a garage with my uncle works at they said they would do all that for me at £750-£800 and then just for the traction arm said £300 :) So not all bad.

nilz18t Thanks for that car should be fine now :):rockwoot:

Nigel will take some photos and claim. Took quite a few pictures will put them up here when i upload them to friends laptop

Thanks

Ashley

Anyway spoke to insurance said i have to pay £250 will have a car while my car in the garge doesnt effect my no claims or my mums but my insurance next year will go up by £200.

So hows that NOT affecting your no claims if you premium is still going to go up next year?

Couldnt tell you lol...On my mum insurance so she sorts it all out and i just pay if we go through that. But my sister told me about the whole insurance thing so she probably got it wrong

I would def pursue the council for the costs, we pay a fortune for road tax and fuel tax the least we can expect is roads that are fit for purpose!

I am going to pursue the council about this. Quite hard not having a car and then having to get public transport and lifts!
I know with tax's every one pays think they at least make the roads a bit more safe and decent for us

I would def pursue the council for the costs, we pay a fortune for road tax and fuel tax the least we can expect is roads that are fit for purpose!

Just a quick update...Been to the council they said they will investigate and be in touch. Showed them the photos of my phone and the damage audi said and photos of the pothole!

Better new repair started on my car today will have it back friday :)

Hey Ash, hows it going??

How have you got on so far??

Keep us posted on the council issue, will be good to see you get something sorted from them!!

Hi all

Took car last week to Sinclair Audi just turned up on a tuesday must say they were more then welcome to have a quick check over but did say if i wanted them to have a proper look to book it in. So i booked it in for today.

Was up there from about 9-12 didnt think it be that long! Anyway PROBLEMS!!!!:mad::keule::banghead:

Cardiff Audi DIDNT i repeat DIDNT replace/fix damaged/faulty part they had my insurance pay for. Also some one been messing around with my handbreak because said its insecure and some thing about two clips missing from there my handbreak. And they could only be removed (not came out of place or any thing). Wheels bearing, Housing, Sensor and few other bits have not been replaced. Also told Cardiff Audi that when i turn my car off and get out sounds like some thing dripping from the engine bay. To which they must not of checked and Sinclair Audi (bridgend) found out there a oli leak for driveshaft flange seal.
:nunu:

Brake fluid is very low and due change and aircon service is due. Dont these stuff normally get sorted in your service? My car was serviced this year by Cardiff Audi. Have called Cardiff to which before i could even speak to service was told they will call me was over half hour ago have till 4 to call me :)

I've lost all faith in Cardiff Audi parts great sales great....Service c*nts:happy:
Sorry about that guys.

Any one got any advise as i feel like there just taking the p*ss and not checking my car over properly.

Thanks for listen to me moan

Ashley:hi:

Two pages off invoice of Audi of work they have done just broke it down quick for you lot

Replaced all damaged suspension parts o/s/r alloy £665
B4wheel Carried out full 4 wheel alignment and geometry check £142.50
Wheel qty 1 price £375.75
Bearing qty 1 price £94.18
Housing qty 1 price £186.95
Rubb Mount qty 1 price £5.77
Bolt qty 1 price £1.18
Hex. Nut qty 1 price £0.62
Bolt qty 1 price £2.14
Shouldered Nut qty 1 price £1.25
Contr Arm qty 1 price £56.97
Contr Arm qty 1 price £56.97 different part number on invoice
Arm qty 1 price £61.86
Gassshockab qty 2 £44.51 each
Springs qty 1 price £43.26
Contr arm qty 1 price £73.76 different part number again!
Joint qty 1 price £22.21
Nut qty 2 price £0.64 each
Nut qty 1 price £0.64
Sensor qty 1 price £46.07
Conn link qty 1 price £18.11
Bolt qty 1 price £0.74
Nut qty 1 price £0.42
Tie rod qty 1 £37.84
bolt qty 1 price £2.86
PREPICK 26/11/2008 qty 1 price 0.00
Bolt$ qty 1 price £1.72

Privilege Discount today you made a saving of £69.27

Parts £1,122.62
Labour £807.50
£2,067.89

Got car back today. After Cardiff Audi having it for two days...Im just wondering where i stand i've been up there over 5 times in a matter of 5months and when i go there they just chat sh*t basically yesterday i nearly reacted in inappropriate manner. When they were like warrenty will not cover this as your car be ABUSED. I didn't work my ar$e off and use savings to get my first a3 at £8,750 to be told im abusing it.

There attitude yesterday was well shocking...I work in customer service
industry myself and i know how demanding customer can be and i know how to treat customer but i have not been damanding or rude towards any one there. And to them just seems like customer mean nothing. I was going to be placing a order for a new a3 for next year. But have decided not to after there attitude. I know this is not Audi as a whole because i go Sinclair Audi who are great they pointed out these faults and are really helpful and give good customer service.
In total been to my local dealer 10 times only bought my car in july!!!

I've never had a car serviced as i've only been driving since 10th january 2008 and changed my first car to the a3. Checked my log books car was serviced last time March 2008 long life service i believe? Im just wondering what that is? As i just paid £155.85 to get the brake fluid changed and air con de-bug and re-gas. Some explain what they actually do in the long life

Thanks

Ashley

Sorry, but how the hell do they figure out the coil spring/s and shock absorber/s need replacing?
That is just such utter, rip-off, ********.
Sorry, no other way to put it.
What the hell is wrong with these people, that they can't just be honest and replace what is actually required?
Slow figure for that month, maybe?
Tossers.

Hi bowfer not sure how the tw*ts worked it out. They are complete idiots...

But i'll never buy a car from Cardiff Audi or Recommend any one to them anyway. They are just a waste really, parts and service let them down. Some people who work on service and parts are nice like Jamie at parts good guy goes out of his way to find the stuff i need and the prices and part number and Sarah at service always nice calls me when my car in but i always end up with Liz who a f*cking d*ck and claire who so far stuck up her own a*se.

When i do get a new car next year be travling to Swansea, Bridgend or Bristol not going to the ar*e holes up the road from me, even though there like a 5minute drive.

With all the invoice/paper work in 5months my car had over £3,550 spent on it, thats not including the clutch they said i need. Even though there no fault with the clutch which they said to me but i need a new one. they said part was £850 plus v.a.t and labour!! If i never went through insurance or had warranty i'd be screwed.

Ashley

I'd bet my house on the fact your car could easily have been repaired to 100% safe condition using loads less parts, Benskin.
They sensed/knew it was an insurance claim and took advantage, both in parts and extra labour.
A new coil spring....honestly....
There's nothing to damage in a coil spring!
As long as one of the coils isn't snapped, it's fine!
As for all new bolts.
Something wrong with Audi ones that they can't be used more than once?
And the insurance industry has the cheek to have a go at Joe Public for dodgy claims?
They need to investigate garages.

You are probably right. I dont know much about cars but i know most of that never needed to be changed i would of just said the traction arm. Yeah because it was a insurance job probably though they say there loads of damaged parts etc and get as much as they want. My dad was on holiday so he wasnt here to sort it out. The coils springs were 100% not snapped i spent over 2hours checking it over.
What would you suggest bowfer? thanks for this aswell

Ashley

I'd bet my house on the fact your car could easily have been repaired to 100% safe condition using loads less parts, Benskin.
They sensed/knew it was an insurance claim and took advantage, both in parts and extra labour.
A new coil spring....honestly....
There's nothing to damage in a coil spring!
As long as one of the coils isn't snapped, it's fine!
As for all new bolts.
Something wrong with Audi ones that they can't be used more than once?
And the insurance industry has the cheek to have a go at Joe Public for dodgy claims?
They need to investigate garages.

You are probably right. I dont know much about cars but i know most of that never needed to be changed i would of just said the traction arm. Yeah because it was a insurance job probably though they say there loads of damaged parts etc and get as much as they want. My dad was on holiday so he wasnt here to sort it out. The coils springs were 100% not snapped i spent over 2hours checking it over.
What would you suggest bowfer? thanks for this aswell

Ashley

What would I suggest?
Blimey, that's a hard one.
If you want to 'twist the knife' into the dealer, you could phone your insurance company and tell them you don't believe some of the parts were required.
Or you could report them to trading standards.

Without wanting to go over old ground, can I just clarify something - you had £2k work done by Audi Cardiff, then went to Audi Sinclair who said that the parts that Cardiff claimed they'd replaced haven't actually been replaced. Is that correct?

Without wanting to go over old ground, can I just clarify something - you had £2k work done by Audi Cardiff, then went to Audi Sinclair who said that the parts that Cardiff claimed they'd replaced haven't actually been replaced. Is that correct?

Yes Dave thats correct. When to Sinclair Audi as i dont trust Cardiff Audi. When Audi Roadside Assistance came they wouldnt take my car to Sinclair Audi because its was too far.

what would I suggest?
Blimey, that's a hard one.
If you want to 'twist the knife' into the dealer, you could phone your insurance company and tell them you don't believe some of the parts were required.
Or you could report them to trading standards.

Hmm i think i will be calling my insurance company up.
And have to think about the trading standards. They have tried to get to get my clutch done and then i found out it was because my gear linkage was out.

Ashley

They have tried to get to get my clutch done and then i found out it was because my gear linkage was out.

Ashley

I had a Golf Gti that I sold to a colleague.
She phoned me freaking one day, because the local VW garage (same as Audi, at that time) wanted to charge her for a new gearbox.

The reason?
A strange whirring noise when reversing.

Their diagnosis?
New gearbox.

Actual reason?
I'd fitted front mudflaps when you weren't supposed to and the tyres used to rub when you reversed on full lock.

Honestly, it's quite incredible.
Sheer stupidity, or excuse to make money.
You decide.

WHAT THE F*CK are you being serious! Thats incredible...I cant get over that its really bad, but quite funny lol.
Thats terrible....Some garage must just not check car over properly at all
I think i will get in touch with my insurance and trading standards.
I think its a bit of Sheer stupidity and just another excuse to make more money.
What happened after with the golf and mudflaps?

Ashley

WHAT THE F*CK are you being serious! Thats incredible...I cant get over that its really bad, but quite funny lol.
Thats terrible....Some garage must just not check car over properly at all
I think i will get in touch with my insurance and trading standards.
I think its a bit of Sheer stupidity and just another excuse to make more money.
What happened after with the golf and mudflaps?

Mucho embarrassment and apologies from all and sundry.
Doesn't change the fact they would have been quite willing to change a perfectly good gearbox.
What would have been really interesting would have been their reaction to the car still making the noise, even after a new gearbox had been fitted!

What blew my mind was the mechanic's train of thought.
It didn't do it if you went straight in reverse.
Only on full lock (edge of tread rubbing the mudflaps)
How on earth did he diagnose a gearbox???
If it was the gearbox, surely to christ it would do it all the time?
Idiot.:scared2:

What would have been really interesting would have been their reaction to the car still making the noise, even after a new gearbox had been fitted!

What blew my mind was the mechanic's train of thought.
It didn't do it if you went straight in reverse.
Only on full lock (edge of tread rubbing the mudflaps)
How on earth did he diagnose a gearbox???
If it was the gearbox, surely to christ it would do it all the time?
Idiot.:scared2:

Now that would of been funny to have them change it and realise it still making a noise and then to blame some thing else and it keep going on... He be like:banghead:
In till they got a proper/decent mechanic to check it out.
Not quite sure how he was able to diagnose a gearbox:wtf:
As you stated IDIOT :)

Ashley

Of course, Benskin, there is a more sinister possibility.
It's possible they knew it was the mudflaps.
Which then gives two possibilities.

1/ They decided to replace a perfectly good gearbox, making money on the parts and the labour
2/ They decided not to replace a perfectly good gearbox, but make on they did, giving the owner a fraudulent bill for work never done.

In saying the mechanic was an idiot, I am assuming it was a mistake.:rolleyes:

Basically, I don't trust any main-dealer type garage.
Paying for a service agreement avoids you being ripped off for individual bills, but chances are you're paying over the odds for the contract in the meantime.

The only way I've managed to avoid being ripped off is free servicing on the wife's Clio.
I didn't pay over the odds for the car either, so it's a win/win.
Of course, I still have my doubts they actually do the work.:rolleyes:

Will Sinclair Audi put their findings in writing? (ie the fact that you paid Cardiff to replace those parts but they didn't do so!)

It sounds like a case to take to Trading Standards to be honest. OR contact Audi HQ and tell them what's happened and ask for your money back on the work that hasn't been carried out. I'm sure if you mention "Trading Standards" in the letter, you'll get a result.

Ideally, you need to get Sinclair to give you written confirmation that the parts have not been replaced.

You needn't ask another Audi garage to 'grass' on another, if they're uncomfy doing so.
Take it to an AA inspection.
I'd reclaim any inspection costs when they admit guilt.