EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: FBMFSW

1st Gear

Status

FBMFSW

Hi All
    Just had an FBMFSW fitted & I must say I would highly recomend a great improvement on the old MFSW, now if only I could do something about those DSG paddles.
    A3 CABRIO S-Line 2.0 TDI DSG
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You can, remove them or wire them in to some features on the car, as they are push to touch switches then see what you have that would use push to touch actions

Only key thing is if the slip ring has the extra or existing circuits for the no doubt 4 wires needed to make a contact for a feature to work.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Whats the difference? apart from the flat bottom ofcourse

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    style, look, feel, but interms of functionality nothing different & if you're considering let me know as got 2 selling at moment.

1st Gear

Status
    I ment to improve them not do away with as I have a DSG box
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Then should be more descriptive fella as some dont like them, but only way to improve is to swap them out for the alum ones, but they're 230ish from stealers.

1st Gear

Status
    interested in doing this myself but I do not MFSW at the moment.... What is involved...
    Nick

July 08 - A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI 140 S-Tronic - Deep Sea Blue - Ipod - Aluminium inserts - TomTom Proclip mount - THB Bury Car Kit - DIS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    taking wheel/airbag of, then putting new ones on & coding in vagcom, as yours is an 08 its already got the steering module & slip ring so no more parts as such for basic use with radio & if you have rns-e then can code for more functionality & if need vagcom shout me as I've agreed a deal with a distributor cheapest in uk & I also have a wheel for sale.

Turbo is the only way....

Status
    NHN, How much is the Wheel? FBMFSW? from S3 style with the silver stitching or the TT style? DSG paddles? Please PM me... THanks
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

1st Gear

Status
    Bought mine from Hazy Days 300 fitted.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I doubt hazzydayz would have charged you 300 for supply & fitting, do you mean just to fit it?
    Last edited by NHN; 19th November 2008 at 11:45.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I doubt hazzydayz would have charged you 300 for supply & fitting, do you mean just to fit it?
    sounds cheap, unless they took his old one in in exchange?

Wont be too cheap for me as I will need slip ring, control Module & wheel and vagcom
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royjk View Post
    Bought mine from Hazy Days 300 fitted.
    That sounds very cheap! Just been on the Hazzy Dayz website and it says it's 850 supplied and fitted! How did you get it so cheap fella? Did they take you're old wheel in exchange?
    StagsyA4
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 TDi S-Line (140 bhp), Saloon, Moro Blue Pearl Effect with...
    Black Leather w/ Alcantara | Rear Parking Sensors | BT Handsfree w/ iPhone 4 Dock | RS4 Pedals | RNS-E | Tints
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To come: OEM Xenon's | FB Steering Wheel | Centre Armrest | Bluefin | New RS6 rep's 19"

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Even an exchange is only worth 100-200 max to them anyway & they would like to make profit of his wheel so mor elikley 100 or just over, so either he's got price wrong or he's mistaken as 300 & wheel doesnt buy all that, be nice if he updated us to know.

1st Gear

Status
    Yes, they took my wheel in part ex & yes, the price was 300 fitted. I understand that they buy them direct from Germany. Took them about 30 minutes to fit & as they where doing another job in Cardiff at the time I only had a 10 mile drive to meet them. I have to say that Hazy Days have done a few jobs for me & their service is great. I had been waiting for the wheel for a while as I wanted it to match the rest of my S-Line interior-perforated leather with silver stitching.
    Last edited by royjk; 19th November 2008 at 15:44.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its amazing how they quote so much on site & ebay but they do it for hundreds cheaper direct & its not even 100 but 300, is it a state of the economy or just ripping someone of???? I'll let you decide cause good service or not fair deal is also taken into consideration cause some would pay 800 huh & to me its overcharging, I believe in paying a fair rate for a fair deal but blatant riping people of I frown at dramatically.

Full speed ahead

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royjk View Post
    Yes, they took my wheel in part ex & yes, the price was 300 fitted. I understand that they buy them direct from Germany.
    I'd say you got a blinding deal there. Which wheel did you p/x out of interest?

I've not seen a FBMFSW go for less than around 350-400 on ebay recently. And HazzyDayz quoted 450 to source a wheel, 95 to fit plus the expense of the loom, steering module, slip ring, etc. Plus with the Euro at an all time low buying from Germany isn't as cheap as it used to be.
    Daytona RS4 Avant :: black optics

1st Gear

Status
    The part x wheel was the S-line MF that came with the car - perforated leather with silver stitching & DSG paddles. When I ordered the car in March the flat bottom was not an option when ordering. Don't forget the fitting was a straight swap over hence it took so little time to complete the work & no extras where needed.
    Last edited by royjk; 20th November 2008 at 10:25.

Turbo is the only way....

Status
    Just one question. I have a 2007 2.0T sportback with DSG and came with NO FMSW. Do I need a slip ring and a control module to make it work? Thanks!
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No but you need vagcom to code it correctly, so want a wheel now then????

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    How do you go about coding a MF wheel then ?
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

3rd Gear

Status
    NHN what about the prices? (+shipping)
    And do your steering wheels have perforated leather or not?

Im also searching for one, but need defo perforated ,even better without paddles

PM me if you dont want to make the price public
    FOR SALE:

RNS-e 2013 DVD, BK Version, NOT unit, DVD disc

Steering ECU : 1k0 953 549 AH, ideal for Cruise Control retrofit

1st Gear

Status
    Why should I be more descriptive. Read my signature

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Is there a tutorial anywhere for newbies to code a MF wheel or a RNSE ? A few basic steps to get us started. The download PDF tells us about fault codes and shows you round the basics but nothing on say.....Changing the start screen on a rnse for example.

Is there a list of codes somewhere to change the function of a control module ???
    Last edited by paddy; 22nd August 2009 at 08:51.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Is there a tutorial anywhere for newbies to code a MF wheel or a RNSE ? A few basic steps to get us started. The download PDF tells us about fault codes and shows you round the basics but nothing on say.....Changing the start screen on a rnse for example.

Is there a list of codes somewhere to change the function of a control module ???
    Have you checked here?

http://audiforum.us/rns-e/427-rns-e-...ick-links.html
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport