FBMFSW

royjk

Reaction score
Hi All
Just had an FBMFSW fitted & I must say I would highly recomend a great improvement on the old MFSW, now if only I could do something about those DSG paddles.:kissmyrings:

You can, remove them or wire them in to some features on the car, as they are push to touch switches then see what you have that would use push to touch actions

Only key thing is if the slip ring has the extra or existing circuits for the no doubt 4 wires needed to make a contact for a feature to work.

style, look, feel, but interms of functionality nothing different & if you're considering let me know as got 2 selling at moment.

I ment to improve them not do away with as I have a DSG box

Then should be more descriptive fella as some dont like them, but only way to improve is to swap them out for the alum ones, but they're £230ish from stealers.

taking wheel/airbag of, then putting new ones on & coding in vagcom, as yours is an 08 its already got the steering module & slip ring so no more parts as such for basic use with radio & if you have rns-e then can code for more functionality & if need vagcom shout me as I've agreed a deal with a distributor cheapest in uk & I also have a wheel for sale.

NHN, How much is the Wheel? FBMFSW? from S3 style with the silver stitching or the TT style? DSG paddles? Please PM me... THanks

Bought mine from Hazy Days £300 fitted.

I doubt hazzydayz would have charged you £300 for supply & fitting, do you mean just to fit it?

I doubt hazzydayz would have charged you £300 for supply & fitting, do you mean just to fit it?

sounds cheap, unless they took his old one in in exchange?

Wont be too cheap for me as I will need slip ring, control Module & wheel and vagcom :sob:

Bought mine from Hazy Days £300 fitted.

That sounds very cheap! Just been on the Hazzy Dayz website and it says it's £850 supplied and fitted! How did you get it so cheap fella? Did they take you're old wheel in exchange?

Even an exchange is only worth £100-£200 max to them anyway & they would like to make profit of his wheel so mor elikley £100 or just over, so either he's got price wrong or he's mistaken as £300 & wheel doesnt buy all that, be nice if he updated us to know.

Yes, they took my wheel in part ex & yes, the price was £300 fitted. I understand that they buy them direct from Germany. Took them about 30 minutes to fit & as they where doing another job in Cardiff at the time I only had a 10 mile drive to meet them. I have to say that Hazy Days have done a few jobs for me & their service is great. I had been waiting for the wheel for a while as I wanted it to match the rest of my S-Line interior-perforated leather with silver stitching.:icon_thumright:

Its amazing how they quote so much on site & ebay but they do it for hundreds cheaper direct & its not even £100 but £300, is it a state of the economy or just ripping someone of???? I'll let you decide cause good service or not fair deal is also taken into consideration cause some would pay £800 huh & to me its overcharging, I believe in paying a fair rate for a fair deal but blatant riping people of I frown at dramatically.

Yes, they took my wheel in part ex & yes, the price was £300 fitted. I understand that they buy them direct from Germany.

I'd say you got a blinding deal there. Which wheel did you p/x out of interest?

I've not seen a FBMFSW go for less than around £350-400 on ebay recently. And HazzyDayz quoted £450 to source a wheel, £95 to fit plus the expense of the loom, steering module, slip ring, etc. Plus with the Euro at an all time low buying from Germany isn't as cheap as it used to be.

The part x wheel was the S-line MF that came with the car - perforated leather with silver stitching & DSG paddles. When I ordered the car in March the flat bottom was not an option when ordering. Don't forget the fitting was a straight swap over hence it took so little time to complete the work & no extras where needed.

Just one question. I have a 2007 2.0T sportback with DSG and came with NO FMSW. Do I need a slip ring and a control module to make it work? Thanks!

No but you need vagcom to code it correctly, so want a wheel now then????

NHN what about the prices? (+shipping)
And do your steering wheels have perforated leather or not?

Im also searching for one, but need defo perforated ,even better without paddles

PM me if you dont want to make the price public

Why should I be more descriptive. Read my signature

Is there a tutorial anywhere for newbies to code a MF wheel or a RNSE ? A few basic steps to get us started. The download PDF tells us about fault codes and shows you round the basics but nothing on say.....Changing the start screen on a rnse for example.

Is there a list of codes somewhere to change the function of a control module ???

Last edited: