turbo trouble

s3 ginga

Reaction score
:banghead:Hi,looking for some help with my ko3 turbo. I have gone through four turbos in four months,the last one only lasting three days!!!! The problem seems to be the turbine shaft inside the turbo keeps shattering. What could cause this to happen? oil feed? coolant feed?any help with this would be great.

Oil feed or overspeed or dirty oil or blocked oil drain. Is it tweeked ?

The correct turbo for the correct engine should last the engines life.

Oil feed or overspeed or dirty oil or blocked oil drain. Is it tweeked ?

The correct turbo for the correct engine should last the engines life.
i have now purcased the s3 ko4 with all parts to fit on i will change the oil feed pipes before i put the new turbo on the car is running totaly standerd

When the turbo's have been previously changed have you flushed and changed the oil and fitted a new filter?

Remember you'll need to relocate your DV with the K04, I can give you the part numbers to make an extension wiring loom if you wish. A good opportunity to throw an S3 intercooler at it too.

When the turbo's have been previously changed have you flushed and changed the oil and fitted a new filter?

Remember you'll need to relocate your DV with the K04, I can give you the part numbers to make an extension wiring loom

if you wish. A good opportunity to throw an S3 intercooler at it too.
pm sent:thumbsup::thumbsup:

pm sent:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Replied.

There are two connectors and the associated repair wires. You'll need about 2m of nice 2 core cable as well. I've also included the number for the corrugated plastic tube to put the cables in to protect them.

Replied.

There are two connectors and the associated repair wires. You'll need about 2m of nice 2 core cable as well. I've also included the number for the corrugated plastic tube to put the cables in to protect them.
cheers mate trip to the dealers then im ready to fit the turbo. well after i find whats shattering the turbine shaft:ermm: forgot to mention that the dealers fitted 2 new turbos under warrenty so guess they would of flushed the system and new oil??

Yes you'd like to think so. KO3's on the TFSi seem to be pretty reliable from what I've heard so very strange that you've lost two.

One thing to check might be the that the DV is operating correctly, you can plug it in and operate it with VAG-COM/VCDS to check the movement.