Vibration Question

Reffio

Reaction score
Hi. Hope someone can help.

Test drove a 2004 2.0 TDI sport today (A3) and everything was great however I could feel a vibration through the clutch when sitting stationary, which wasn't there in the only other manual 2.0 TDI I've driven.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a likely cause and if it's a walk away type issue?

Cheers.

As far as I know, since my cars got the same thing, it may mean the Flywheel is on it's way out.

Hope that helps

Cheers guys.

Figure I'll give this one a miss then and keep looking!

Is this a common thing, because I can feel a little vibration through mine... only done 34k?

l had a TT tdi as a courtesy car a few weeks ago and felt this strange vibration through the pedals. Not nice.

I find you can feel it if you were to "rest" your foot on the clutch pedal, effectively taking up the 5mm or so of slack travel at the top. You can then feel a little vibration from the engine.

I find you can feel it if you were to "rest" your foot on the clutch pedal, effectively taking up the 5mm or so of slack travel at the top. You can then feel a little vibration from the engine.

My petrol has done this since new (MY 2005), as did the petrol demo I took out as did the diesel demo I took out. Not great but I assume it to be normal.