AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Stevie C

Status

Custom Remap or stick with REVO/Bluefin

I currently have a REVO remap on my 04 2.0TDI sport 140bhp taking it to around the 185bhp with 290lbft of torque.

I have recently had some other mods done (not to the engine) and during this got chatting about a custom remap. My A3 has a full jetex exhaust and i was wondering if there is any benefit from having a custom remap done by someone such as Celtic Tuning? The BHP increase is the same as what i currently have with REVO but the Torque is knocking the 310lbft mark where as REVO is 290lbft.

Am i just clutching at straws here or is a custom map the way ahead???
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI Dolphin Grey |Loads of extras... & Mods...

Mods Fitted - Full Rieger Infinity Body Kit including Splitter | De Chromed Front Grills | Graphite RS4 19" Alloys |MK5 Golf GTI Brakes |S6 DRLs | Jetex Twin Tailpipe Exhaust | Revo Remap | TT FBMFSW |S3 Retro Pedals | S3 Air Vents | Diamond Front Component Speakers | Custom Parcel Shelf |Private Plate

Mods to be done - R32/R line Gear Knob | Interior Map lights |35% tints

2. # ADS
    ADS

Stevie C

Status
    PS, The A6 that was custom mapped while i was having mods done was rapid!!

Mods Fitted - Full Rieger Infinity Body Kit including Splitter | De Chromed Front Grills | Graphite RS4 19" Alloys |MK5 Golf GTI Brakes |S6 DRLs | Jetex Twin Tailpipe Exhaust | Revo Remap | TT FBMFSW |S3 Retro Pedals | S3 Air Vents | Diamond Front Component Speakers | Custom Parcel Shelf |Private Plate

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Ask revo for an update explain why they will advise you, ask for Carl, I would stay revo!!!
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

Stevie C

Status
    Cheers Andy, Do Revo upgrade maps from time to time then?
    Has anyone on here with a custom map got any thoughts too so i can get both views?

1st Gear

Status
    we do update our software when VAG update there software so we match the current update status but genrally the tuning will stay the same unless there is an issue; if you feel that you're going to gain from "custom" mapping then that is your choice but i can only really say that our tuning is tried, tested and trusted globaly.

Stevie C

Status
    Many thanks for that Carl, I just wanted to get an idea. Pretty sure i will be sticking with REVO.

1st Gear

Status
    not a problem mate!

any other questions feel free to ask!