Big favour needed from New A3 owner (with armrest)

garethj

Reaction score
Struggling to find the correct nut fixing for the armrest bolt. Have been to dealer twice, ETKA diagram is about as clear as mud. Have already got one wrong part, another one on order and I am not confident it is the right part.

If there is someone out there that has a New A3 with armrest, a small mirror, five minutes to spare and don't mind crawling about in the back of the car I will be truely grateful.

It's your lucky day. I've just come back from the scrappie with one.

There are 3 fixings in total; 2 bolts with spire clips that push into holes in the transmission tunnel.

The 3rd fitting is a custom one. It bolts into one of the handbrake points and has a threaded shaft on the top, onto which the armrest is fastened with a nut.

Excursion

Thanks, unfortunately you are talking about the old A3, the New A3 has a single bolt fixing (I have the bolt), which need a special type of nut (which I am trying to identify).

No probs. Crappy camera phone picture attached below, the hole is hex shaped, underneath is tightly moulded around hole making it impossible to use a standard nut (no access for spanner or socket).

I see the circular recess surrounding the hex hole - is that where you need to get a nut on?

Is the threaded section long enough to enable you to put a couple of washers on the shaft, to clear the recess? Then you'd have all the space you need.

I work for company that builds seats for Vauxhall/Opel. But i'm pretty sure a sister company in Neuburg Germany builds the A3 Seats.

Will try and contact someone tomorrow if needed, and get some information. Our email connection is fuct tho, so i can't recieve anything.

Cant quite work out the picture, are you able to swap the nut and bolt, ie push the bolt through first, so the nut is done from above. Do you know the thread size?