My new Carbon b-pillars and door inserts...or is it...??

hatmeow

Turbo is the only way....
Reaction score
I originally wanted to order the OSIR carbon B pillars and have the door inserts custom made with Carbon fibre as well. However, the price is very high at over US$700.

I am really against using carbon stickers as its really Cheezy and really not suited for an Audi... But, I found this stuff in our local version of "Halfords" in Hong Kong and decided to give this a try. Its not cheap at about US$180 for a sheet that is 40cm x 60cm but its still way cheaper than spending US$700

Its called "Magical Carbon" and its from a Japanese company called Hasepro. http://www.hasepro.com/hasecar/public_html/catalog.htm This stuff is basically a thin sheet of PVC that has the look and the texture of Carbon fibre. The good part is that you can work it over bends with a blow dryer and it forms to the shape (to a certain extent). The glue is super tough but peels off without any residue.

Here are some pics and the final result... It looks so nice that I am doing the shifter trim and ashtray tomorrow!!

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

Looks good but pricey!

worth it if it can be worked into shape though!

A few of the US guys have used Embossed Carbon Fiber Vinyl Upholstery Fabric to good effect...looks very similar but you need to glue it on.
CarbonFiber-100Black.gif

$ 28.90 per yard (Cut Yard)