Dymags.....sorry Alex!

John @ DW

Reaction score
Website
www.designerwheels.co.uk
Hi Guys

Here is a pic of one of our customers RS6 with a new set of 19x9.5 Dymags on. I just thought you lot would like to take a look as people seem to love looking at them, every time we get a set in random people turn up and just stand around them looking!!

Sorry if this makes your decision harder Alex!!

rs6dymagsgalleryhh0.jpg

dymag19x95black1ey1.jpg

Beautiful wheels..

Still IMO its a little bit of a case of **** polishing sticking a set on an RS6

The list price on them is £5334.50 inc VAT without tyres!!! But if anyone wants as set I can give a discount!!!
Jonny, it depsends what you want from a car really. If you want light, nimble and perfectly balanced don't get an RS6. If you want autobahn storming power it's spot on. This one has well over 600bhp (nearer 700bhp to be honest) and will be getting a proper manual box from an RS4 soon.

The list price on them is £5334.50 inc VAT without tyres!!! But if anyone wants as set I can give a discount!!!
Jonny, it depsends what you want from a car really. If you want light, nimble and perfectly balanced don't get an RS6. If you want autobahn storming power it's spot on. This one has well over 600bhp (nearer 700bhp to be honest) and will be getting a proper manual box from an RS4 soon.

:tapedshut::ninja::(:think::jump:

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Amazing news john and jonny my car is built one month early and is awaiting shipment :D:w00t::w00t::w00t::yahoo::yahoo:

Sorry to ask a potentially STUPID question, John... £5334.50each or as a SET of 4??

Rofl, **** polishing :lmfao:
I bet the wheels are worth as much as the car which is just insane :scared2:

quote]

What sort of discount then? I need/want a set of light wieght 18" drag alloys. I wouldn`t have thought these alloys wouldn`t be very good for everyday road use as surely they would chip and crack for a past time compared to alloy wheels when kerbed/knocked ? Can these carbon alloys be refurbed or is it a case of having to buy new each time?

The price is for a set of 4, and the 19x9.5 weighs 8kgs. The tyres that went on where 12kgs each!!!
These would be good for drag racing as the carbon rim flexes and would really help traction on the launch. For refurbing if you catch the centre you can get this refurbed as normal, but the rims just need replacing if they are damaged. You could probably patch them up as carbon can be repaired, but it will never be as strong.

Good news Alex! :)

Im quite disappointed with the weight of these rims, for an 18x8 they are only around 1kg lighter than a forged Volk wheel, and considering they are £500 a wheel it seems a little bit of a gimmick to me, only because of the asking price though.. They are a beautiful wheel and look amazing in the flesh too! :)

Exactly my thort jonny ..... Volk re30s are stunning . But look small in an 18 due to their design ... i now know why u choose speedlines

Exactly my thort jonny ..... Volk re30s are stunning . But look small in an 18 due to their design ... i now know why u choose speedlines

They also offer a 19" wheel but its pointless really, if your choosing a wheel for its weight you should go as small as possible :)

Speedlines are good, I weighed them on a set of bathroom scales and they were 8.5KG

Not bad for £230 a wheel lol..

Jonny

Thanks phil , Yes it's mine.

Well as we all know A 550bhp rs6 is not a "****" .It would spank your a3 in reverce ,but thanks for your kind words jonnyc.

Ha sorry.. Im sure you would on a perfectly straight road :)

The difference in the car is amazing !!!! It feels faster and quite nimble. Remember the mtm bimotos were 19kgs with out the tyre so I've lost 44kgs of unsprung weight that the equivalent of 176 kgs of sprung weight.

Next is some 390 or 400 carbon brake discs .

It should work well wth the 6 speed manual and 650bhp..

Thanks phil , Yes it's mine.

Well as we all know A 550bhp rs6 is not a "****" .It would spank your a3 in reverce ,but thanks for your kind words jonnyc.

Ha sorry.. Im sure you would on a perfectly straight road :)

Which is faster Jonnyc's S3 or grizz's RS6?... there's only one way to find out...

Harry_Hill.png

FIGHT!!

Which is faster Jonnyc's S3 or grizz's RS6?... there's only one way to find out...

Harry_Hill.png

FIGHT!!

Well based on the power to weight figures it suggest that it would be fairly close.. lol

550hp RS6 - 297hp/ton

417hp S3 - 297hp/ton

But in reality im sure the RS6 would stonk away from mine in a straight line with ease, I can imagine the torque is huge!!.. But wheres the fun in driving in a straight line??

Jonny

lol ....

Right some help guys ..............
speedline turinis(satin black) 18s or Dymags (satin black)18s or volk re30s (satin black) 19s

Need to buy sum wheels asap

Speedlines in satin black with Yoko Parada 2's £900 ;)
Volk re-30 in Satin black (custom colour) with with Yoko Parada 2's £2300
Dymags in satin black with Yoko Parada 2's £4000+

Up to you mate :)

lol ....

Right some help guys ..............
speedline turinis(satin black) 18s or Dymags (satin black)18s or volk re30s (satin black) 19s

Need to buy sum wheels asap

Thats what he said :)

Yes but what I meant is thats why I would go with the Volks as he only mentions 18s for the other 2 options. Which is too small IMO :)

Get ya.. I agree 19's look cool but when your wanting a light weight wheel it doesn't really make sense to fit more than you need??

Anyways all 3 wheels are great looking, so im sure it will look cool whatever the decision :)

Yeah will look good with any of them. Can you get the Turinis in 19s and if so how much heavier are they?

Thats Pish. 18s are the perfect size :) Any bigger is just showboatin. Thats not to say theres anything wrong with that, i ******* love big wheels :)

Speaking of the ********, i curbed 1 of mine last night.

Spent 3 hours round a mates house repairing his torn powerkite, only to curb my wheel on the way home. 50% of the rim is totally battered, wot sort of payback is that?? :slapped: :sign_unfair:

They do look good .. :hubbahubba: BUT hard to tell if they look ok on a non black car..

Ie Sprint Blue, might look weird with a silver centre and black carbon rim ..

What is the sales channel ? Dymag say contact them directly ??

Those look cool, I also saw these on AudiWorld.

weds-sport-carbon-fiber-wheel.jpg

A Japanese company Weds Sport has manufactured the first full carbon fiber wheel. This carbon fiber wheel was manufactured using a Dry Carbon Fiber technique and was unveiled at this years Tokyo Auto Salon show.

The weight of one wheel is 2.76kg (6.08 lbs)!

Those look cool, I also saw these on AudiWorld.

weds-sport-carbon-fiber-wheel.jpg

A Japanese company Weds Sport has manufactured the first full carbon fiber wheel. This carbon fiber wheel was manufactured using a Dry Carbon Fiber technique and was unveiled at this years Tokyo Auto Salon show.

The weight of one wheel is 2.76kg (6.08 lbs)!

Got to worth more than the car your putting it on !!!:sob: