REVO rocket

boggym

Reaction score
After some recent modding and finally getting my car up to spec for an upgraded re-map, I had the REVO stage 2+ software installed last week. Just wanted to do a quick post to let anyone else who's thinking of doing the same know, stage 2+ is simply stunning.

The car went into APD in Poole last Thursday for a few bits and pieces and most importantly the new map. They're a really enthusiastic bunch and have carried out almost all of my mods and I can't thank them enough for all they've done. They kept the car for couple days, as the software was being tweaked and perfected on big Andy's car (I believe) the very same day, to ensure I got the lastest upgrade. They then carried out several logging sessions on the road to ensure everything was runnning exactly as it should be. It was finally set up with Boost 9, Timing 6, Fuel 9.

Today was the first day I managed to get out for a decent run and I've been grinning from ear to ear all day long. I can't wait to get back to work tomorrow (and that's a first) for another day's blasting. The power delivery is so smooth it's deceptive but you really get a kick in the back when things get going. Due to the soaking roads today, the wheels were often spinning in 1st, 2nd and 3rd! It's ****** mental!! Mind you, around town and driven sensibly, things were more than manageable and fuel economy hasn't suffered in the slightest.

I'm hoping to get it on some rollers soon to be able to post up the results and confirm what's really going on in the way of horses so I'll keep you all posted.

So anyone out there thinking of upgrading, stop thinking now, get it done you will not regret it!!

Sounds good!
Do you know what your going to do to my bank balance...... :whip:
Have you done the clutch?

do you have a contact name and number?
i have an A4 1.8T and have been thinking about a remap for some time although I can always think of a dozen things i should spend the £500 on!

kartech are close by (ferndown i think) and they quoted my £299 which is a bit more like it? what did yours cost?

Wow... boost at 9... do you get a lot of lag? I was playing with my Select plus settings (revo stage II) and favored a B7 T6 and F9 setting with very good response at low boost levels with still a very decent top end. My Car was knocking even at B8 T4 F9 maybe because I still have the stock IC.

You might need to turn down the boost and timing during the summer months...Just my opinion...

Oh BTW what is Stage II+? is it a stage II that accomodates the uprated pump? any other considerations?

Decked, not done the clutch yet!! hoping it will hold out for some time.

Audisport, APD are at Wareham Road, Holton Heath, BH16 6JW. 01202 621761. Give them call and don't forget the free trial!

Hatmeow, yeah boost 9 might be a bit strong in the summer but I'm making the most of it now while I can. The guys set the car on those settings and they're pretty through so I'm happy for the minute. Will check it when things warm up though.

There's very little lag at all. I think the uprated fuel pump makes the power much stronger low down and as you increase through the revs, holy smoke!

As VRStu says, the Stage 2+ is for the fuel pump. I bought Stu's (VRStu) old one and fitted it. Couldn't resist! The software is only an upgrade from your present map so it doesn't cost the earth.

Cheers all.

Is there a dyno plot for this car? Would be interesting to see :)