EM TuningSky Insurance
    6th Gear

Status

I've been spending time and money on my new toy!

Well not a new new toy but new as in i have only started to drive it this week.

Back in Jan 2006 i bought this Polo and then a year after i sold it to someone who then spent 3k on the engine and other various other stuff and didn't have the time or effort to get it through its MOT.

So in Feb 08 i bought it back from him as i missed it and wanted a weekend toy.

So in the past month i have spent **** loads of time and money on it to get it pass the MOT and to insure it etc.

Now its fully legal and have spent another 500 on extra chassis and engine mods so now its should be running in the region of 170bhp and it weighs 850kg.

Its certainly feels faster than the A3 but i think that might be due to the fact that EVERYTHING rattles and you are so exposed to the road etc.

I don't know if anyone has driven one of these before but they are REALLY REALLY good fun and makes you smile! Incase anyone doesn't know what is under the bonnet its a 1272cc (now bored out to 1341cc) with a supercharger.

Here she is after a few hours of polishing.

Anyone else have any pics of their weekend toy?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I don't have a weekend toy anymore, I sold my baby to buy the sensible A3

And i bought this to ram around the ASDA car park, its waiting for Coilies and some cool little wheels
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

6th Gear

Status
    Got me an Accord Type R :D

I bought her in a bad way as she'd had been a bit neglected. The cambelt broke and the owner left had it in his garage doing nothing . but sorted out lots of stuff (Bushes, Brakes, Electrics)and last but not least, it needs an engine rebuild (or thinking ones of these a k24engine (vary from 300 to 500bhp!))

Thats not mines but mines the same ride height/brakes/wheels (and mines in better nick as its only got 40k miles and has been stored in a garage for the last 5 years :P) etc.

Hopefully over the up-coming summer I'll have a new engine in it with a few subtle mods and she'll be rollng once again :D
    Last edited by kaz219; 9th November 2008 at 21:23.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Sold

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    I don't have a weekend toy anymore, I sold my baby to buy the sensible A3
    Lovely Bug you had there Lee - the wife has a 2002 TDi - it's a great car and so far (touch wood) has been rock solid. Plenty of room in the back for the kids and the boot is fine for a weekly shop.
    Jon

Now A3 less......

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks, Mine wasn't so sensible though, 240bhp, mid 20's MPG was killing me on fuel costs, soon as I sell it the price of petrol falls through the floor

I spent 5k modding the bug so bought the A3 thinking I couldn't waste a load of cash modifying it!

I come on here and see all sorts of things!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh