/been spending time and money on my new toy!

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Well not a new new toy but new as in i have only started to drive it this week.

Back in Jan 2006 i bought this Polo and then a year after i sold it to someone who then spent £3k on the engine and other various other stuff and didn't have the time or effort to get it through its MOT.

So in Feb 08 i bought it back from him as i missed it and wanted a weekend toy.

So in the past month i have spent **** loads of time and money on it to get it pass the MOT and to insure it etc.

Now its fully legal and have spent another £500 on extra chassis and engine mods so now its should be running in the region of 170bhp and it weighs 850kg.

Its certainly feels faster than the A3 but i think that might be due to the fact that EVERYTHING rattles and you are so exposed to the road etc.

I don't know if anyone has driven one of these before but they are REALLY REALLY good fun and makes you smile! Incase anyone doesn't know what is under the bonnet its a 1272cc (now bored out to 1341cc) with a supercharger.

Here she is after a few hours of polishing.

PICT5404.jpg

Anyone else have any pics of their weekend toy?

I don't have a weekend toy anymore, I sold my baby to buy the sensible A3

100_1746-1.jpg

bug3.jpg

And i bought this to ram around the ASDA car park, its waiting for Coilies and some cool little wheels
15082008015.jpg

Got me an Accord Type R :D

I bought her in a bad way as she'd had been a bit neglected. The cambelt broke and the owner left had it in his garage doing nothing . but sorted out lots of stuff (Bushes, Brakes, Electrics)and last but not least, it needs an engine rebuild (or thinking ones of these a k24engine (vary from 300 to 500bhp!))

Thats not mines but mines the same ride height/brakes/wheels (and mines in better nick as its only got 40k miles and has been stored in a garage for the last 5 years :p) etc.
atr23.JPG

Hopefully over the up-coming summer I'll have a new engine in it with a few subtle mods and she'll be rollng once again :D

I don't have a weekend toy anymore, I sold my baby to buy the sensible A3

Lovely Bug you had there Lee - the wife has a 2002 TDi - it's a great car and so far (touch wood) has been rock solid. Plenty of room in the back for the kids and the boot is fine for a weekly shop.

Thanks, Mine wasn't so sensible though, 240bhp, mid 20's MPG was killing me on fuel costs, soon as I sell it the price of petrol falls through the floor :unsure:

I spent 5k modding the bug so bought the A3 thinking I couldn't waste a load of cash modifying it!

I come on here and see all sorts of things! :keule::hubbahubba: