replica wheels?

shauns

Reaction score
hi everyone,fairly new here and fairly new to the audi world but i currently have a 2.0 tdi sport in need of 4 tyres and was wondering if anyone had ever bought one of those replica wheel and tyre packages off ebay,quite fancy s3 wheels as it seems everyone has rs4 ones but there must be a down side for the money they are! any advice appreciated.:happy:

I have had a few different sets over the years and quality varies depending on where you get them from. Chinese ones tend to be cheap and nasty, Taiwanese or italian reps are decent. only worry is that some of the chinese ones come with "made in Italy" on them!

Only probs i've heard of with replica wheels is that they use a cheap alloy so cometimes can be brittle if you hit a pot hole hard.

I've never had any issues with them though.

I looked into the replicas also but was put off as they carry a low offset. They are likely to be 43 offset which for me sits the alloy to far out of the arch on the front. Nightmare because at £400-450 for a set they are value for money with one alloy (no tyre) from Audi costing £441!!

:weight_lift2:

The reason the offsets are 43 is so they can fit on both the A3 and A4 ranges. Its a nice balance between 35 needed for the A4 and 50+ needed for the A3.

Thats why they are cheap, the ones with center caps also have 10 stud holes, one of them 5x112 and 5x100 which makes one wheel virtually universal for the Audi/VW range.

Mine have been finee...

I got rs4 reps.

The only downside is that they're heavier than the standard alloys...

If you buy from a proper company...you will get decent ones and I;ve never come accross these chinese ones...

They've been on the car for around 6months and no probs (part from my mum kerbing one and my girlfriend kurbing another!! lol)

does any one have any photos of thier cars with wheels on that are et45 or 42 so i can get an idea of how they look

Hi,

Can anyone recommend companies that do decent/Italian reps at good prices?
I got a quote from Carnoisseur for some RS6 reps with tyres (non-budget) and was £749!!
Sounded a bit too much to me.....

does any one have any photos of thier cars with wheels on that are et45 or 42 so i can get an idea of how they look
here's mine with ET 42 on there 17" & they sit flush with the edge of the arch

P5302867.jpg

P6030854.jpg

hope this helps.

Mines are 18s...225/40/18 tyres

I cant rememebr the offset but they're either 42 or 45... i think 42..

DSC00816.jpg

aDSC00821.jpg

As you can see, they're pretty much on the edge...

Wonder if they'll rub when i get coillies on...?

has anyone fitted replica s3 wheels and if you have have you any pics!

if your after some rs4 reps i have some genuine Audi ones for sale with brand new tyres
pm if your interested
cheers