S3 Newbie, questions, HELP PLEASE

mac6967

Reaction score
Hi, My girlfriend got a 51 plate S3, 265bhp and koni springs. Recently the ESP light has turned on as she's been driving along the moterway for NO reason. Also I got in the car the other day and the sat nav screen came up "No CD Shuttle" even tho it was in there, also when she starts the car up sometimes it beeps 5 times at the back of the car, I'm presuming this is s prblem with the CD shuttle as I've been getting the above error!

Any help would be appreciated as I dont really want to go to the Audi garage only for them to spend 20 minutes on the car and charge me fr 5 hours work at £6,000000 per hour lol...

On a lighter note I have to say, I drive a A4 1.8T Quattro Sport and I thought that was fun... OMG, I have a race with an R32 the other day and spanked it, dont think he was happy hehe, oh and a week before that I raced a Boxter s, 54 plate and he couldnt loose me in the wet back roads on the way to my work, he wasnt happy but think he could see my big grin in his mirror hehe.....
:hubbahubba::blackrs4:

Hi welcome to the form. And glad you had fun racing lol! I'd be pretty p*ssed off aswell lol If i was any of them ha!
Anyway back to the subject probably get a quicker reply if you posted on
http://audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17
If the S3 8L made between 1996 - 2003.
If its the S3 8p is 06 of later this is the right thread lol not sure if they made S3 before 06 as i've never seen a s3 on a 04 plate probably me being stupid.
but some one probably come along soon and answer all your questions lol
Sorry i cant help never had a S3

Ashley

Welcome to the forum. So has the S3 had a remap? i take it she has a cd changer in the boot. Has she tried ejecting the cartridge and reloading the cd's? Or checking the plugs on the changer?
I guess the 1.8TQS was not standard either as I can't see it spanking an R32. R32 had 240BHP in a lighter car than the A4.

Hi Mate, its actually a 2001 model, not sure if its 8l or an 8p as I dont know the difference but if someone could explain then I'd be more than happy to read as I am a CAR NUT hehe.... Oh, my girl got me a audi driving day experience for my 30th, thats how much I love Audi's and it was an amazing day, would strongly recommend it to anyone, driving the RS4 was almost as good as sex hehe.....

Yes it has hehe, Remaped my Revo at Fontain, who I have to say are amazing, they serviced my A4 for half the price and payed twice the attention the Audi garage would have! The geeza had t remapped before he sold it! She does have a CD changer in the boot. I've had the CD error and ejected it twice before it worked, when she had the 4 beeps she leaves it and it works fine..... I have problems with mine, when I beep my horn it cuts the CD changer out and says NO CD but thought they would have ironed out probs like that when the came to making a superior model! I havent checked the plugs, will do at the weekend but I#m more concerened about the EPS light, not a problem when I drive it as the first thing I do it turn it off as its more fun in the wet but I dont really want my girl skidding our on a round about cos the power does take you by surprise hehe The R32 was the Mk4 golf so didnt have the DSG and 0-60 is only 6.6 so wasnt eally surprised, was surprised at beating him from 100mph hehe!

Noticed you had the same car as mine, A4 1.8 TQS, did your stereo cut out when you beeped cos I have to beep alot living n surrrey with all the 4x4 mums lol!

You getting the new S3 or the old one?

One last Q, sorry to be a pain! With the Sat Nav, do youneed to get some sort of TV decoder to get the TV side of things working? Oh, again, one last Q hehe, how do you get the car Phone Preped? She has a phone and you know how girls are, they like to talk so dont really want her talking while driving so if I could ge tthe bluetooth con working it would be more reasuing, then I'd just need to worry about her late breaking ;o)

Sorry, just realised I've posted in the wrong topic! Its a old style S3, my bad :eek:)

Yes, I got the facelift S3. Never had the problem with the horn though. What you ought to get is a nice new HU.....there is one for sale in the classified's LOL and it just so happens to be me selling it. Nearlly brand new and half what it cost me (sorry for the shameless plug)
There is a lot of info on here with regard to enabling the tv function on the rnse. Just do a search, but basically you will need to buy a module which plugs into the back and allows connection of various different inputs. The phone prep from Audi would be very expensive but again there are lots of different things like parrot which will do the job