EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

HELP ! rear view mirror has fallen off

hello.

my rear view mirror has fallen off and I was wondering if anyone knows how to put it back on. Its an 04 A3. It looks as though it was glued on originally ?? any ideas on what to use to put it back on ??

Any help is most welcome. Thanks
    Last edited by babyben; 5th November 2008 at 17:36. Reason: title

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    somebody been fixing their lipstick?

You will need to remove the old mirror pad 1st, then clean both the areas of contact with surgical spirits etc to get rid of any dirt/gease. One both surfaces are spotless, use a new mirror pad pressing it back on firmly but dont go mad or you could possibly crack the windscreen.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Status
    Hello and Welcome to the site

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. I had to have a new screen and a few days later, in the middle of the night, I was woken by my alarm going off with the car in the garage. I went down stairs and unlocked and opened the door between the house and the garage and used my remote to stop the alarm. I opened the car and everything seem to be OK. Must have been a false alarm I thought. It was only the next day when I backed the car out of the garage I realised there was no rear-view mirror. It was laying on the floor in the passenger foot-well. The interior movement sensors had detected the downward movement of the mirror and set off the alarm!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3