Facelift A3/S3 service postion wipers!!!

harvey183

Reaction score
Hi, just picked my S3 up and one of the faults I reported with it was that the wipers won't go into service postion. As I was there the lady said she would double check this as they couldn't get mine to do it, she went into the workshop and one of the technicians tryed 5 different facelift A3's, some would and some wouldn't. The mystery remains to be solved! (they are going to get back to me):wtf:

Thank's very much, It's a shame they didn't know that! ( I should read the manual really)

Aye! Typical stealers!

Anyway I found it as I was nosing through the DIS menu and I'm sure when I looked at the manual it mentioned the "old" method of putting them into service mode.

Totally un-related but relevant to the facelift:

On a 3 door, when lifting/sliding the seat forward to let someone into the rear, the seat doesn't return back into its original position when you send it back down. The seat ends up being too far forward so you have to slide it back into its original position.

Is this normal? Seems a bit strange to me as my old Golf used to remember the seat position.

Hi mate, They do go back to the same postion they are just stiff, you have to push the base of the seat back first (with much anger!) Then lift the leaver and push the back of the seat back, if you know what I mean?:)

Service position. The only thing l can think of is that within 10 seconds of turning your motor of you have to pull the wiper lever down, this brings the wipers into the middle of the screen. l find it doesnt work all the time and have to start and stop the motor until it does. Just a matter of timing l expect.

Service position. The only thing l can think of is that within 10 seconds of turning your motor of you have to pull the wiper lever down, this brings the wipers into the middle of the screen. l find it doesnt work all the time and have to start and stop the motor until it does. Just a matter of timing l expect.

I think this only works BEFORE you remove the keys. So the procedure is:
- Turn off engine
- Flick the wiper stalk down
- Remove keys